Why the need for censorship ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The alliance MS did not exist before that forum. I know because I read all of the pre-made threads as part of my area to keep an eye on. I also keep watch over new worlds as do the other Titans and that alliance was not there before that forum.

Ty,

Thanks again for a well reasoned, well presented and understandable response. You can see why you feel the way you do and what you think, and even if there is anything I disagree with its nice for a mod to take the trouble of structuring themselves properly, rather than just resorting to the thing the inflammed this situation in the first place, namely the "Because i can" type reply.

I was not intending to reply again as I feel there is an impasse now that will not change, but I would like to point out that...

1) NOTHING- Apparently experienced players from phi, not so sure, but we will see
2) Black Flag- MRA, their leader seems a bit of a "keyboard ganster"
3) The Voices- Good old drunken pacifists from upsilon, reckon they can go far if they can withstand Idiots, (or MS now)
4) The Bad Company- decent average, too early to tell.
5) Shadow Warriors- Don't look that great ;)
6) The Braveheart Elite- Most alliance which have Elite at the end of their name are MRAs, will prob fail
7) Made by IKEA- Weird name, no idea
8) Death Before Dishonor- A lot of smack talk by leader is hot air, will fail pretty soon IMO
9) Balkan Elite Group- These guys have a fairly limited recruitment option...
10)Mentally ed- New name for IDIOTS, took on a merge of no names (daizans alliance)
11)Game of Thrones- I dunno
12)Knights Templar- Will fail soon

...........this was posted on 21st July and was when the Idiots alliance changed its name to "MS" and was TWO WORLDS before this new forum and this censorship happened.

I only know about them as I play Chi and had members such as Muttzy join our team 2G4U after MS broke up.

I think whether or not it is perceived that this forum will not give an explanation from Adam a fair hearing it is still the right thing to do for him to be honest and make a genuine statement given his position in the heirarchy here and his apparent involvement in all this.

I think Jarp has been pretty candid and honest in admitting they were trying to stealthily advertise their new forum, perhaps Adam (I believe) can be equally as candid and admit that there has been a paperchase going on since then that ended up with the position we are in now.

J.

DeletedUser

The word was filtered before the alliance was created. No one has ever been banned for dislike or being hated. Names of an alliance are subject to the rules, Ingame Mods have the right to ask that a name be changed if it is found to be offensive.

The alliance MS did not exist before that forum. I know because I read all of the pre-made threads as part of my area to keep an eye on. I also keep watch over new worlds as do the other Titans and that alliance was not there before that forum. Attempts at making a link to a new forum and advertising it will not be allowed. You can try it if you like and see the results for yourself. Of all the senior forum staff, I am the one that will come down harshest for repeated violations of the rules.

here is a premade
the title is not "mentally spartаrtarded" but the name is
link
here is a GFX request that is made for the alliance in Omega
I have checked the found date of the forum (05 september), the GFX was made in the same time (05 september)
The word was not censored the same date that the forum was made, it was censored the next day.
GFX requests don't get sent the day that the alliance is made, it happens a couple of days after.
The forum name was based on that alliance, the alliance premade for Omega existed before the forum, and the Omega mentally spartаreded is not the first one, there are other mentally spаrtarded alliances in other worlds, before the epic premade was even made.
MS is much older than the forum.

DeletedUser5

A lot of you are missing the point here. The word was not filtered as a result of the alliance, it was not filtered to stop people posting the name of the alliance, it was filtered because people were advertising a forum that originally claimed to be "A forum away from the nazi moderators of the Grepolis forum", do you really think that is appropriate, and should be advertised? Do you think that I am going to allow you all to advertise this forum where people are very quick to abuse me and the job I do? Does that promote the building of this community? I don't think so.

Now, I have been told last week, that I have basically done nothing for the last 3-6 months, even though this person has seen nothing of what I've been doing. This person assumed that because there was nothing visible, e.g Debate and Discussion forum, that I've been doing nothing in my role as a co-community manager.

Many people have been very quick to pass judgement about me, based on what people have told them. We all know that people who have been banned, or "targeted" due to them breaking the rules, paint moderators and administrators in a great light.

Now, had I not seen any abuse of moderators and myself on this other forum, I would probably have allowed you to post a link in the Offtopic area, so that you could all go there and spam around without rules. The fact of the matter is that I did see abuse there, and when handing out infractions for people that advertised it, more and more people started trying to battle with me about why they should be allowed to post links to this forum. For all of you who received 3 point infractions, you can all thank those that were making things worse. I'd name a few of these, but most of them have been posting in this thread, and I'll allow you all to deduce yourselves who it was.

As more and more people started to jump on the bandwagon, and fight us about stopping the advertising, I chose to censor the word, as this seemed to be the cleanest solution. Now, the fact that you have an alliance with this name, which you can't now post on the forums, you only have yourselves to blame for this. I responded to you all, and dealt with the problem of the advertising.

I will not be apologising for censoring the word, and I will not personally be removing this word from the censorship list at any point in the near future. All those that were involved in advertising the forum are the ones that have caused the censorship of the word. Congratulations guys.

Just so you're all aware, I shan't be posting again on this thread, so there's not really a point in you trying to provoke another response out of me.

DeletedUser4577

Many people have been very quick to pass judgement about me, based on what people have told them.
- Its just like trying to run an alliance. If things dont go "Great" You always find those who wish to argue or say something wrong against you or the current "Horrid" conditions. Its actually quite similar...The forum and running an alliance I mean.

Anyways, Keep up the great work. You and all the Mods...I may at times see things wrong but for the most part I appreciate all your work you all do.

I hate you all for not allowing me to become a mod again though...Lol...;)

I hope this post ends all this heated debating over a name as I believe this response has pretty much settled it.

DeletedUser

A lot of you are missing the point here. The word was not filtered as a result of the alliance, it was not filtered to stop people posting the name of the alliance, it was filtered because people were advertising a forum that originally claimed to be "A forum away from the nazi moderators of the Grepolis forum", do you really think that is appropriate, and should be advertised? Do you think that I am going to allow you all to advertise this forum where people are very quick to abuse me and the job I do? Does that promote the building of this community? I don't think so.

Now, I have been told last week, that I have basically done nothing for the last 3-6 months, even though this person has seen nothing of what I've been doing. This person assumed that because there was nothing visible, e.g Debate and Discussion forum, that I've been doing nothing in my role as a co-community manager.

Many people have been very quick to pass judgement about me, based on what people have told them. We all know that people who have been banned, or "targeted" due to them breaking the rules, paint moderators and administrators in a great light.

Now, had I not seen any abuse of moderators and myself on this other forum, I would probably have allowed you to post a link in the Offtopic area, so that you could all go there and spam around without rules. The fact of the matter is that I did see abuse there, and when handing out infractions for people that advertised it, more and more people started trying to battle with me about why they should be allowed to post links to this forum. For all of you who received 3 point infractions, you can all thank those that were making things worse. I'd name a few of these, but most of them have been posting in this thread, and I'll allow you all to deduce yourselves who it was.

As more and more people started to jump on the bandwagon, and fight us about stopping the advertising, I chose to censor the word, as this seemed to be the cleanest solution. Now, the fact that you have an alliance with this name, which you can't now post on the forums, you only have yourselves to blame for this. I responded to you all, and dealt with the problem of the advertising.

I will not be apologising for censoring the word, and I will not personally be removing this word from the censorship list at any point in the near future. All those that were involved in advertising the forum are the ones that have caused the censorship of the word. Congratulations guys.

Just so you're all aware, I shan't be posting again on this thread, so there's not really a point in you trying to provoke another response out of me.

Thanks for your response.

I think if you had originally done something halfway between this and the "cos i can" statement then certainly the normal people like myself would have given you the benefit of the doubt.

I joined the MS forum fairly early on as it was for the team we have in omega and cant say i recall comments like "nazi" but there was definitely an explosion of relief/backlash against some of the harsher modding decisions in here.

Like I have said several times I think yourself and Innogames need to look more closely at all this, because where you guys see some trouble making rebels i just see people who love the game and want to have fun and feel the level of restriction in here is too much. Whether that is right or wrong is irrelevant, it could be a genuine second forum for the community to consider using and that way you get a greater catchment for the product you are selling which is the whole point.

Im certain good can come out of all this.

J.

DeletedUser

Wrong. This forum was created with the sole intent of building this community. You were not letting players to publicly express their displeasure of some of the decisions you were making. To my knowledge, you asked many people to PM you. Instead of answering them, you either ignored them or attacked them personally. That is against the building of the community. I know that you may think this, but YOU and the rest of the moderation team are not the grepolis community. You may be in charge of running it, but without committed forum and ig members you will not have any community to manage.

It doesn't take 5 months to get the DnD back up. Since the DnD has been gone we've lost probably the best posters on these forums.

I don't know about some people but I will answer myself. I've never claimed to be "targeted" ever. Nor has anyone else we state what is fact.

If you can't take criticism you should not be managing this community. People should be able to make suggestions to you without having their posts deleted or infracted. I understand why you banned the name and trust me, we have other ways of getting members to join us.

How about maybe you could create a thread for discussion on the topic? Isn't that a good idea? Actually listening to what we think. Seems like a pretty good one to me.

Go ahead. We don't need your forums to advertise anymore.

Oh we're so lucky that the great Adam has graced us with a post on the matter! Normally he just locks/deletes the threads but finally he has provided an actual answer for us! Although the answer was simply dumb it was at least more than a sentence! Praise be to Adam!

---------------------

Adam I offered you a compromise and you failed to even acknowledge it. I'm sure many of the players and moderators alike would agree that this was a completely fair compromise. I cannot even explain how you can possibly be this stubborn.

Banning Blair a week into the game was simply an abuse of your power. You knew all week who he was and I'm sure of that. Stringing him on like that was not funny and was downright cruel. You've not only wasted his personal time, but our whole alliances time.

DeletedUser

I think the funny part here is people are complaining without really talking. They are more having a gripe fest and not even bothering to ask why.

why was dnd left out for so long? what is the hold up?

why cant we post complaints in the forums?

Why are you doing the "procedure" that you are doing?

People dont seem to want to know. they seem more content to happily complain and rant on how power is abused or sections are looked after inappropriately.

No wonder aco4 doesnt want to post in here anymore. If all I got was people crying like 4 year olds I wouldnt want to post in here either. Instead of assuming your (players) are right all the time... maybe take some time for empathy and realize... there are always reasons. Aco4 answers to the owners.. do you think they would blindly make him co coma and not have him watched for his actions? do you think they wouldnt care what players think?

My advice is to ask more questions and knock of the whinging.

DeletedUser

I think the funny part here is people are complaining without really talking. They are more having a gripe fest and not even bothering to ask why.

why was dnd left out for so long? what is the hold up?

why cant we post complaints in the forums?

Why are you doing the "procedure" that you are doing?

People dont seem to want to know. they seem more content to happily complain and rant on how power is abused or sections are looked after inappropriately.

No wonder aco4 doesnt want to post in here anymore. If all I got was people crying like 4 year olds I wouldnt want to post in here either. Instead of assuming your (players) are right all the time... maybe take some time for empathy and realize... there are always reasons. Aco4 answers to the owners.. do you think they would blindly make him co coma and not have him watched for his actions? do you think they wouldnt care what players think?

My advice is to ask more questions and knock of the whinging.

Fine then... Adam or another senior mod please answer all the questions Cronus asked.

DeletedUser17088

1) the hold up is deciding if we are going to bring it back at all and if we do,how it will be run. Not everyone agrees on the future of the DnD

2)You are complaining right now aren't you? This thread is still open.........

3) which procedure?

DeletedUser4577

- Its just like trying to run an alliance. If things dont go "Great" You always find those who wish to argue or say something wrong against you or the current "Horrid" conditions. Its actually quite similar...The forum and running an alliance I mean.

Anyways, Keep up the great work. You and all the Mods...I may at times see things wrong but for the most part I appreciate all your work you all do.

I hate you all for not allowing me to become a mod again though...Lol...;)

I hope this post ends all this heated debating over a name as I believe this response has pretty much settled it.

Due to this someone decided to Neg Rep me -

Why the need for... 13.09.11 13:29 "Inappropriate, AC had finished."

Now please again as many ask all over the forum if your going to send a comment be oh so kind enough to sign your name instead of talk from the shadows. Anyways, What part of my post was "Inappropriate"? I was kidding and it wasnt anything against him or even the mods and so what if AC is finished since its a forum I will post as much as I please and whenever I please.

DeletedUser17088

Decisions can be revoked and changed often, announcing every time we change our mind would get tiring and for the users, very annoying

However a decision will be made and everyone will be told when it happens.

I'm sure I have said this before but it needs repeating, Ac04 is not the sole person responsible for decisions and actions made on this forum, we are a team and as a team we move together with ideas and actions.

Please feel free to share some of the blame game out to me if you wish

DeletedUser17088

Don't really know what i did that was so funny (pm me cause I'm not too smart)

but yeh, posts like that discredit you from all future input on this thread mongoose :D

DeletedUser6029

I am going to put my two cents in here. As I stated on skype I understand the concern about reopening D&D. Granted they should have remove the "under construction" thread on its door, and been honest when asked...but now that the truth is out, it is valid points. On that note the mods have come up with a pretty fair compromise.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

Why don't the mods say a date sometime in the future(doesn't have to be correct and probably won't)when D&D will open and probably everyone will stop whining.

DeletedUser6029

Why don't the mods say a date sometime in the future(doesn't have to be correct and probably won't)when D&D will open and probably everyone will stop whining.
that is what they have been saying. I don't understand your point.

DeletedUser18132

I don't say a post where they say"D&D will be opened on the (day) of (month)."

Status
Not open for further replies.