Windows 8 App Feedback Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser27700
  • Start date

DeletedUser27700

Announcement said:
Windows 8
Grepolis is keeping up with modern technology. If you are using Windows 8 or thinking about it, you will be able to install Grepolis as a convenient app.
The app is already available in the English, German and French Windows Store.

So I just installed this and found out a couple things.
Firstly, it looks great. Its full screen and runs relatively smooth (better than FireFox, not quite as good as chrome on my PC).

However, there are a few things missing, and I can try to add to this list as I use it further.

One of the strangest things is the absence of a refresh button. Unless I am missing something blatantly obvious, I do not see a way to refresh. We all know there are very minor bugs that require refreshing the screen to fix, and I can't do that unless I log out and back in.

Another thing is when I saw 'App' I assumed it to be a desktop version of the phone app, and that I would get attack notifications. Alas, this is not the case.

I tried to find a way to have multiple worlds open, but this wont work either.

I attempted to keep it on the side and have chrome up at the same time, but all you get is a picture of Zeus. So no real use for that either.

As of right now, I see no real use for it. I can just run chrome in Win 8 mode, or even just in full screen, and it would serve the same purpose.

I do see potential however, and hopefully features will be added as it picks up users :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

How did you find it in Windows Store?
Search gives me 0 results. :(
Im in EU.

DeletedUser27700

Im in the USA, and I literally just searched "Grepolis" and it came right up.
It says it is only available for English, German, and French stores, are you not one of those?

DeletedUser

:D Haha, fair enough.
Not a clue unfortunately. Mac...

I'd assume that there's a bar at the top somewhere or a little button that looks like a magnifying glass. :p

DeletedUser345

:D Haha, fair enough.
Not a clue unfortunately. Mac...

I'd assume that there's a bar at the top somewhere or a little button that looks like a magnifying glass. :p

Trust google I say, thankfully it seems it has been asked a few times before so I'm not such a nub. :D

Just looked and its apparently Windows Button + Q, seriously how is that logical?

DeletedUser345

As iced says looking at it there is not much point in the app at all! You may as well have it open on your google chrome/whatever you use and play from it there as you also get access to multiple tabs such as the forum and wiki as well as word and excel if you like to use those sort of things. A good idea but something that won't work and won't be used whatsoever in its current form.

DeletedUser

I don't even have the option to log in. Windows 8 asks to use my info, and access to my email and the sorts. But then the app goes to tell me that I have to have a verified email. :(
Anybody else have this problem?

DeletedUser22054

Is there anywhere a description, how it works?
Is it possible, to use the app on several universen (Beta, En and so on)
Is it possible, to use the app with several accounts; only once per world, indeed ;)

DeletedUser43011

One of the strangest things is the absence of a refresh button. Unless I am missing something blatantly obvious, I do not see a way to refresh. We all know there are very minor bugs that require refreshing the screen to fix, and I can't do that unless I log out and back in.

If your using the App section on a Laptop/PC just press F5 the same way you would normally, if its on a tablet or smartphone I agree its annoying

DeletedUser

cant find it in the app search... did i missed something

DeletedUser829

it's a good app, however after using it for some time, I can't click on buttons anymore (Click or press with my surface pro). For example, I can't reply in forums, I can't attack, or farm. I can't build from my Senate.

It's the same "sections" that always fail.

-Senate - Can't build
-FOrums can't reply
-Farming can't farm individual
etc.

DeletedUser

I use the windows 8 app. Pressing F5 does nothing for me. After awhile of being logged into the app many of the buttons and features become unresponsive. So I have to logout and then log back in. It is quite annoying. I've started playing from my internet browser. It seems to work much better.

DeletedUser

I used to use, but it is partially the same as browser and has some bugs, so I use browser