Discussion Which gods to worship for your first few cities

DeletedUser

Hi, just was wondering what more experienced players recommended when it comes to selecting a god for your 1st city once your ready to start being more aggressive, and then for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th city.

I've come across a few different threads where people have suggested one god per city ex. 1st city-Poseidon, 2nd, zeus, 3rd Hera, 4th Hades, 5th Athena. Those choices were random but I'm also wondering if it's good to set-up a pattern and stick with it, or if people just stick to a 2-3 gods and rotate between them.

I started with Hera and then used Athena for patroness and I'm looking to change my god one last time and make this my more "permanent" god for my 1st city and then go from there so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dcaf

DeletedUser

Hera should be your permanent God for your first city. She delivers resources and accelerates training process for units, as well as resources production time. She, for me is always the first God to use. This below excludes Artemis.

1st-Hera
2nd-Athena
3rd-Poseidon
4th-Zeus
5th-Hades

DeletedUser

So from what I've read Athena is a more defensive orientated is that why you recommend her for 2nd city?

DeletedUser

So from what I've read Athena is a more defensive orientated is that why you recommend her for 2nd city?

Athena is defensive, but Hera is more important as a first city God. That is why i put it that way.

DeletedUser

I like to switch to Poseidon in my first city after using up the Hera favor from the tutorial quests. This helps you with building your first CS quickly, and also give you the best resource to favor ratio with the kingly gift spell. It also allows you to cast seastorm on any incoming CS's :)

After that I generally do Athena, Hera, Zeus, Hades in that order.

DeletedUser11965

1st-Hera
2nd-Poseidon
3rd-Zeus
4th-Athena
5th-hades