Why join an Alliance?

DeletedUser

Can someone please help or advise? I am part of an alliance and all members are involved in deciding our standards, policies etc. If you join our alliance.....abide by our decisions.

Alliances have pacts, enemies and NAP agreements. Can someone explain NAP to me? I thought it meant N(on) A(ggressive) P(olicy) ONE of the biggest alliances in Dephi has an NAP with our alliance and yet because I took a city belonging to his friend, he is attacking me and three of his friends are joining in.

I hear you say, thats what he should do, a fellow alliance member being attacked .... send support, attack their attacker. Sentiments I endorse, but I took the city from his friend who is not ONE of the alliance, not an ally of theirs, not supported by them in any way.. as told to me by ONE of their diplomats.

Are there any rules in Grepolis regarding this, or is it up to alliances to allow ONE or two members to break their rules to suit themselves whilst pretending to act as ONE big team.

DeletedUser

Yeah not all people stand by there alliance rules lol

yeah this is sad woot woot for NAP's with people who dont keep them :)

DeletedUser

we take naps/pacts seriously and tried to work with you all
it was asked to not hit 2 ppl ..... and that was not taken seriously
you are more then welcome to contact us via the game, as I will not talk poorly of anyone here

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) NAP never works
2) Non Aggresive PACT.
3) If you can't handle the attacks simply don't attack the player whos causing you the problem. Should be some bp in for you though! :)

DeletedUser

wow pretty harsh way to put someone down, seems he was asking a perfectly legitimate question and you guys decided to act like bullies.

Q. When holding a NAP with an alliance if their members attack are they in the wrong?

A. Yes, the leader of said alliance should be in a position where he/she can stop their members hitting a player which belongs to the NAP'd alliance. If they don't that alliance obviously has no control over how their players play, there is no reason a player should be allowed to hit this NAP'd alliance no matter if he hit some buddy of his or not. The best that player should do is defend their friend.

DeletedUser

I had spoken to both leaders of this guys alliance, one being Darkthing5179. They were aware of what would happen should the attacks on our members sibling continue, he may not be connected to our alliance but he is connected to one of our members and we stand by our members :)

Also Darkthing5179 and the other leader of Determined your requests for an invite are declined :D

DeletedUser

lol maybe you got the wrong impression i have no interest in joining your alliance haha

DeletedUser

Part of being in an alliance is to stand by your members and support them.
The terms were created and agreed upon, then taken back, end of story.

DeletedUser

I'm not a part of determined I'm an unruly sea dog :p

I was just stating i didn't like the way you replied to his forum post, a simple explantion that it was part of your original NAP agreement would have sufficed rather then.

"yeh we attacked you, move on." - This sounds like Because i'm bigger then you I can do what i like.

"3) If you can't handle the attacks simply don't attack the player whos causing you the problem. Should be some bp in for you though! :D" - Again same thing, theres really no need to be so rude far better to say you broke our agreement now your paying for it. It's really no wonder ONE* is looked so unfavourably on by most other alliances in the world. I've only encountered this kind of game style in one other world i played on and that alliance was eventually torn apart because of the way their leaders were talking to the other people on the externals.

DeletedUser

I can tell you that I do not talk about ppl or any alliances in a poor way
No point in doing so.
As for ppl thinking things about us in game - the alliances that we have ties to know we are cut and dry and fair.
When things become too vague then problems arise.
If you are not in the alliance that posted this thread then you would not know of the terms set forth and what had taken place.

DeletedUser

They were aware of why we were attacking before posting here, hence the short reply. Strikehard btw does not speak for our alliance as he is no longer a part of it. We have always had bad press it does not matter what we do people have always had something to say, we just get on with things the way we should.

DeletedUser

No i didn't know of the terms put forth all i had to go on was what was posted here, and i didn't like what i saw.

DeletedUser

Eh I only said it jokingly :)

The terms and acts of wars should be decided by leaders (above^^). If a player on the opposite side defies certain rules then they may have to face the consequences. There's no nice way to put it really :L

DeletedUser

Well sorry you did not like what you read. I was being polite in the matter. If we are to create a thread to backlash a group all info should be posted for ppl to make their decisions on.

Thank you strike - that is what happened, and it was a leader that went against the set agreements.
Anyways this was done with.... let's move on shall we :)

DeletedUser

To be fair what you posted wasn't all that bad it's more Dev7in's post which annoyed me more, seemed pretty harsh. But this post is on the externals so shouldn't anyone able to see it be able to post their views on the subject? Well i had a view so i posted it.

DeletedUser

Given the fact they were aware of why this was happening but still chose to post about us here in a bad light, i feel my comment was in no way harsh, we will move on now i suggest you do the same.

DeletedUser

Imo SweetT and Dev7in haven't acted in a harsh manner. However if I was them and that post was directed at me then I would have gone harsh.
Don't go harsh on him you say? Can't you tell then questions are directed at them hence the 'ONE'.

Are there any rules in Grepolis regarding this, or is it up to alliances to allow ONE or two members to break their rules to suit themselves whilst pretending to act as ONE big team.

He can speak however he wants about ONE* but as soon as ONE* defends themselves they're all of a sudden bullies?

My intentions weren't to bully to joke so as for -rep it's pretty ridiculous as I said before i hadn't done it on purpose.

Now end of. :)