What's going on in Delta?

DeletedUser

Ahh and the stupid one is always the one who starts the fight, not the one who was suggesting somthing or trying to help.

That don't make any sense the stupid one is always the one that starts the fight is utter rubbish, and what is it you are suggesting or trying to help? :eek:

DeletedUser

whats going on in oceans 75 and 76

The Phoenix Covenant gives official notice of war against Spartan Elite.
You are the masters of your own demise.

The offensive started a few days ago with a number of "big" alliances all striking their own designated targets.
a 300000 point drop in 3 days with 50000 defence points each day says they are finished in their current incarnation.

So long boys.:p

DeletedUser

The huns

Have they just disbanded?
would someone tell someone whose's out in the sticks , what is going on?
:eek:

DeletedUser

The huns is not disbanding, evensmang decided to kick all members and they have now been re-invited.

DeletedUser

I think that makes it clear. Player went inactive for more then a week. Decided to come back and try to mess up the alliance.

DeletedUser

seeking some suggestions?

i will try to make this as short as possible. we had a small member that got bullied into joining another alliance. he didn't like the alliance, or the leader(which is who bullied him). so he attacked him, and quit. he then rejoined our alliance, and said nothing, about any problems.

the small player (at the time) had 540 total points. the leader he attacked had more than 14,000k. lol. yes.. it is true. next i get a message from this leader. telling me that so, and so is a refugee, and i need to boot him, cause he is going to farm him. i find out details, and message back. the leader. he will get no support from us, since he was stupid enough to bring this upon himself. no problem.

now; that alliance(which has 3 times as many members as our alliance) has decided to start attacking our members in that particular ocean. a 16k player attacked one of our 3k players. when asked why, he said it was because his leader asked me to boot a refugee, and i told him no.(which is not to how the convo went, and was left at).

the player in question is not a refugee. an idiot yes, but not a refugee. i have heard from some other alliances of this particular alliances bulling tactics. we are a peaceful alliance. so we take on a lot of noobs. we have 60 plus members, but can not fare too well against an alliance with 189 members.

any suggestions.
i do still have the conversations with their leader, if interested.
thx.

Regards,
LH.

DeletedUser

we are a peaceful alliance.

I hear this a lot.... You guys do know this is a war game right?

Honestly it doesn't sound like you kicked him when asked so you probably just made yourself a target for their alliance to farm. Fight back or concede to their demands, pretty much the only options.

DeletedUser

funny.. i always hear that from bullies. "this is a game of war".GAME, it is a game on the premise of building an empire, which has options of war.diplomacy,merging,allies, etc. do you really think the designers of this game had in mind; of big players attacking small players?

but seriously. games of people playing people should have values of respect! the bigger players around these bullies when they were just starting out. had respect for the smaller guys. so they were allowed to grow.

most of the alliances i have dealt with are respectful! but there is always one or two out there that have no respect for anyone. attacking players 10-20 times smaller than them is fun, and makes them think they are good.lol

i was never asked to boot our member. i was told to! do a lot of alliance leaders take orders from other alliances? i kind of doubt it, lol. after a couple of conversations, i was given the understanding that the issue was resolved. if they have a problem with me? why didn't they come after me? i only have 21k score. their leader is almost twice my size. i guess i have to be much smaller to attack. lmao.

yes there are options i have. i can use the same dirty tactics, and attack all their small members around me. since deceit, and truths were hidden, i know diplomacy is out. we could just merge into a bigger alliance too. seek support. it shouldn't be too hard to find other alliances that have been targeted by them. i already know of one, lol.
our members in that area have been warned, and given instructions on what to do. which is hide troops, build walls, farms, and troops until they have enough troops to defend themselves. a few are already regretting not using the tips in our alliance forums. there are always some that have to learn the hard way, lol.

ty for your input, i hope to hear some more!

DeletedUser

I agree with you lordheavy. When an alliance messages me and "tells" me what to do, I have a hard time not just doing the opposite, which I often do.

My advice to you: Fight back. If your alliance is too spread out to fight back, cut them. Alliances grow strong by having strong cores, not high numbers.

Stick to your ocean and the area around it. Check out Grepolis maps if you are unsure.

DeletedUser

funny.. i always hear that from bullies. "this is a game of war".

Thats funny because I always hear "I am a peaceful alliance" from losers...

Basic point is if you didn't intend on fighting or getting attacked in this game you would have been better off playing Sim City.

we could just merge into a bigger alliance too. seek support.

Going be hard to find an alliance willing to shield you from attacks. Of course you could try for one of the MRA's out there, they only care about points anyway...

DeletedUser

Excuse me why are you picking on this player ok you may have a point but leave him alone he was only asking for peoples views on this that is all! This game is about war but you can't grow if you are at war all the time there has to be some sort of peace at sometime! What happens when you are not a war , you have PEACE and time to rebuild and grow!

I happen to agree with most of what he says as I hate being told by anyone what to do in my alliance and will act against anyone who tells me what to do!

DeletedUser9300

Alright. So we have a small alliance possibly a miniature-MRA (60 members), being attacked by another MRA (189 members).

How to stop it, you ask?
Well, either admit defeat, and agree to his demands. This way, you'll probably survive, as will you're higher-ranked members; your alliance is probably doomed to fail, and you'll defect.

If that doesn't appeal to you, you must fight. I mean, this game revolves around Culture Points. The most efficient way for CP is of course BP. So attack them! If you lose, so what? It's a game. Enjoy it!

Also, I have to with Therecles. This is a war game. Like it or not, there will always be "bullies". And if you want to be peaceful, that's cool. But just remember, when (not if) bigger players attack you, be ready.

DeletedUser

Well Im a bully in my ocean...or at least was called like that by all people I defeated. So I want to share with you my point of view.

1) This IS a war game, no doubts about that. People confuse this game with something else and then have a hard time trying to figure out such a "dishonorable" bullies like me.
Look, everything you do in this game is about WAR. EVERYTHING. Of course there is an option to gain CPs by making spectacles and parades and then building new cities from scratches. But there is another option - to collect CPs through BPs, grabbing someone resources and conquering other cities.
Do you want to tell me that you gained all your CPs and got your cities through peaceful acts? You didnt conquern anyone? right...
Anyway, in this game every building is constructed to make you able to fight better. Every research is connected to army or logistics. You dont research poetry, philosophy...even mathematics are purely to make your ships cheaper to make. What else can ships do here than attacking someone and transporting troops?! DO you "produce" writers, philisophers or musicians in your polis???

Let me repeat - everything in grepolis is around WAR and killing. Myth units dont help farmers, they kill!

You want to be peaceful - fine its your choice. But creators of this game gave all of us tools to grow through conquests and war. Only because you want peace doesnt mean that everyone has to follow the same rule.
The biggest and most succesfull in history of mankind civilisations were at the same time most aggressive - Roman Empire, Alexander the Great and Greeks, British empire, name few. After they finished their conquers, then they were establishing and cultivating culture.

2) I keep hearing that Im a bully from low active guys. Yes. I started this game at the same time as all my neighbours but I grew much faster than them as I spent more time and effort playing.
ONLY BECAUSE THEY DONT PLAY OFTEN ENOUGH DOESNT MEAN THAT I HAVE TO SLOW DOWN AND LET OTHER ACTIVE PLAYERS TO CONQUER ME. OBVIOUSLY ITS A GAME FOR ACTIVE PLAYERS - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHEATING OR BEING DISHONORABLE. YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO COMPETE, DONT PLAY OR FIND A GAME WHERE YOU CAN BE OFFLINE FOR DAYS, WORLD OF WARCRAFT ETC.

Obviously people who have time to play more often have the advantage over those who log in every second day - BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAIR PLAY.

All these guys had enough time to grow. For how long I should wait more? till they get grey? 2, 3 months? Some people cant or dont want to spend much time playing and they stay behind, then when attacked they complain saying all this crap about me being bully, dishonorable etc. Its just a lame excuse.

PS
I have a guy in my ocean (not one!) who started week or 2 before me. He still has 3k points and I have 60k. Some other people around have 6-20k. Those kind of player will be always behind me as they dont play enough, or are not good enough. I will be never able to attack him if I follow the rule to avoid all smaller than me. If it makes you feel batter Me and my alliance (20+ guys) hit last week an alliance made of 300 players (or more if you add their "training" alliance). Is that fair enough? I can say that we took many cities but I didnt care if they are 5k or 8k or 20k players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what you can do..
Do what I did when I left MRA I was memeber of:
-gather together only active and helpful members, leave the rest behind. By helpful I mean those who will actually support you when you need it. Those who understand what TEAM is.
-organise them; create forum, check forum activity of everyone, plan operations and ask everyone to participate
-try to have good diplomatic relations with stronger than you and attack equal or weaker (what do you think all countries do? they talk with stronger and use, attack, feed on weaker)

if still you are to weak, then look for an alliance made of active players and join them

bottom line, you dont like when ppl tell you what to do? smash their face. Some people understand only strength and talking to them is a waste of time