Why no on 2.0?

DeletedUser

Why don't you guys want 2.0? I think that is more important than who voted no. I voted no until the 2nd option pulled up asking me to consider the fact that grepo teams have to work on two software versions. I think it is fair for them, they have at least given us the choice which I respect.

We were all willing to be converted before the 2.0 worlds popped up and we knew there would be two versions.

DeletedUser

I voted no because Timing is a pain in the butt on 2.0, I hate the farming, hate the new layout, harder to notice when attacks are incoming and to what cities. Hate the fact that it is purely gold based now and gives people who use gold a massive advantage and that innogames is being greedy by having gold incorporated into almost every aspect of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

im afraid i have to agree with DX on the point about it being very heavily dependent on gold. cutting down the building times of things in the senate is fine but when you can push through nukes quicker it just seems slightly pointless. not sure how long i would hang around for if it turned into a case of who has the most gold not who can use his troops most effectively!

just my 2 cents

DeletedUser18132

For the Hero worlds, it will soon be Simpolis, not Grepolis.

DeletedUser

i have to agree with DX. I have never spent anything on this game and if i am getting my tail kicked by someone who is, it is really doesnt make sense for me to play. PLAY FOR FREE is what got me involved and will keep me involved as long as i can hang with those spending the cash. It is a sad thought after playing for so long to even have to think i might be forced to leave because i refuse to spend money to keep up if need be.

DK... have you spent money on playing? i am just curious. I would think that we all are good enough players not to have to spend money to stay competitive, but is that even possible in 2.0? Does anyone really know the answer to this?

If this does create the fall of us all, i have enjoyed my time battling and bantering with you all. Friend or Foe we have created a community of Great gaming and that is what I would miss the most.

DeletedUser

im afraid i have to agree with DX on the point about it being very heavily dependent on gold. cutting down the building times of things in the senate is fine but when you can push through nukes quicker it just seems slightly pointless. not sure how long i would hang around for if it turned into a case of who has the most gold not who can use his troops most effectively!

just my 2 cents
I have to agree when the game becomes more about who has the most gold instead of who is the better player its is far less fun im not against using gold but when its inserted into every aspect its basically going to become a major crutch for a lot of players how boring

DeletedUser

I just think this is better then just saying I voted no. They have mentioned that details on what features will be included is going to be released shortly. So we better let them know what we don't want included.

If anyone in innogames is paying attention they should know the one no one likes is gold being used to half troop build times. Which I believe from a previous thread someone on the grepo team mentioned would not be included. However, those details have yet to be confirmed in a formal announcement.

My gripe?

What the hell do we do with all our cities that are on non wonder building islands? They are just wasted space now, and would sure be nice to add a feature which will allow us to ghost a city in that condition for a very short period of time. Maybe the last 48 hours before the server converts to 2.0. Who knows what will play out I guess.

DeletedUser4013

I just think this is better then just saying I voted no. They have mentioned that details on what features will be included is going to be released shortly. So we better let them know what we don't want included.

If anyone in innogames is paying attention they should know the one no one likes is gold being used to half troop build times. Which I believe from a previous thread someone on the grepo team mentioned would not be included. However, those details have yet to be confirmed in a formal announcement.

Here is your formal annoucement: This post

DeletedUser

lol very nice Tyrion, to be fair i don't think those cities not on a wonder island are "wasted space"

When wonders come out it's going to be about stopping other alliances from making the wonders, so fighting your way into the middle of occupied territory just to make an attempt on one single city on a wonder island to stop the construction will become a big part of the strategy.

Also just because we can build wonders dosn't mean that there will no longer be any enemies on the outside or inside of our alliances that we need to fight. Border skirmishes and invasions will continue to occur.

DeletedUser3530

I voted NO. And I really don't see why 70% of the people (if it's true) have voted YES! It's like having your favourite cheese pizza every day for the last 2 years because you reaaaaallly like it and one sunny afternoon the waiter comes and serves you the biggest hottest pizza in the world but then you realize that it's a pineapple pizza just because "other clients" have said it's nice...Well is there a pineapple pizza in the menue? Yes there is! Could I have ordered a pineapple pizza if I wanted one? Yes I could have! So why do they bring me not what I have ordered?!

It's simple - If I wanted to play 2.0, I would have joined one of the 2.0 worlds...

DeletedUser

Well said :)
I voted no because Timing is a pain in the butt on 2.0, I hate the farming, hate the new layout, harder to notice when attacks are incoming and to what cities. Hate the fact that it is purely gold based now and gives people who use gold a massive advantage and that innogames is being greedy by having gold incorporated into almost every aspect of the game.

DeletedUser

I voted NO. And I really don't see why 70% of the people (if it's true) have voted YES! It's like having your favourite cheese pizza every day for the last 2 years because you reaaaaallly like it and one sunny afternoon the waiter comes and serves you the biggest hottest pizza in the world but then you realize that it's a pineapple pizza just because "other clients" have said it's nice...Well is there a pineapple pizza in the menue? Yes there is! Could I have ordered a pineapple pizza if I wanted one? Yes I could have! So why do they bring me not what I have ordered?!

It's simple - If I wanted to play 2.0, I would have joined one of the 2.0 worlds...

Is it just me or anyone else really want a cheese pizza after reading this?

images

DeletedUser14937

The above 3 posts are what I consider to be spam, please don't let it continue.

DeletedUser

The above 3 posts are what I consider to be spam, please don't let it continue.

images

I believe that is spam.

The above 3 posts were just people who were poking fun at someones response to make light of the situation. It was on topic with the pizza analogy about 2.0. Which I recall was a delicious analogy! Ty DE

If we could all meet at the water cooler the next day maybe I wouldn't need to post it on this forum but it is the only way some of us communicate. Can't we do that?

It isn't like I pulled cheese pizza out of my butt. I might get heat for this, but hey you have to stand up for what you believe in right :pro:

DeletedUser

I could care less whether its 1.26x or 2.15x. I have just started 1.26x and I love it! It's awesome. I really love the formatting.

DeletedUser3530

The above 3 posts were just people who were poking fun at someones response to make light of the situation. It was on topic with the pizza analogy about 2.0. Which I recall was a delicious analogy! Ty DE
You are lucky I didn't use the first analogy which came to my mind actually, because I like sausages more than pizza...but perhaps I should have used it, it would have made the situation even "lighter" to discuss it then :D :D

DeletedUser

You are lucky I didn't use the first analogy which came to my mind actually, because I like sausages more than pizza...but perhaps I should have used it, it would have made the situation even "lighter" to discuss it then :D :D

That's why people don't want 2.0! There are no free sausages or cheese pizza's. What the heck is this innogames? I want a premium that comes with free food :pro:

DeletedUser

That's why people don't want 2.0! There are no free sausages or cheese pizza's. What the heck is this innogames? I want a premium that comes with free food :pro:

Free food!
isnt that what the red flags indicate ?