Why?

DeletedUser

I've never done it, but personally would only be for my own twisted pleasure :p

DeletedUser17088

Disbanding, it happens!

Wether we like it or not it is part of the game and not against any rules

I think there are two things you must look at

1) Who would be silly enough to give founder/leader rights to anyone they don't really know?

2) what kind of a person are you to take advantage of other peoples inexperience?

I have disbanded an alliance before and at the time I thought it was cool and a 'good lesson for a noob'. Now when I look back I realise I did it just to feel some sort of revenge for Jarpenguin Disbanding my alliance. At the time i got the usual 'high fives' and pat on the backs for doing the disband but looking back I was just being Nasty and breaking someone's pride and joy up for a laugh

While I personally would not disband an alliance nowadays, I still neither condemn or condone it. I think its just as harsh as taking a new players only polis after they have spent weeks building it up and not building much defense/offense

DeletedUser19569

very good points..and yes this definitely was a good lesson for me..better to learn it now then later i guess.

DeletedUser16076

FOTN makes a good point. No matter how much you disagree with it, it happens. When you get more into the game there are actually points where it is useful, such as if your alliance is in a big war with a number of other alliances. Sending a spy to gather information and then disband them is actually rather useful or so i have heard. I am yet to do this though :p

DeletedUser

I've gotta say this about Invictus:

1. His alliance have been sabotaged three times, but he's still working hard to improve it.

2. He's already been conquered on Chi, but he's doing his best to fight his way back, and is keeping a solid and steady pace building again.

3. He doesn't lie about his experience, and is open to advice, and actually takes the time to filter it and implement it.

4. I've spoken to him a number of times privately, and he has yet to complain or say anything negative.

These traits are not found often in new players, especially younger ones. I have a lot of personal respect for him.

I'll tie in that last sentence to the topic here. Aside from cases of large wars, infiltrating alliances is a short-cut to power. It's a way to feel clever and elite, and to get off on manipulation and mind-games. Some players clearly enjoy having a show-and-tell on this in the externals, and I'm sure that's why many of them sabotage to begin with.

Maybe one day they'll earn the in-game respect they so clearly crave, yet have no idea how to go about getting. Although I doubt many of them are skilled or mentally tough enough to do that.

DeletedUser17088

Disbanding is not 'elite'

nothing but stats will make you 'elite'

Saying that they crave respect and attention is not always the case, sometimes its for a milestone............

If you all want to go bash those that disband alliances got to off-topic or something please

DeletedUser19569

I dont think it was bashing. And having milestones for disbanding is stupid im just being honest. and to achieve a milestone is to achieve attention..they come hand in hand..
but back on topic...dont you think it turns many people away from playing the game?
I honestly dont care anymore because i learned that its part of the game..But I wouldnt doubt if many people stopped playing for this reason.thoughts?

DeletedUser17088

I don't know to be honest, I am still here and i was a victim, you are still here and you were a victim..................

DeletedUser19569

true..very true....so i guess maybe it gets the ones who are serious about it. I think its just one of those things that some people love some people hate and some people dont care..lol..
feel free guys to give any more input but i think i got what i wanted..thanks everyone=)

DeletedUser

in Nu,my very good friend,daizan,thought its funny to invite phish,made him leader and let him to diband us.i wasnt mad,i was just amused.few hours after,we were the same peoples in the same alliance.i hated disbanders in the past.but the truth is,even they disband an alliance,if the alliance is made from good players,its not really hard to put them together again.ofc,if we r talking about mras,its a totally different story.