Which city under attack?

Abbacus

Phrourach
I have just come under attack recently and have found that without the Administrator I have no way of knowing which city the attack is for. Is this just me not looking in the right place or is it some attempt to get me to buy some gold?

Last edited:

Abbacus

Phrourach
I have just noticed you have to go to troop movement then click on the attack to bring the info window up. this can be deleted.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Sorry no (It must now seem like i am spamming but I am not. Sorry for allt he posts but I keep finding new stuff). I could only do that when I had support going out of the city now again I have now ay of finding out. If I hadn't got the troop movement bar active I would never have known

DeletedUser

You're probably just missing it. If you tell me what world it is in I can investigate it for you and make sure everything is working as it is meant to.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Its on world zeta. i am abbacus in game as well.
Probably missed it but nice to get it checked.

Thanks

DeletedUser

Well, it's difficult to tell if you don't have any incomings lol. I'm sure it was just a matter of missing it as can be the case with many cities as there hasn't been any other reports of such behaviour except the occasional graphical bug where the indicator 'flashes'.

If you mouseover the troop movement icon you will see everything that is coming and going. Furthermore, a red number will appear if you have attacks inbound to the currently selected city. If the crossed-swords are flashing then you have an attack somewhere.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Not having this exact problem again but I ave noticed that there is no universal attack indicator like in grepolis 1.0 In the top left it had the attack sign and the amount of incoming attacks. It obviously is not there in grepo 2.0 or is it as I dont have premium so someone with premium are you able to tell me if you get an attack counter in every city that has the overall number of attacks heading your way rather than one in each city for only that city. Because now I am in a war with another player I have to just keep scrolling through cities to see which ones are under attack.

DeletedUser

There is a universal attack indicator. The two crossed and hollow sword icon in the top left, next to your city name, becomes filled and flashes red.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Aha. There it is. Dont see how I didn't notice it. Thanks for telling me. Just nknew I would have missed it. If I start looking for something I look really closely and never notice the obvious places.

DeletedUser

There is a universal attack indicator. The two crossed and hollow sword icon in the top left, next to your city name, becomes filled and flashes red.
But this don't tell you that to which city an attack is coming :Angry:

DeletedUser

True, but it is the best way to know you've got an incoming. This is where the Command Overview (available from the Administrator premium) is invaluable when you own many cities.

Abbacus

Phrourach
So is the Command Overview the one with all troop movements and I take it, it shows the incoming attacks and to which city as well? Wouldn't be too much money so might go for it. After all with 41 cities it may be time!

DeletedUser

Yeah that's the one. I find it a must, as it allows you to quickly react to attacks (reporting to alliance, casting spells) and the ability to see where all the attacks are landing at a glance and the times they land is invaluable. It is also very useful offensively, because you can see all your attacks, their targets, the troops in the attack and the landing times. The Command Overview is also great for sniping and timing since you can attack a city by clicking it from the overview directly, instead of having to search it with coordinates or on the rankings.

DeletedUser

Unlike other browser games, the gold purchases actually do provide worthwhile benefits besides generating revenue for InnoGames.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Certainly appear to. Like it how you get unlimited amount of usage of a helpful feature for two weeks rather than extras just like spells.