Pnp Which Alliance is the Biggest MRA in Ephesus?

Which Alliance is the Biggest MRA

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Nothing personal against charit.arora (since I hear he seems to be rather polite to my players), but I find it weird that he is implying that using premium features (that require gold bought with real money) as something bad.

I'm not sure if he realizes that anyone can see that he must have used a significant amount of gold himself in order to be at his current status. Simply put his Attack BP and Defense BP is fairly low for the amount of cities he has (total 224387). And if your like me and pay attention to peoples ABP and DBP gains, almost half of those points were gained in the past month.

I have a total of 358123 (ABP+DBP) and not even close to being able to have 41 cities (note I also run festivals several times a week to be able to earn extra CP).

The only way I see charit.arora having so many city slots is that he spends a lot of gold running Olympic games in his cities on top of festivals. So seems weird he would complain about others using gold.

I use gold, I think you kind of have to to get into the upper ranks. If you have the money and you enjoy playing this game, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Just my 2 cents, not that it's very important.

He probably runs a lot of Festivals and Theaters.

You cannot just infer he runs Olympic games.

DeletedUser

Of course we can infer. It's a forum. And we're going on the most possible likelihood based on the amount of cities he has, compared to his BP.
and have a look at the rankings in archery. Our pal is top of the table. The only way he could get there is if he used gold to take more turns then anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He probably runs a lot of Festivals and Theaters.

You cannot just infer he runs Olympic games.

Inferring he ran primarily festivals and plays is almost laughable. For a variety of reasons.

1. Almost all his cities are 13k+ meaning he spent the resources to completely build up each city.
2. Festivals and Plays still require a significant amount of resources and time, even if you aren't building up your cities, creating armies, or increasing your farming village levels. (which I highly doubt charit.arora was not doing)
3. chariot.arora has continuously gained in his point score with only limited (almost non-existent) gains in ABP/DBP outside of the last month.
4. Each city slot requires more CP than the previous one and he is now at 41 cities not including any free slots he has with one of the lowest ABP/DBP scores of the top fighters for the points he has in Ephesus.

Logical conclusion is he earned CP elsewhere. The only other place he could earn them is through Olympic Games=A lot of Gold spent.

Again, I don't think that using gold is a bad thing, as I use it too. I just found it odd that charit.aurora seemed to imply it was a bad thing when I'm fairly certain he uses a fair amount of gold himself.

I also find it rather naive of wavebreaker to think that the #1 point player in Ephesus with less then half of the fghter score of the #1 fighter didn't use olympic games in order to accumulate the relatively large amount of CP required to have 41 cities.

DeletedUser30211

Inferring he ran primarily festivals and plays is almost laughable. For a variety of reasons.

1. Almost all his cities are 13k+ meaning he spent the resources to completely build up each city.
2. Festivals and Plays still require a significant amount of resources and time, even if you aren't building up your cities, creating armies, or increasing your farming village levels. (which I highly doubt charit.arora was not doing)
3. chariot.arora has continuously gained in his point score with only limited (almost non-existent) gains in ABP/DBP outside of the last month.
4. Each city slot requires more CP than the previous one and he is now at 41 cities not including any free slots he has with one of the lowest ABP/DBP scores of the top fighters for the points he has in Ephesus.

Logical conclusion is he earned CP elsewhere. The only other place he could earn them is through Olympic Games=A lot of Gold spent.

brodduggan ... use of premium features gives a limited advantage ... thats what what i am talking about.
Refer to bigbucky's stats from 2 weeks ago ... 140k DBP in one day. Most of it because he used up 50k gold on the grepo bug which allowed him to get his wall to level 43+ in each of his cities for a period of 48 hours (12 hour spell into 4 into min 5 cities) .... Thats not honourably in any way. Not to mention the DW view of preaching 'we're the best because we're the oldest, we're the best because blah blah blah'. To me, they are just full of themselves. All i will say is, give due respect to your enemies ... there is a long way to go yet.

I have no objection to other premium features ... they are useful ... and the answer to your question, i've used my share of olympics(as have a few players .. but that gets old very quickly) ... I was also out of action for 6 weeks in june/july ... during which all i did was build up my cities and run city festivals. Besides ... city festivals are more economical anyway for running culture points ... cheapest in terms of resources when you do the math. And i am particular about what point cities i take ... I still prefer city festivals ...

ABP/DBP stats are built over time, not overnight ... Moving into weakly defended cities (easy to find ... doesn't require much BP). I am sure you've seen from last week .. :p (no offence intended).

Where are you nowdays anyways? i've been waiting for you to attack us :p .. with the rightfully earned attack bonus :) Damn .. 20% bonus (and your LS fleet) scares me ;)

DeletedUser

charit.arora, I agree that exploiting that "Bug" was a bit unsportsmanlike, but that's Innogames fault.

Just a side note, I find it odd that I kind of remember the same "Bug" present during the easter bonus and suddenly a couple days later it was "fixed"... Maybe just a little overly suspicious but seems like a way to get people to spend a lot of gold in a few days by Innogames and get them sucked into these special events.

And I am attacking, just not you at the moment :). Was sick past few days :( so wasn't doing much, but I'll make sure to get a few nice 20% bonus attacks in before the end :D.

DeletedUser30211

Of course we can infer. It's a forum. And we're going on the most possible likelihood based on the amount of cities he has, compared to his BP.
and have a look at the rankings in archery. Our pal is top of the table. The only way he could get there is if he used gold to take more turns then anyone else.
Take more turns? The more times you play, the lower your score. There is a negative modifier. You're just cranky because you're no good at this game ... in anything ... except maybe mouthing off ... Guess that must be your strong skill ...
I really have no idea which world you're living in. It looks like you spend a lot of time yapping and little time playing the game ... well .. to each his own ... i prefer to enrich my life talking to someone who makes sense ... this will be my last post to you Setanta ...

DeletedUser30211

Still and I have dealt with Farmvillers on other worlds.
Looks like you've learnt from the best then ... ?

Apologies jmkdunwoody ... i mean no disrespect
But you left yourself open with that .... couldn't resist with that sly remark ... :)

DeletedUser

Take more turns? The more times you play, the lower your score. There is a negative modifier. You're just cranky because you're no good at this game ... in anything ... except maybe mouthing off ... Guess that must be your strong skill ...
I really have no idea which world you're living in. It looks like you spend a lot of time yapping and little time playing the game ... well .. to each his own ... i prefer to enrich my life talking to someone who makes sense ... this will be my last post to you Setanta ...
So as I predicted you cannot respond in any substantive way because you were talking nonsense all along and you cannot argue with the stats.

It was you that came on here having a pop at Dire Wolves. I just responded and used links and stats to show that you were wrong.

But you've said you'll talk again in 4 weeks already so I'l eagerly await your post then.

Petrilo

Phrourach
Just a side note, I find it odd that I kind of remember the same "Bug" present during the easter bonus and suddenly a couple days later it was "fixed"... Maybe just a little overly suspicious but seems like a way to get people to spend a lot of gold in a few days by Innogames and get them sucked into these special events.

Innogames is one of the most greediest company i have ever had any dealings. I've said it before, they deserve money for their product and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but the way they do it, i will freely say it, is not far from robbery. People who invest their time get run over by people who use gold. People who use gold eat dust from people who use even more gold. You can unlimitedly abuse this game with gold. What's more, Inno is doing their best to allow that, as vivid as possible - no shame of course.

Equal terms, balance, and fair play are something without any game should not exist. Premium users have advantage, and not just some nice color skin, shortcuts, light from the Zeus eyes that just looks pretty ("Free to Play" games started like this) but the actual advantage of one player over the others that directly influence the outcome. The more gold the more advantage. No cap.

* The reason i'am still playing is because i hate to quit and would hate myself for leaving friends behind in the times of war.
* I use gold for commanders; used it on occasions for speeding up unit queue - yes, i consider myself cheater for that, but it's a cheaters game!

Petrilo

Phrourach
How is using gold cheating?

Because it gives you advantage you could not gain by yourself (your effort, skill, smarts...). Just because developers wants to make money of it it doesn't mean it's not a cheat!

I'll quote wiki:

Cheating in video games involves a video game player using non-standard methods for creating an advantage beyond normal gameplay, usually to make the game easier. Cheats sometimes may take the form of "secrets" placed by game developers themselves

For example, if a developer of some multiplayer shooter decide to make available "aim" script for a certain fee, and insert in it's rules that it is a premium future and therefore legal, my friend when it comes down to you versus me it would still be cheating.

People who come to play grepo, which advertise it's self as F2P, can't get for example 20% captain bonus in no other way other than paying for it and unlocking it. You can't earn it in no way but it gives you advantage beyond normal gameplay. Gold is a cheat, approved by the developers, placed in the rules but still a cheat.

Now ask yourself, why are you ships stronger than a player who plays exactly the same as you, done everything you have done, maybe he is even more skillful than you, doesn't matter, because you have unlocked the cheat, he didn't. Another player went beyond you two, he used the cheat to cut the recruitment queue. Developers give unfair unlimited advantage to premium users.

I understand this is all offtopic, but i'll use any chance to point out how unfair this game is. I did not start the discussion, but while it's on i'll say what i have.

edit: With this events like Grepolympia and Easter event before developers basically allow everything to be gained by using gold: further bonuses, resources, favor...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There seems to be much discussion about my playing habits, and i must admit im a but flattered. Let me say yes, i use gold. I play this game to relax and enjoy my free time and i dont feel bad about paying for some perks. Now that that is cleared up, let me address some other things. People talk about what happened when 3ternal attacked me like i bought my way out of that. I did spend some gold, but not 50k. That i must say is an absurd number. Second, the glitch with the wall, did happen, but i had nothing to do with that. I was a guy who had about 10 cs incoming on several of my cities, and i bought the defense booster in the shop. I think anyone would have done exactly the same thing, the fact that the wall got bumped up was a game thing, not some willful cheat. I think that 3ternal or what ever your alliance goes by now was upset that a single player was targeted by your entire alliance and you only barely managed to take 2 of my cities. 140k bp over 2 days and i lost 2 cities. Each of my cities cost your alliance 70k bp to take. I think that stat speaks for itself.

If their are anymore questions or concerns about how i play, how much i spend on gold, or my favorite books and foods, please feel free to ask. Im here for you.

DeletedUser

Because it gives you advantage you could not gain by yourself (your effort, skill, smarts...). Just because developers wants to make money of it it doesn't mean it's not a cheat!

I'll quote wiki:

For example, if a developer of some multiplayer shooter decide to make available "aim" script for a certain fee, and insert in it's rules that it is a premium future and therefore legal, my friend when it comes down to you versus me it would still be cheating.

People who come to play grepo, which advertise it's self as F2P, can't get for example 20% captain bonus in no other way other than paying for it and unlocking it. You can't earn it in no way but it gives you advantage beyond normal gameplay. Gold is a cheat, approved by the developers, placed in the rules but still a cheat.

Now ask yourself, why are you ships stronger than a player who plays exactly the same as you, done everything you have done, maybe he is even more skillful than you, doesn't matter, because you have unlocked the cheat, he didn't. Another player went beyond you two, he used the cheat to cut the recruitment queue. Developers give unfair unlimited advantage to premium users.

I understand this is all offtopic, but i'll use any chance to point out how unfair this game is. I did not start the discussion, but while it's on i'll say what i have.

edit: With this events like Grepolympia and Easter event before developers basically allow everything to be gained by using gold: further bonuses, resources, favor...

i understand your point and see what you are getting at, but i think the basic distinction is that cheating implies an unfair advantage gained in some underhanded manor. I disagree that gold is cheating since it is an option available to everyone, to be used or not, at their own discretion. You can choose not to, but i feel it unfair to demonize those who choose differently. Two approaches, both valid. You could spend thousands of dollars on gold and buy all you want in the game, but if you arent a good player, you wont do well, you will just have an easier time building up all you will lose.