Will "The Marines" merge with SGC

DeletedUser

I would like opinions of others players about this subject?!
Will this merge happen and how long will "The Marines" last (before they merge with SGC) ?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13644

They will have too......
only the top 5-6 have the bp to back their points...
I.S is going to hurt them till they merge...

DeletedUser

I'm going to say they won't merge as both alliances are basically at their member cap and they would have nobody decent to war eventually if they merged.

DeletedUser

well mayby not merging but eventually becoming another branch for SGC like the Mighty boosh there not mighty boosh anymore but mighty boosh revolved

DeletedUser

well now that you mention it.
Gendodo was here in a daily basis comenting all the time, and he hasnt been seen around here for a log time

DeletedUser

I dont think they will merge, there a stubborn bunch :p

I have recently left the Marines for a change of scenery, but wish them luck and know that if they get back to basics they will return to the top.

Every alliance goes though a bad spell and losing 5/6 founders doesnt help.

DeletedUser

I don't know whether The Marines will last much longer. GenDodo and Thunder435 are both gone, as are many other original marines. I don't know how good their new leaders are, but I don't think that they will be able to keep The Marines going as strong as it used to be.

DeletedUser

I don't know whether The Marines will last much longer. GenDodo and Thunder435 are both gone, as are many other original marines. I don't know how good their new leaders are, but I don't think that they will be able to keep The Marines going as strong as it used to be.

New leader is Killabanana

DeletedUser

I'm going to say they won't merge as both alliances are basically at their member cap and they would have nobody decent to war eventually if they merged.

1. As u can see, number of "The Marines" players is going drastically down: soon there will be just few of them and there will be no difficulties to merge with SGC.
2. Or more likely few of them will betray rest of alliance and join SGC just to save their skin.
I think this option is more likely happen especially now when KillaB is leader ( just remember what happend with SF)

There is no alliance which is unbeatable.
When "The Marines" merged with some SF members there was talks about their power and that will be no alliance who can match them, but look now they have heavy losses against IS.

DeletedUser

Not gonna make excuses here but.

You talk of The Marines losses to IS and compare our start to current.

The Marines was set up in Ocean 54, where id be very surprised if we have lost more than 10 citys and if we have they will have been inactive.
In ocean 54 The Marines are still dominant and strong.

The problem is in the in Ocean 55 which is almost all ex SFi members.
No offence to these players but the competion around them is high and a long distance from the original Marines core.

So yeah we are all one alliance now, but you cant compare or glorious start to our current state of affairs as this is now a new alliance with new members is a different ocean.

Every alliance stalls at some point but my money is on The Marines rising again.

Just wanted to add something, when Gendodo and Thunder left the name of the alliance should have been retired as it shouldnt be compared.

DeletedUser

No merger. They are already close to member caps. So the next best thing would have just have to be an all out war. Slug it out to the end and see who falls hardest.

But if they could merge :eek: The world would end!!! That would just be a powerhouse, a black hole to swallow us all....

DeletedUser

it's just history taking place over again one person goes another person rises up noone is going to be on here forever

DeletedUser13860

Ok as an ex member of Semper-Fi and now a member of The Marines the problem, if there is one , is that we over extended ourselves, we still have the best core of players in any world, there will be no merger with S.G.C. it is impractical will not work, we are both too large and we have a strong alliance from the start of this game from S.Fi to the Marines do not see this changing.
As for the old guard going i wish them well and i mean that with all my heart.....but ....always a but we will go on, we still have players as good as those who left and some better our leader is a fantastic replacement for Gen DoDo ..... do not worry people we have not gone anywhere, you will still have nightmares about us... Regards Raymond Hanlon