Windows 10: Remove unneeded bundled apps.

DeletedUser

Hello.
I grew tired of Win 10 running apps in the background that I will never use. I like to have control over, or at least I'd like to think that I have control :) ) what apps are running on my system. I got tired of certain apps loading in the memory and there was no way for me to edit them in the startups. A good example of such app is: Movies and TV app. I mean... :) u know what I mean if you use your PC to watch movies and listen to the music.

Here is the link that would help you to remove some apps that you don't need:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how...-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

If you use Skype and don't want it to be automatically updated, you like your old version or you like to update apps when YOU decide to do it:
1. Alt, then tyep "services"
2. Open Services app
3. Find Skype Updater
4. RMB-->Properties
5. Select: Disabled as Startup type.

If you have Cortana enabled with your mic connected, be careful of what you say. If you say: "I want to kill President of USA" 100 times or so, you might have men in black knocking on your door to say "howdy".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unused memory is wasted memory. If you need more of it, idle apps will be closed automatically by windows. There is no advantage gained from doing this fyi.

DeletedUser

If program is loaded, it can not take 0b, kb, mb of memory. Deleting the app will not permit it to load at startup, this freeing memory. I think the app that I removed was taking 0.7mb.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

If program is loaded, it can not take 0b, kb, mb of memory. Deleting the app will not permit it to load at startup, this freeing memory. I think the app that I removed was taking 0.7mb.

His point is that there's no point to doing it though. Say you have 8 GB of RAM. You're using 7GB of it. Deleting a program using 1 GB of RAM won't make the system run faster, nor will it matter about allowing a program that would use 2 GB of RAM to run, as Windows would just delete the program from running anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Skully

DeletedUser46838

XTC if you have a lot of GFX pictures you've saved, why not upload them to your site and then delete them. I'm sure that'll free up 6 or 7 GB of space :D

DeletedUser8396

XTC if you have a lot of GFX pictures you've saved, why not upload them to your site and then delete them. I'm sure that'll free up 6 or 7 GB of space :D

Wrong type of memory...

DeletedUser

His point is that there's no point to doing it though. Say you have 8 GB of RAM. You're using 7GB of it. Deleting a program using 1 GB of RAM won't make the system run faster, nor will it matter about allowing a program that would use 2 GB of RAM to run, as Windows would just delete the program from running anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Skully
Nah that's pretty much it :p I have to bring this up every time someone complains about chrome's RAM usage.

memory (RAM) != disk space (HDD) :p

DeletedUser

But dear peeps, I don't want to have (for example) Movies and TV, Grove Music, Skype Updater, processes running in the background. I understand what you trying to say, it is like having 1k dollars under the mattress is a waste cuz they are not invested. I just wanted to be helpful...I will go sit quietly in the corner now...

loneliness1.jpg