When a new world?

• Thread starter DeletedUser55208
  • Start date

dianices

Phrourach
the way i've experienced gaming is that there is no end game, just the next bite of content, the next achievement, the next title, the next collection....to me, end game is just whether you've done everything that there is possible to do, including discovering mechanics noone has learned yet.

console gamers look for an end, so they can move on to the next version in a series. mmo people, even hardcores, sure, they want to top those ranks, but they also want to know they have explored every last tiny inch of what a game has to offer.

its the same with life, i'm never satisfied even when i've done it ALL, i go back and do it all again!

Hmmm. Black dawn will be there. I remember about 4-5 years ago I was so thrilled to get that crown, but now.......
Actually I'm not worried about pacts or MRA's. I'm concerned those inactive players.
I'll promise you this. We won't be MRA.
To me personally, this should be a game of fun. That's so sad that you guys swearing and pointing fingers.
Yes. There will be players using gold and some of them use more than others.

It won't be easy world, but I think most of us likes hold on our own. Fair fight. Fair Play

Thank you

Ladies and Gents

DeletedUser41523

the way i've experienced gaming is that there is no end game, just the next bite of content, the next achievement, the next title, the next collection....to me, end game is just whether you've done everything that there is possible to do, including discovering mechanics noone has learned yet.

console gamers look for an end, so they can move on to the next version in a series. mmo people, even hardcores, sure, they want to top those ranks, but they also want to know they have explored every last tiny inch of what a game has to offer.

its the same with life, i'm never satisfied even when i've done it ALL, i go back and do it all again!

My best experience in game was when it was about being a part of or creating a powerful alliance rather than having a set end game. Wars lasted years, worlds were open years, and there wasn't a set world cap. Meaning that worlds got pretty big and relevant alliances existed out farther than just the core and sometimes the ring. It added a lot more dynamic to the world.

DeletedUser21774

Been waiting for a speed 1/2 conquest for quite a while. But can wait longer.

DeletedUser55208

A very long pull with the opening of the world. If there is a quick peace, but miracles will begin in the height of summer, during the holiday season, when many will not be up to the game. Developers think about it?
The most optimal time: the beginning in September, the beginning of October and miracles to summer, but not in the middle of summer.
It's not clear what you plan there ...

DeletedUser22115

A very long pull with the opening of the world. If there is a quick peace, but miracles will begin in the height of summer, during the holiday season, when many will not be up to the game. Developers think about it?
The most optimal time: the beginning in September, the beginning of October and miracles to summer, but not in the middle of summer.
It's not clear what you plan there ...
People request new servers all the time but it really doesn't matter as it takes little to no effect on the game developers. The moderators on the forums are not involved in developing the game as far as i am aware. There is no optimal time for this game....there are so many different types of people who play this game that some times are optimal for one group but not for another.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

It's actually been almost 2 months, which does make it one of the longer gaps between recent releases (en94-95 was almost 2 months, as was en99-100/101). Also, there are a number of players who are impatient because Inno hasn't released a fast [unit speed] revolt world since en89 Golgi, whereas conquest players have had a variety of settings bestowed upon them in that time. So the wait for the announcement of the settings may be a little stressful for that group of players as well.

DeletedUser55239

I'd be really happy to see en103 as I'm looking to play and start fresh, hope it comes out at least next month:D

DeletedUser55049

I keep it simple: I don't like the World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦World¦ concepts that exists. It's too much...like merchandising.

We are getting lured from one world into the next. I don't see why I should enjoy that as player. Rebuilding.Rebuilding.Rebuilding.Rebuilding.Rebuilding.Rebuilding.
No! I don't enjoy that.

I do support everyone who likes long-lasting worlds. Worlds that allow staying. Worlds that I can get really used to. Where I can build some memories. I like duration.

DeletedUser21774

Any word on when there will be a speed 1 or 2 conquest world without morale, for 100+ players? Better still any word on when the forum will be organized in such a way that it will be easier to know such things? Some of us are happy to remain on sabbatical until conditions are right.

I've been told that two of the best teams in grepolis, who have never played head to head in the same world are wondering, waiting, patiently for that match up.

DeletedUser32254

The only unfair part of this game is gold but even there its possible to trade it so everyone can have some. Ive seen some unbelievable gold use recently and there is no doubt that gold affects the power balance. However gold does not build ww and i have also seen some outstanding fighters who use little or none.

Maybe not so much gold spending as the trend of alliances concentrating big spenders.
Now certainly there is skill involved but when the top 2 or 3 A's are double, or more, the size of the next 5 in the first 3 weeks, or less....

And yes, there is always the possibility of grepo drama but in those A's we are seeing drama splitting major alliances less and less.
Toss in the trend for major alliances to avoid combat with each other until they have "picked" all the "low hanging fruit" and there you go.

For the most part the victor of a world can be predicted down to 2 alliances/pacts within the first 2 months. The rest might as well ghost out and move on to another world.

Random spawn would help but I don't think that Inno can fix this,, I believe that it will take a major shift in the attitudes of the majority of veteran players.
Is winning more important than playing? The game is what we make it, how do we want it to be?

DeletedUser21774

Can we know where precisely to look for new world info in this forum? Is it in the Acropolis? In some other folder or subfolder? I'm getting notes and pms. First every month, then every couple of weeks. Now I'm hearing daily and players are sending me their email addresses. It would be much easier to have that information in a common place that people look for it at.

Thank you.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
New worlds are and have always been announced in the announcements section of the forum which should appear right towards the top of the main page of the forum. The announcements contain the release date of the world and eventually contain the settings for the world. In the acropolis you will find the pre-world discussion thread but only after the announcement for a world is made, the pre-world threads get moved to the world specific forum after the world is opened. New worlds also have their own section farther down the page and are usually made closer to the release date of the world.

mirekm

Phrourach
Can we know where precisely to look for new world info in this forum? Is it in the Acropolis? In some other folder or subfolder? I'm getting notes and pms. First every month, then every couple of weeks. Now I'm hearing daily and players are sending me their email addresses. It would be much easier to have that information in a common place that people look for it at.

Thank you.

Yup, you must be really busy D. Sorry we keep you so busy. Hope we will get slow setting then we can join all this new coming world...
Cheers,

DeletedUser21774

Thanks for a response. I culled through the announcements.

Then I went to community discussion somewhere and posted ideas for revamping this forum. Edit: Make that Players Council Community section. It is so well organized that I cannot recall where I read what 3 minutes after posting. God bless those of you who have to read all these forum threads.

DeletedUser22115

Thanks for a response. I culled through the announcements.

Then I went to community discussion somewhere and posted ideas for revamping this forum. Edit: Make that Players Council Community section. It is so well organized that I cannot recall where I read what 3 minutes after posting. God bless those of you who have to read all these forum threads.
Not sure what the problem is to be honest. I think most/all forum sections are appropriately labelled. Utilizing the what's new feature also helps maneuver through new threads.

DeletedUser21774

Not sure what the problem is to be honest. I think most/all forum sections are appropriately labelled. Utilizing the what's new feature also helps maneuver through new threads.

My orientation is more in systems of information. Reading daily postings in chron order is akin to reading a Lucy Lovelorn column or my Great Great Uncle Wellington's letters in the chest in the attic. And for people who have very little time or brain orientation for such things, it is physically painful to do so.

If you have to look through the Great Uncles travel chest of papers every time you want to see how many shirts and ties he packed when he went to Barbados last year (because you want to travel there), but don't remember the date of the note, it will take a while. However, if you have a data table of travels, with a column (among other columns) of clothing packed, you need only reference the table, whether you travelled there last week or 3 years ago. Further, your travels to any country could be there.

Now, I could, as you suggest, spare myself the absolute misery of culling through that maze (or in your words, the appropriately labelled forum) and reading pages 1 to infinity, but going through it ONCE, and creating tables of relevant information (including hyperlinks to the reference in the forum), then I could have the right information, on the right topic, at the right time at my fingertips. But then I would be doing the forum's work for it.

One of my fellow teammates already wrote a database tool to address missing utility in the game, but he tweaked it for months, had to store it somewhere, update it regularly, field complaints from all over, and it seriously drew down his energy for enjoying the game of grepolis. So why not have the people responsible for making the forum relevant and useful, make it ... "relevant and useful". Most of the infinity pages are complaints about just that.

Player - when is such and such going to happen.
Mod - asked and answered mate - READ THE FORUM.
Player - useful suggestion submitted.
Mods - Suggestion ALREADY MADE - READ THE FORUM.
Player - why is grepolis doing such and such?
Mods - READ THE FORUM
Player - so and so is cheating and I can prove it
Mods - READ THE FORUM so you know you cannot discuss this here
Player - But you didn't take into account...
Mods - READ THE FORUM
Player - but
[miffed] Mods - READ THE FORUM! [thread closed]

That's how a LOT of the forum seems to be often, and then there's the deleted parts that I cannot find anymore that poofed out of existence.

It's not that people don't want to read the forum. They will. When it is relevant and useful and does not cause anguish due to format. And the parts that are relevant and useful ARE being read.

So that's the long winded version of what didn't need to be said for most of us, but apparently needed elaboration for others. And if you didn't read this, or thought it was irrelevant, and still think the forum is abso-TOOT-ly loverly, then you have a very very small inkling, by reading this, what it must be like for those who are just wanting to find a bit of data, and instead have to read 300 narratives to locate it.

DeletedUser55806

my perfect settings:
Speed - 3-4;
Unit Speed - 3+;
Alliance Cap - 50;
Beginners Protection: 5 days;
Revolt; Morale - Inactive