Wiki update

DeletedUser

When was the last time wiki for grepolis get updated? specifically the buildings page.

I made a simple excel sheet, then used the info from the building page of wiki to fill in all buildings population and points.

To calculate free population in each city, without any troops, I add up all the building populations together and subtract that from the total population provided by farm (plus bathhouse and research plow in some cases).
To calculate the total city points, I add all the points from the buildings together.

Then I went back to the game and use the that data to compare to my actual cities. In each city I use the buildings level to calculate "building" population and points. The result I got from excel were off from the numbers I saw in the game. I trust excel math, but I double-checked using pen, paper and calculator just to make sure. The numbers I got were the same as excel, and off from the game.

For example, in one city I should have 285 free population according to my math, but the game shows I have 120 left. Or a city should be 10340 but shown with higher points in game.

I don't care too much about the city points being off. It only came to my attention when I thought the population seemed off. I am, however, confused about the free population. I am sure I got the population of each level of each building correctly from wiki building page into excel data. I checked it 3 times on 3 different days.

Please let me know if my math is wrong, or any update or change in the game that wiki hasn't updated.

DeletedUser

Are you taking into account that you need to spend population to upgrade a building?

DeletedUser

Yes I did. For example, temple takes 5 additional population for each level up, so it costs a total of 125 population to have temple level 25 in a city. I added each building with their levels up.

DeletedUser23986

I would advise you to cross check your excel sheet with grepostats building calculator

DeletedUser

Recently buildings got shuffled around, temple and wall switched etc. Maybe the wiki is still out of date from that??

DeletedUser

As far as I am aware, the buildings page is correct.
However, it is entirely possible that they did change some values (I am not told), if this is the case, can someone tell me and I will edit it all.

DeletedUser

I am not aware of grepostats building calculator, but that sounds like a good idea. I will do some searching and compare data soon. Thank you for the suggestion