Who wants a laugh

The GM

Phrourach
All the best to you and your grandfather Archie. Your right, in the end contrary to some, it is just a game.

DeletedUser48096

That is completely understandable Arch, I wish all the best to yourself and family at what must be a difficult time for you all.

This is not a subject for PnP and is off limits in my eyes.

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
Thanks guys, I do appreciate it, perhaps all the more so since we have not always been kind with one another. Also thanks to the anonymous person who left me a +rep and AoC for the message.

Unfortunately my grandfather took a turn for the worse last night and passed away at about 8:10 p.m.. I thought he seemed a bit more stabilized than he had been previously, just sleeping much more than he had been, but his numbers started dropping very quickly toward the end, there wasn't even time to call everyone down. It turned out that it happened during my watch. We aren't a big family (I'm the only grandchild on that side) but we tried to have someone there at all times. This is the second death I've witnessed this year; the first one was his/our cat, but that was traumatic in its own right since I don't know if things didn't go right but the term "putting to sleep" definitely was not the case there, visually anyway. At least for my grandfather, it appeared he passed peacefully in his sleep. After all his recent suffering, which was a lot, there is some comfort in that. But it cuts me up to have seen a tear which had rolled down his cheek and his one eye being watery at the time of his death.

Picking up the pieces will be difficult going forward as my grandmother is still alive, so the hardest part has just begun I guess.

DeletedUser48096

Death isnt something you ever get used to, I have lost my father and both grandparents on my fathers side within my life. All of them died peacefully but it never got any easier. Iam not going to pretend that it has hardened me to the experience of losing a loved one or anything like that since each one meant something differnt to me personally. My advice would be to simply remember the good times and hold them dear to you. Don't be afraid to talk about them and don't be afraid to share your emotions about those experiences.

The only way we as people move on from these experiences is to physicially mourn them. So don't bottle it up and take all the time you need.

The GM

Phrourach
Arch, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Brings back memories of when my Grandfather passed away. I was unlucky to lose my GF (grandfather) when I was 13 years old and still too young to ever of cherised the moments as adults sitting down and having a real chat. I use to spend every school holidays 5hrs north of where I lived kicking a rugby ball on my grandparents property,with my GF looking on, or bowling to myself in the cricket nets looking straight across to his nod of approval. I am taking it that your loss has occurred later on in your life and for this you should feel incredibly proud that you have longer lasting memories.

Your Grandmother will need you more than ever now, I know mine did, God bless her soul. It is impossible for us younger generations to imagine what it would be like to lose someone who they have spent so many years together with. Family is everything, as the years go by, memories are what we will all take to the grave.

Last edited:

DeletedUser48308

so sorry for your loss, Archi. mines condolences to you and yours. always best wishes.

DeletedUser45577

Arch, very sorry for your loss. My condolences seem trite but are heartfelt. All the best to you, yours and especially your grandmother at this time. As you said, some things are more important than a game. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family but extra love is directed at your grandma.
Remember the good and forget the bad. Cheers to you Arch and to all your family.

Archidiamedes

Phrourach
Just wanted to say a quick thank you to you all, your thoughts and wishes are appreciated. I will write some more on the externals in a few days. :)