Which world is more popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5

So, if you were to ask which of the two worlds would be more popular before they started, the answer would have been easy for me. I would have said that the speed 2 world would have been more successful, since it's what most people wanted during my time as a moderator/community manager. Now, if you were to look at the forum statistics, they ring clear of what my answer would have been, that the speed 2 world is more popular. You can see this in the forum overviews picture below.

bO777.png

Something interesting however, as you can see from the two images below, is that you can see that far more people have joined the speed 1 world, and that not many have joined the speed 2 world at all.

JeArU.png

ktKHu.png

fuKzq.png

These above stats have been taken from http://www.athenasrecords.net/data/#/worldstatus, and further highlight the fact that en40 seems to be a lot less popular than en39. Almost 4 times as many people are playing en39, and over 3 times as many towns... It definitely raises the question of why en39 is so much more popular.

Just an interesting observation I made, I'm going to settle back into the woodwork now :)

However, with this observation out there on the table, I have to ask why the en39 forum is so damn quiet... Get it together guys, there must be something interesting to talk about on this world by now, surely?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28686

the en39 forum is quiet, i think because BP runs out on Monday, so its all about building and nothing else.

DeletedUser5

Yes, perhaps that's the reason, however, with 4 times as many players as en40, you'd think that the forum would be a bit busier than it is. en40 has managed 3 times as many threads as en39. That's a massive 13.6 threads per thousand players (30 threads / 2.2 (thousand) players) for en40, compared to 1.03 threads per thousand players (9 threads / 8.7 (thousand) players) for en39.

Yes, before someone says, it might be down to quality of threads, rather than quantity, but there definitely isn't quality here yet ;)

DeletedUser

There is a simple answer to your question

Since Pella is a non-morale world less people will join it but those less people are the ones who have already played other world in past and are experienced and are settled in forums too;so definitely I expect more PnPs and chit chats here than Olympia .

While Olympia is a slow world,the thing which takes a day to happen in Pella will happen here in 2 days,also since it is a morale world so definitely it will have more newbies and most of them won't be interested in using external forums I think.

DeletedUser25607

It's already 2,5 days as the world has been opened. And what we can see in Olympia?

11575 players in total
8563 players have at least 175 points (all below are 0 cities, 0 points "ghosts")

We could expect that mediocre active player has at least 300 points now. And how many such a players?

So not a big difference with en40 probably.

DeletedUser5

It's already 2,5 days as the world has been opened. And what we can see in Olympia?

11575 players in total
8563 players have at least 175 points (all below are 0 cities, 0 points "ghosts")

We could expect that mediocre active player has at least 300 points now. And how many such a players?

So not a big difference with en40 probably.

A fair point, I hadn't looked into the number of players with a certain number of points.

However, you have to remember that en40 is a speed 2 world, and so everything happens at twice the speed.

So comparing the number of players above a certain points value isn't really a fair way to compare the two worlds.

If you choose the number of players above 300 points, it's 1734:1769 (en39:en40)

However, the highest number of points are as follows 765:1480 (en39:en40)

So, since things happen twice as quickly, it would only be fair to choose double the amount of points for the speed 2 world, and therefore compare the number of players with 300 points (en39) to the number of players with 600 points (en40).

That would be as follows: 1734:558.

Again, just statistics, they can be manipulated in any way to show anything that you want to show.

I still think it's fair to say that en39 is more popular than en40.

DeletedUser

Its because Olympia is the recommended world, since it technically came out before Pella. So every new player joins Olympia before any new ones will join Pella.

DeletedUser

I think posiden1239 hit the nail on the head. I made an alias for Pella, as I want a slow world with fairly non-competitive settings to retire too once World Tau's world wonders are finished. The settings don't get more non-competetive than Olympia, and when I created my account Olympia was indeed the recommended world.

Edit: I would like to add though that I think Olympia will have a better stick rate than Pella, mostly because of the casual friendly settings.

I keep saying its going to be casual, I'll laugh when it turns out to be more cut-throat than my current world, and thats saying something

Status
Not open for further replies.