Why the need for censorship ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Why is it,

That when i type the name of the team I have joined it gets shortened to ed ??

As far as i am aware the word $partarded is neither rude, explicit, a threat, an expletive, slanderous, hurtful or any other reason I can think of to warrant it being restricted.

I can write Sparta
I can write Retard
I can write Retarded

and frankly I think its an assumption to think the second two have anything to do with the first one exclusively, if something has been "Spartan'd" or as is often thought of in here as made like a Sparta alliance, and Elite alliance or any other kind of "Mra'ish term" then I think it was quite funny to have it as a play on words, and certainly it was fine for it to be used for the last world but one - Chi where there was a Mentally $partarded alliance.

I want to talk about the team I am in, I want to be able to answer question and big up our achievements just like anyone else can - and there have been some pretty dodgy names in the past - so why cant we be allowed to with this one ??

Looking forward to having this issue resolved so we can all have fun.

thanks.

DeletedUser

i don't know the answer to your question, but in the meantime maybe you can call your alliance MS when you wanna big up your achievements?

DeletedUser18132

What do you mean? I can write it perfectly. Mentally Spartаrded.

DeletedUser

Ok, here is the story:
A bunch of people dislike Ac04, so they (we) made a new forum, and that forum is named mentally spаrterded, and the link has spаrtard in it
So....due to advertising that forum, Ac04 censored the word.
You can write mentally spаrtarded only if you copy this:
mentally spаrtarded - because those letters look like the real letters, but are actually other letters, that look the same, but the filter system knows the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Because I removed it. Thanks for bringing the other words to my attention ;)

Ac04, he's not asking that, he's asking why it was removed. It's not offensive at all.

Care to explain?

MENTALLY S P A R T A R D E D! Offending anyone?

S P A R T A R D E D was an alliance in Chi, but it's removed now we come to Omega.

S P A R T A R D E D is an alliance name, and it's hard to talk about our alliance.

Mentally S P A R T A R D E D is hated by some people in positions of authority, it's clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gordon explained that to me, here is a quote:
Gordopolis said:
As you are aware we has some problems with advertising lately and therefore this name was blocked. This issue may be visited in the future but for know it will stay banned, as it was very disruptive to the community. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Gordon
At least he apologized, unlike Ac04

DeletedUser

Oh, to answer the title of the thread, there is no need for censorship.

DeletedUser

I see,

Thanks for the clarifications - although I find ACo4's response of "Because I did" somewhat strange for someone who is meant to be working with the customer base, hardly what i would ask any of my liason team to do and certainly against every Public relations/Complaints handling/Outward facing role training I have ever read. Its not like a "mod decision" that sometime seem high handed but they have theior rules to stick to and are just carrying them out, even then they usually give you an explanation

I can see that advertising products that could take income away from Innogames is not in their best interest, but I cant see another forum about the game being counter productive, surely if anything you would be encouraging it so that there are more potential people in the real world talking about your product. Its a bit like Nissan trying to deny the existence of all the owners clubs apart from the "Official one", just doesnt happen.

If a bunch of people want to chat in their own way in their own place about your product then I would welcome it, I could see the argument for not allowing links directly to it, but i certainly wouldn't be so petty as to actually restrict the word !!

Does no one else feel that is like 5 year old kindergarten type response ?? I have said several times I find it frustrating that the moderation here is set so low and is aiming to be an impossible carebear type picnic of only good words and love and cuddles, but this has nothing to do with rudeness, etiquette or even business.

Just smacks of handbags to me.

Sorry.

DeletedUser

If this word is censored then chatzy should
chatzy is a chat site, so that wouldn't be in the interest of inno, so adam, censor it, and infract osl for advertising chatzy, if what I am told is true

DeletedUser4013

There seems to be a lot of petty bickering going on in this thread. Yes, that word was censored with the filter. Yes, it was because of advertisement of a forum meant to take away from these. Yes, Ac04 felt the need to put it in place and this was done so with the consent of Gordon.

At this point, you are all trying to beat a dead horse. The thing was done, and as Gordon said, it will be revisited at future date. Let the issue go.

DeletedUser

There seems to be a lot of petty bickering going on in this thread. Yes, that word was censored with the filter. Yes, it was because of advertisement of a forum meant to take away from these. Yes, Ac04 felt the need to put it in place and this was done so with the consent of Gordon.

At this point, you are all trying to beat a dead horse. The thing was done, and as Gordon said, it will be revisited at future date. Let the issue go.

The forum was called "S p a r t a r d" not "S p a r t a r d e d".

Can you see why this may raise questions about why "S p a r t a r d e d" was censored?

Can you also see why the response of "Because I removed it" isn't really good enough from a community manager?

DeletedUser6029

You know, with my current war regarding cheating, I was asked if I was part of this "Aicy thing". Granted, I didn't know what it was at the time, but since then have heard all about it. I actually find it goes along with my current beef. There is a double standard here...one for us useless money spending peons....and one for the upper echelon. I find that while you can't please everyone, and for one rule that is implemented you can find others that gripe and compare blah blah blah....however, with this latest uprising, I feel that what we as the community are so vocal about is the pattern. THAT is what is so confusing and offensive.

DeletedUser

I am assuming you are all playing dumb but for those who possibly and incredibly do not know it is a play on words to an Intellectual disability.

Its much like calling your alliance a racist slang term and then changing a couple of letters around, I am sure that would upset some people.

Me I have no issues with it and I do believe it a bit over the top by the PC brigade but I got a warning for correcting someones spelling after they said it was a requirement of joining their alliance that requests were fully spelt correctly, despite the post contained 5/6 spelling and grammer mistakes.

DeletedUser

I am assuming you are all playing dumb but for those who possibly and incredibly do not know it is a play on words to an Intellectual disability.

Its much like calling your alliance a racist slang term and then changing a couple of letters around, I am sure that would upset some people.

Me I have no issues with it and I do believe it a bit over the top by the PC brigade but I got a warning for correcting someones spelling after they said it was a requirement of joining their alliance that requests were fully spelt correctly, despite the post contained 5/6 spelling and grammer mistakes.

I think the point a lot of people are getting at it that there was an alliance in Chi named the same. The word wasn't banned then. Why was it banned here? S p a r t a r d e d isn't the name of the different forum in question.

DeletedUser

Because I removed it. Thanks for bringing the other words to my attention ;)

We raise a serious point and we get this?

I think I might leave this forum, I can't believe that someone is allowed to be a Co-Community Manager with that attitude.

DeletedUser6029

I'd like to note there are a ton of alliances with "plays" on words.......Not to mention all the player names...................What makes this one so special it has to be singled out?

Status
Not open for further replies.