Which worlds are full

DeletedUser

A worry of mine for some time has been the fact that a lot of the old worlds are going inactive. Rim alliances growing big and battling the remaining core alliances sometimes helps this a lot. However, I have seen several mentions of new players not being able to join existing worlds due to them being full.

So, I'm wondering, what determines when a worls is full? I realize that there is regular maintenance that removes ghost towns that might fill up the worlds. However, I've heard of people who were not able to join Phi because it was full, but it only has 71K cities and 10K players, which is low, compared to some other servers. I have heard about some players wanting to join existing worlds, instead of just joining new ones, but not being able to because the older worlds were full. Which is quite a shame, because without new blood, the numbers of active players will keep dwindling ...

DeletedUser

the player limit is dependant on the world speed as far as i know, so faster worlds hold less players. further than that i really couldn't say :S

DeletedUser4013

The faster the world speed the fewer players are able to join it. I don't know the exact numbers for this, but that is the reason why some worlds can't be joined later on.

DeletedUser

That hardly makes sense, though, Tyrion. There must be other calculations involved. Either something that creates a bias against joining older worlds or a max. on cities as well. Phi has 10K players, but Psi has 39K players. Phi has more cities, though, so it might be a max to cities as well. Other speed 2 worlds have way more cities, though, so it would have to be the amount of cities in relation to the amount of players, which I don't really see the point of.

DeletedUser

Alpha, for example, has so many cities that no more cities can fit
showmap.php
you can clearly see that no more people can fit.
showmap.php
Pi (the 16th world), has little cities.
showmap.php
Upsilon (the 20th world) has more than Pi, this might be that the experienced liked the Upsilon settings better than the ones in Pi

DeletedUser5

That hardly makes sense, though, Tyrion. There must be other calculations involved. Either something that creates a bias against joining older worlds or a max. on cities as well. Phi has 10K players, but Psi has 39K players. Phi has more cities, though, so it might be a max to cities as well. Other speed 2 worlds have way more cities, though, so it would have to be the amount of cities in relation to the amount of players, which I don't really see the point of.

It is done purely on players.

DeletedUser345

Upsilon (the 20th world) has more than Pi, this might be that the experienced liked the Upsilon settings better than the ones in Pi

More likely more new players joined it, the settings are bad for experienced players.

DeletedUser

that means that the people that were between have quit
nah, then the islands inbetween would be active even if there were only ghosts. that happens coz people colonise as far away as possible, so when people start in that area they'll already have big-ish cities. basically sneaky noobs (or clever noobs, depending how you look at it) trying to gain some kind of advantage over the others coz they can't compete with other noobs on an equal footing :p

DeletedUser12512

nah, then the islands inbetween would be active even if there were only ghosts. that happens coz people colonise as far away as possible, so when people start in that area they'll already have big-ish cities. basically sneaky noobs (or clever noobs, depending how you look at it) trying to gain some kind of advantage over the others coz they can't compete with other noobs on an equal footing :p

lol +rep