Who is the most effective Gold-er playing

DeletedUser

In the spirit of the "Who is the Biggest Gold-er playing" topic. Topic seemed derailed or dead so here's a branch off :).

Personally no idea since I have no idea who's gold-ing except what was discussed in the aforementioned parent topic. To generate further possible discussion, the word effective can be interpreted however desired. e.g. most effective in advancing BP/city points/annoying the hell out of other people/etc.

I'd say from the forums that AmmonJerro has been highly effective in using his gold to annoy the hell out of all the active players in Thebes.

DeletedUser

Emm, I'd say The Lucky Man. Some seem to be annoyed with the fact that he's been buying his culture levels. But, I suppose he's using gold wisely to be able to expand this fast, instead of just speeding up everything.

No, people are not at Ammon for using gold. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using gold, you guys don't want Inno to run out of business do you? I imagine they're at him for abandoning his own allies, in their time of need. At least his own allies are. And for the others, they just wanted a better show.

DeletedUser34939

What's tuff about this thread is that you have to assume someone's gold use in order to rank them as opposed to the biggest gold user concept in which all you need to do is compare BP to total size to see if a player is paying for their slots.

That said, how do you define an effective gold user when you can't be 100% certain they use gold or if so how much?

DeletedUser

it's conjecture not a science, mostly for gossip and to alleviate some boredom :p

DeletedUser

For me personally. First city yea use gold, get a head start. Get a few city slot under your belt once academy is 30 and go from there

Ive pretty much stopped using it now over 10 cities as you get enough favor to use call of the oceans, pop growths and the newquests are handy for speedy troops production. The res isnt gained fast enough to effectively use a ton of gold and its impossible to do 5 minute demands over 10 cities

So thats my idea, gold to get a head start, then pretty much stop using it altogether

DeletedUser

To add you on Fwmarta, then it's all good when you use the premium features but not cutting times. It becomes necessary to administer many cities :)

DeletedUser

Agreed.

I bought 2 months worth when I started though lol