Why Dread weapons HAVE WON marathon over Death fiber/Death fibers/S.O.D I,II,III etc

DeletedUser

Because no one has me in their alliance :p
Made you look hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your alliance is terrible lol. Full of noobs and refugees from Lion Heart plus you've recently been rejected by The Great Alliances... Ouch lol. PLUS you're surrounded by strong non-friendly alliances.... Good luck :)

DeletedUser

And your point being? luck has nothing to do with skill and intelligence.T.G.A wow we got booted cause a person moaned and qq,Right Steve? its all good i just forwarded his messages with how happy he is about dfs situation and of course that eclipse deal with traitors etc.Its all there for a good read if they choose.

I will give you some free advice.Opinions are like as.h.l.s everyone got one and sometimes it comes out the wrong end.Its a game im a world winner.Others are jealous. I play 4 worlds and we will win two of them.Ive seen world wonders stage and dont believe that hand holding and pacts will help you build your world wonder faster.

For a bunch of noobs,alot of people think and talk about us,even message us,we are like a book sure the start and middle are boring and you cant be bothered really reading it,but once you get to the end of the story you are captivated and amazed by the twists and turns and think wow what a awesome story.

Oh and the strong non friendly alliances,you mean DW,your 11 members cant really be classed as a dominate world power but hey I wont insult your alliance or compare our alliances bp . KK THX BYE.

DeletedUser

Deleted.....words in the desert sands. Ny worth posting.

DeletedUser

Its all about The Black Death baby! Dread Weapons are brought to their knees by us and Raise Your Rats will be next

DeletedUser

Its all about The Black Death baby! Dread Weapons are brought to their knees by us and Raise Your Rats will be next

Nobody gives a chit, as you are the last person to post in here for a while. This world is dead and not competeitve. I left the world, because its not interesting. Dreadfleet, RYW, Rouge Bullz are not half of what they use to be. People should just leave their alliances and start fresh to make things interesting again. A total alliance reset with a 10 cap limit would make things fun.

DeletedUser

JE, i did find you to be reasonably cool in game so why try to spoil another persons game experience saying their world is less than others?

Sure you quit, but that is a personal choice. Interesting dynamics are still at work, albeit slowly. My alliance forums are alive and active every hour with fun and interesting posts. We are not conceding anything yet though we have our share of people leaving too. Others have left the world realizing it was over for their team. All a choice.

DeletedUser19930

Yes, and I agree.
Its surprising how events changed when the alliances came together to defeat Dread Weapons and Raise Your Rats.
And now DW and RYR are not functioning the world has opened up to many possibilities.
And its very interesting when you step back and look at the world.
Experienced players have told me that many worlds have either one over dominant alliance or maybe two. This world now has 8 strong alliances, although GOW and TBD are very strong - there is many experienced players in the other alliances.
The ingame WW info says there is still 10 months before WWs can start. A lot can happen in that time.
In fact time enough for Jaggie Eggs to restart with 10 warriors each with 175 point city - and perhaps win the world in some outer hidden ocean.
:D

DeletedUser

Yes 10 months for WW but in reality will probably happen in 6-7 months as the point requirement is reduced each month.

Indeed, will be very interesting now that the giant MRA that DW had become has all but crumbled and RYR appears to be in the same boat. Although they still make for pretty good target practice, but not much more than that for the most part;)

DeletedUser

I don't know about anyone else, but I havent seen one world wonder started yet! So this game is far from won by anyone.

DeletedUser

I don't know about anyone else, but I havent seen one world wonder started yet! So this game is far from won by anyone.

Agreed. My guess right now is that TBD has the organization to win, with GOW the next most likely to break out (something I have thought since September). Both have declared war on us, breaking pacts then attacking without any notice, which is consistent with grepolis norms I understand. I guess it is a complement, but wish they would also engage with each other as the two largest teams. More interesting that way in my opinion.

Farewell !

DeletedUser

Agreed. My guess right now is that TBD has the organization to win, with GOW the next most likely to break out (something I have thought since September). Both have declared war on us, breaking pacts then attacking without any notice, which is consistent with grepolis norms I understand. I guess it is a complement, but wish they would also engage with each other as the two largest teams. More interesting that way in my opinion.

Farewell !

Steve, we have been thru this many times, GOW did not declare war, SoD started taking GOW cities because we didn't read your mind to know that you had intended to attack cities of members we took in. Fact was that you didn't declare war on LOH and they merged with GOW. We were more than generous in giving SoD the cities of our inactives out there and in your oceans but you insisted you wanted to fight. SoD attacked first, and possibly plotted against us with TLT. Doesn't matter now, didn't go as you had planned.

I agree TBD has a great chance of winning and GOW is in contention right now, we've grown pretty fast the last few months but nothing is certain with this much time left.

DeletedUser

Steve, we have been thru this many times, GOW did not declare war, SoD started taking GOW cities because we didn't read your mind to know that you had intended to attack cities of members we took in. Fact was that you didn't declare war on LOH and they merged with GOW. We were more than generous in giving SoD the cities of our inactives out there and in your oceans but you insisted you wanted to fight. SoD attacked first, and possibly plotted against us with TLT. Doesn't matter now, didn't go as you had planned.

I agree TBD has a great chance of winning and GOW is in contention right now, we've grown pretty fast the last few months but nothing is certain with this much time left.

Time has granted me perspective to perhaps have a more balanced view. I will share my perception of that era, for those who are curious.

I think it is a classic case of allies knowing they will eventually have issues escalating matters. It is true that SOD initiated hostilities, albeit in a declared and limited fashion.

So my history....

1. Many months of mutual support and successful repulse of core teams by rim teams.
2. SOD declaring and winning strategic wars to defeat and absorb smaller border alliances.
3. SOD tells GOW leaders their next target is an 024 based alliance on their border that had invaded 034, o26
4. GOW asks SOD leaders to delay attacks on said team as they are asking for their help in war against RYR, DW, RATs etc.
5. SOD complies with GOW request and makes temporary NAP with said team.
6. Core alliances are repulsed.
7. SOD declares intention to conquer o24 per plan,
8. GOW leadership merges in the SOD target alliance into its GOW II academy, stopping any expansion by SOD. SOD sees this as a clear attempt to stop our growth, as no other options are practical other than to attack an ally. This angers SOD leadership and this is communicated clearly to a GOW leader over several weeks. It is not clear if this is shared, but GOW leaders encourage SOD to attack their long time ally instead (death Fiber or TLT). Both of these teams are our two oldest NAPs.
9. After negotiations for GOW to unmerge our target allance member fail, SOD declares its intent to attack and take over those cities in o24 anyway, per our prior agreement. We know this is likely going to cause trouble, but playing the game without any enemies would be way too boring. We announce this intent with over a weeks notice to GoW. GOW does offer 20 plus cities on o24 (a nice touch) As a compromise, that is rejected. Again free cities is not our goal, but to fight and have fun.
10. GOW chooses to stack these o24 cities with defense for cheap, easy BP. They also merge in other aggressive enemy players from the defeated central alliances. Their intent is to win using former enemies we had vowed to vanquish, thus becomes clear.
Some GOW players we respect split from GOW back to SE. We wonder if this is internal discontent or a ploy.
11. SOD SOD starts taking border cities in o24 anyway, after an announcing our intent, as is proper in our opinion. We say we will limit our attacks to the area of the former team. (As a side note,I was against war strategically, but the team wanted fun and the winning strategy was dull)
12. A few more players merge into sod, including one targeted by TLT in o34. The targets to attack thin further. Perhaps this is viewed as provocative in the way the prior merger was.
13. Tensions rise.
14. GOW attacks SOD across the board taking cities without any declaration of war, including one of mine on a ceremonial island in GOW territory (I named each city in a humorous way after an alliance (God of Pizza) is taken. It was basically undefend.
15. Full scale war happens....
16. A second city of mine close to GOW territory is targeted, but my defense of it holds. I earn 50k BP. Thanks, it was fun.
17. RL issues, so I have to leave the world.

Ultimately, I think the remaining teams and their leadership have done a fine job, so I still think highly of you, though I think aiolis was a snake to claim he would never attack me and had honored that personal agreement when his support for the only city I lost to an attack (gods of pizza) was 5 minutes from arriving to support the conquest and I was looking at it arrive as he typed his disengenuous message.

DeletedUser

Note: post name. Dread weapons is dead long ago, defeated by the rim teams. SOD continued the thrive and still does as the western alliance.

DeletedUser

I think there are a few points missed here and others that are a one-sided opinion of things that happened. Steve I personally talked you out of war with TLT as I was trying to make them an asset for the then SE/GOW/DF/SoD team against RYR and Dread... I was never made aware of your intent to take out the 24 alliance until after we brought them in, most diplomacy was handled by Jwolf after that. We had agreed to confine the war at that point yes, to SoD III your academy and GOW II, once I saw you and leaders in SOD and SOD II targeting small players and members that were not part of the agreement we decided to make it a fair fight so you weren't the only ones getting "cheap BP" or cheap cities for that matter. Furthermore calling GOW an ally, and helping TLT who we were clearly at war with previous to all of this was not a way to go about building trust (this was all something I found out about much later). We offered to work with SoD, TLT was more important and getting a response in less than 3 days from any member of SOD leadership was near impossible. In fact this all comes down to the message we got form Jwolf that SoD was going to begin taking GOW cities and he understood that it could lead to a war and that was fine. It is not as if we blindsided SOD the way we were. And when you say Dreadweapons were defeated you mean that they joined into TBD and you pacted with them in favor of a war with GOW right? Because that's ultimately what happened here. An old ally under the bus, including all the DF members in GOW now.
No hard feelings, just my perspective on the topic.

Sternoff

Phrourach
I do not know what is going on over there, but some of your people have really POed Death Fiber/s members with your actions. Mostly lies and backstabbing from some of your leaders. We told you we will not merge with you if you let TLT in. They are as bad as RYR/DW members that are now part of The Black Death. Someone over there have spread a false rumor to The Black Death that I was quitting the game, and had all of my cities under attacked while I was still a Death fibers leader. Plus, that one of your leaders posted on your forum under WA that you guys had the okay from us to take our inactives which was a complete lie. I am the one who should give the okay since I was in charge of the inactives. One of your leaders told me that they posted that none of our cities are not to be taken, and that the guy who took the city did not read the forum. i contacted that player, and he was upset and told me that he read the forum, and that they were given the okay to taken the city. So, I caught one of your leaders in a lie. So, you have one leader playing mind games on us for months, another one following his lead, and then another one lying about our internals. You had nothing to do with all that Steve, and you may not know what your underlings did, but they did not win by defeating the Death Fiber and have them joining you. We merged and become stronger with Gods of War. I know that some people in WA are not too happy with some of your leaders right now.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies. I am no longer active, so have no current understanding of recent dealings. In terms of the -rep by some anonymous person, wondering why? Just posting a perspective in a dead forum...first action in ages, which seems a positive act to me, not a negative one.

P.s. to sternoff, I have messages from you that many would hold a grudge over, yet I let it go. In terms of Death Fiber relationships, DF attacked SOD first at the very beginning of the game. I am one of those who remember. Relationships were always pretty much cooperation out of mutual benefit. Also, GOW asked us to take you guys out at around the time that we chose instead to make war on GOW in O24 instead. Yet you trust them now, so that is a choice you make. Ask Aiolis what he suggested we do when we said their merger with our o24 enemy left us no targets.

Anyway, do what you wish. That is the game. if I was planning to keep playing I might have persuaded the team to pursue a different route. But I passed the torch. They lead as they wish.

PPS

I think I also mentioned that our NAP with TLT went back to the very start of the game. We didn't really help them at all when GOW had your war with them. you can verify that, but we kept lines of dialog open. in fact we were constantly ---ing with them over our sieges they 'accidentally broke' many times.

Still, I respect what GOW has built and to some degree teams inevitably rub against each other. Some version of war was likely always meant to happen. Peace can always break out, as can new mergers.

Yes, the sod warmongers won the day and we became more aggressive when my diplomacy based, but successful in terms of growth rates, approach was perceived as too dull.

DeletedUser

For all those posting minus rep comments anonymously, get some guts and post something.

DeletedUser

I am deleting my account so a happy life to all. Interesting experience playing the game. To the -rep hater comments sent over the last year by a very dedicated harasser; the mods know your identity and I have spoken with them about it. It doesn't bother me much other than I worry about your mental health. After 20+ years of marriage I know I have a very healthy emotional life, have great interpersonal relationships, and my self identity is not something a troll can touch. Nothing to prove to this community. For you I suggest therapy to deal with your personal issues.