Why are leaders of alliance generally quite small ?

DeletedUser

I can't help but notice that leaders and founders of alliances tend to be smaller members with quite larger successful alliances with good size players with many cities being lead by a player with 2000 points and 1 city. Is there a reason behind this ?

DeletedUser

I personally spend more time moderating and leading than building.

DeletedUser16696

What about me?

I am a founder, but have 5 cities (6 slots total)

DeletedUser38652

I personally spend more time moderating and leading than building.

Same for me. I spent more time sending out resources than building in Nicaea. I wanted them to grow and protect themselves so that I could finally think about myself.. But it was to late..

You can check the stats.. How my rank dropped from top 10 to top 500

DeletedUser31161

many alliance (the good ones) usually have one lead from the front and one from the back. most times the big soldiers like to be just the big soldiers and don't like being caught up with the politics so they dont want leadership rights

DeletedUser

many alliance (the good ones) usually have one lead from the front and one from the back. most times the big soldiers like to be just the big soldiers and don't like being caught up with the politics so they dont want leadership rights

This is true. Big guns are for fighting, so use people to their strengths.

DeletedUser31639

I was about to say: "Oh look! A can of worms! Let me just set this 10-foot-pole down..."

But what the leaders have posted here actually makes sense. It's one of the reasons why I'm solo at the moment. I like to be a leader, but I also like not having competing priorities. This is one reason why I'm a one-man-alliance for now.

DeletedUser31161

Lol we actually said something right in specop's eyes! Yay that was high on our list! Just ignore what tres says hes not one of the big leaders :p

DeletedUser

I can't help but notice that leaders and founders of alliances tend to be smaller members with quite larger successful alliances with good size players with many cities being lead by a player with 2000 points and 1 city. Is there a reason behind this ?

=) Well easy... cause they are usually more about "talking" than "doing" =))))

DeletedUser

All Leaders are different, some have small others multiple cities, the mark of a good leader only time tells, they are the ones who build a core of loyalty, that, given the chance to expand grows into a large successful Alliance.

DeletedUser

i agree with u.. this is best for the alliance .. unless u have superactive leaders who can do both.. :D :D

but yeah atleast one leader should be the one to lead from the front.. this helps in recruitment and also make other players of the alliance comfortable that our leader is there to watch our back even if we fail.. thats why leaders must have very good temperament. not only leading in abp u must must be god at chats..and be interactive with all the alliance mates

DeletedUser40467

I kinda disagree with you here although some are small take my alliance DoF has 3 leaders two of them are 3-5k and then there is me who's 18k (I am by far the most active) it kinda depends on how you lead :)

DeletedUser33530

Leaders also have to be good at planning things. Thats why i cant lead.