whats occurring?

DeletedUser11965

If . 9 . Is made again...haha xD, who were the original members. I can't believe I turn them down back then, I'm such a noob.

DeletedUser30391

I like a little banter on my opinions, actually I kinda prefer that others do reply against my opinions:) As long as the other can keep it on a cival level. It is when the other makes it personal that I find it gone to far. But fun banter definatly makes the forums fun to read:D

i looked for you in this world, and it appears you are not here,banter is easier when you arent playing in the worlds you banter in

DeletedUser

i looked for you in this world, and it appears you are not here,banter is easier when you arent playing in the worlds you banter in

He used to play here, but has recently quit.

As to why this world has gone quiet, I think hilop hit the nail on the head already with that one, some alliances in a privileged position decided to play it safe.... too safe in fact, and instead decided to eliminate most worthwhile competition by using higher numbers.

DeletedUser

It does kinda suck when the top 2 are just a Super Alliance.

DeletedUser12667

You are 100% correct there:) I can trash talk and not worry about being attacked here:cool:

But I wouldnt have minded a few more of these, curtosy of Styx(though they had a different name then:p)

14461ro.jpg

You should try it sometime, I think you will also find it awesome:D

DeletedUser15976

Ah hilop!! we miss you,now I have no one to send my 1 pegasus attacks :D

DeletedUser12667

I am glad I dont have to face those attacks anymore:)

But honestly you cats worked well together. I didnt mind loosing a few cities to you all, especially when you didnt feel the need to have another alliance help:cool: I give you all the top spot in bell in my book.

DeletedUser16292

Numbers and diplomacy are both valid tools, you argue that we not use them precisely because they are effective? Riiiiiight. :cool: Dont get me wrong, I realize how it can be exciting to be the underdog in a fight, but that doesnt mean I'm gonna go out of my way to be one.

DeletedUser

it's for chickens attacking 1 player with 2 alliances.
coward is all i can say to that

DeletedUser16292

Fool is all I can say to that, the fact that you can outnumber somebody and use that against them is just a part of the game. If you want to play using bad strategy then thats fine by me.

DeletedUser14283

Well i'm finding it quite fun again actually.

Forgetting all the pacts and everything else, im just enjoying clearing peoples cities and having a laugh like before :D

Besides, more things could be around the corner. I've found you never really know when it comes to Grepo, it always seems to have a surprise lol

DeletedUser12667

Numbers and diplomacy are both valid tools, you argue that we not use them precisely because they are effective? Riiiiiight. :cool: Dont get me wrong, I realize how it can be exciting to be the underdog in a fight, but that doesnt mean I'm gonna go out of my way to be one.

Fool is all I can say to that, the fact that you can outnumber somebody and use that against them is just a part of the game. If you want to play using bad strategy then thats fine by me.

Yes numbers and diplomacy are tools of the game. I say I dont like PACT's because it is like taking 10 basketball players on a court on 1 team and only 5 on the other team. It is the same thing as 2 alliances(or more) against one. If using numbers as an advantage is so great then why does Inno bother with an alliance cap? And no diplo is not a bad strategy, it just requires players who can play a strategy game using strategy instead of mass force which requires no strategy other than size.

But it seems that diplo is a topic with a no win scenario. There are those who are for it and those who are against it. And both sides think they are right. It is great to win, but it is more fun to win when it is a challange, otherwise you may as well just go around founding cities and taking ghosts. So I say use you diplo all you want, but do you truly appreciate any victory you have? You may be glad you won, but was it one of those wins where you are just overjoyed?

DeletedUser16292

I definitely think a win is worth more when your outnumbered and outgunned, I just dont agree with purposefully ignoring diplomacy for the sake of getting yourself in that position. I think its cooler if that kind of situation occurs naturally.

DeletedUser10984

All these alliances with multiple wings are what disgust me. I mean by the time worlds are coming to an end alliances have 3-4 wings a piece. :pro: people let's play within the alliance caps.

DeletedUser

Styx has been behind the 8 ball the whole time. 1st we defeat ToT darlings of Belle. Top guys join EN/O... Pink Death falls at the hands of many alliances, remaining players join EN/O. Honey Badgers leadership (best players) were tired of carrying the load, they join EN/O.

We support GotA against EN/O, they turn around and pact with EN/O and attack us. At one time we were fighting #1,2 & 3. After playing def for a few straight weeks, we get in position to fire back and one of our biggest players joins EN after we saved his cities and gave him more in O45.

We launch an OP on GotA's best player and he joins EN. See a pattern here? Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of many EN players. I respect what they have accomplished....however, too many players take the easy way out when the fight gets brutal. Id rather play with the guy that loses several cities and continues the fight than a player looking to save his rump.

Emulating the Miami Heat or NY Yankees has its downfalls as well....boredom. EN/O has suffered through many inactives in result of having all the top players and pacted with other alliances. Yes most of the leadership quit due to difference of opinion, Im talking about the rank and file.

At this stage of the game, I feel what Styx has accomplished offensively and defensively with with we have to work with, has plenty to be proud of. I could say the same for the Norse and Legacy. With an extremely stacked deck in their favor, Im not sure how EN will find satisfaction anything short of world domination and even then its expected.

DeletedUser12667

I definitely think a win is worth more when your outnumbered and outgunned, I just dont agree with purposefully ignoring diplomacy for the sake of getting yourself in that position. I think its cooler if that kind of situation occurs naturally.

Well you know if all alliances would play without diplo then there would be no worries of unfair advantages. If an alliance had more members then that is one thing. But when you cheat the odds to increase the numbers of what Inno set then that imo is bullying the system. It is a shame, I see it on server after server. And every alliance who chooses to cheat the odds always has similar reasons as the ones you make. So as far as I am concerned, you can put icing and suger on a tart lemon, but you still have the lemon, it just has icing and sugar on it now. And if you have ever tried a lemon with sugar and icing you may find it as repulsive as I find the reasonings I am given for why alliances use diplomacy.

But go ahead and diplo any possible threat. You may grow and have fun taking cities from smaller alliances/players, but I will bet that it will end up with you having more ghost conquests than active players that give you a fight.

DeletedUser16292

If inno games cares that much about the alliance limit then let them enforce it, its not like they wouldnt be able to find out which alliances were breaking the system like EN and O

DeletedUser12667

Yea maybe so. It would be nice to see a non-morale world with PACT's disabled. But there would be those who find a way around it:(

Anyway, we can go back and forth for days on this. But I am bored with it so I am just gonna say enjoy your world of diplo. If you enjoy playing in an alliance that uses diplo then why go any other way. As the fact is this is a game, so play it on a level that makes it fun for you.