Where did The Fallen fall?

• Thread starter DeletedUser43485
  • Start date

DeletedUser10962

To be fair we did try to get on skype but a lot of people signed up to it then never said anything in there. Ten, unit, miknel, zues and I were the main talkers. You can't force people to use it, but you know that's life. I've never regarded myself as an experienced leader so I guess we will just see how this new attempt goes. So far I think it's going ok but you never know

DeletedUser

The only selfish bit i witnessed djdom32. was when we lost those two big players, my first question when you reported it was why they leave and can we get them back, and then following remarks of claiming the cities. That angered me i must admit. The opp was dissapointing but the others went well, id say one hic up. When you did merge the best players of lords of anarchy into us, it was like 2 seperate allainces still. Like the different personalities clashed i thought, felt as if many of you didnt like canis2 lol.
When you say players were trying to take big cities im assuming your talking about the thing with son of horus, where it lasted around 2-3 weeks. Players who claimed were from the lords of anarchy (canis2 and pjo2191) just trying to take out a bigger bite than they could chew yes, but surely one of the leaders should have told them how it is, rather go for it or leave it. The amount of times I mentioned to atleast get a spy report first didnt seem to sink in before attacking, some did waste alot of silver. Where you also disagreed i think zeus happened to offer to help so it motivated them. So CS were lost from those players, for some reason he used one as a decoy. So yes wasted where they could have benefited elsewhere, i take it thats what you ment by the time we lost a number of CS. because the only other times i can think of where we lost some was the opp... again a hic up and maybe necromongers where they sniped so... well played. If you take out the last opp and pretend it didnt happen there cant be many occurances where no support was sent to a claim, majority of the time big players posted to not send as we have enough. Even when we did support we had such high numbers the enemy was stupid to try and attack us and so they didnt, so thats the lack of bp right there. Its hard to understand what you guys were expecting, had alot of new players and still probably needed a little time to figure out which players were going to stay or quit the game world as we were having ghosts atleast one every week. Yes a couple were big players and big losses but can always recruit another.
If we had an actual war to fight I think things would have been different and a little more exciting, instead of fighting between one another but the main problem was the personality clashes a number of you guys had, remember its a game and stop with the ego's unless you are a billionaire playboy philanthropist then fair play :) good luck though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

Nah, I lost 2 CSs myself because nobody would support me long before that fateful op. If you didn't see selfish play, you weren't looking, I'm afraid.

DeletedUser

depends if it was before i was there, im sure there are probably more. did you lose it because of sniping though?

DeletedUser46395

Nope, simply the sort of counter-attacks we should have been more than able to resist.
One was indeed before you were there, the other more recent. Look, I've been around long enough not to get too upset about loss of a CS, it happens, and if it's through good play, good luck to the defenders, they deserve it. But if it's by poor teamwork by my own side, it's a bit different, and after it happened twice, I didn't feel like there was a team any more. I repeat, not everyone was selfish, and I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, because I just don't think it was any one person's fault, or the fault of the leadership - it was a kind of communal madness. I've seen all sorts of reasons for alliances to go pop, I've been to blame for at least one through poor leadership early in my Grepo career, but this is probably the first one where I've not been able to blame any one person, decision or event for the collapse. Sure, there were plenty of factors, and yes, there certainly were some clashes, but they weren't what brought the thing down. I'm only echoing what Zues said, and I think he was absolutely right.

Funny thing is that if exactly the same players got back together for another go, as long as we all could speak to each other, I bet it would work; I think there are enough who would take a different approach to working together to get everyone doing it - we all believed it was our right to succeed, all of us, whereas now I think we would have the desire to succeed and make it happen.

DeletedUser32412

:pro: it wouldnt be grepolis if it wasnt full of Butter Scotch

I think you did the right thing guys by forming .aka

Long term you rid yourselves of a team that would ultimately have left you all frustrated and quitting out like Zues whats his face..I think what you guys did showed strength of character by taking decisive action. Key to grepolis and for those who are actually playing with long term ambitions is finding like minded team mates.

Short term for you guys now is about surviving, consolidating and finding those like minded players..

DeletedUser

Hey Zues! I have to confirm what Zues has said. I was fairly new to "The Fallen" when this happened. I was totally shocked by it as I never saw the leadership fighting til after the breakup took place.

I can say that Zues left first. Then djdom32 and his entire crew left. Then I went to bed and woke up as the only remaining member of an alliance. So I disbanded it and went after my friends - Sorry Zues.