Development Winners world

• Thread starter DeletedUser5554
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5554

Proposal: To create a post world where certain alliances match up against each other. These worlds would be considered Champion Worlds where only the elites of Grepolis may enter.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes this is the original idea now revised.

Reason: I noticed this was the original intent of the hero world but it back fired miserably with easy requirements and a bad set up. Wanting to keep the original idea alive i'm hoping to get a set of worlds established where the true world winners may enter only when created.

Details: Posted in a point plan below

Set Up: It would start with a playoff world after about 8 worlds are concluded the winning alliance's players with the "Ruler of the World" award may enter the playoff world to represent their team. The playoff worlds keep opening after every 8 worlds until that generation is finished. Once the world starts it would be an 8 way free for all for the alliances for the world win. Diplomatic settings would be on and the alliance cap would be 150 with morale set to inactive. The speed would be a notch higher at 4. The Conquest settings may be voted on.

Playoff Advancement: After the 8 alliances duke it out one will eventually win and advance to the next playoff round, the amount of rounds based on how long the generation lasts, So if we have 32 worlds before a generation ends that makes 4 playoff worlds total, so 32 teams start out in their quest for the championship, Now starting on 4 it would go in a bracket style tournament and they would go on to face the next world in the bracket going 4-2-1 in terms of worlds. We would catch as 32 teams quickly turned into 2 teams. The winner of the final world would be given the championship of Grepolis for that generation.

Diplomacy: While it is possible to NAP and Ally like always they aren't meant to last meaning they will be forced to fight long term.

Mergers: To combat long term inactivity mergers are possible like always this can be applied once an alliance is either defeated or if neither side wants the other to lose so long as they meet the 250 player cap. (Anti Climatic as it sounds it does happen)

Splinter alliances and lone wolfs: Like any other world someone or a group of people will get fed up and leave. Maybe they'll create a splinter alliance or be a free agent to be recruited. Either way this is possible like in normal worlds. However they will only count as a major world power if they hit the minimum point marker.

Starting Conditions: Instead of the regular start everyone starts with 3 cities like the hero world for the sake of prolonging the game for a little bit. Beginners protection would be 7 days to solidify the holds and develop a general strategy. The player may pick his or her direction but should coordinate with the alliance before doing so.

Victory Conditions: Be the last alliance over 400k points standing (this number is changeable if demanded). If by 8 months time no alliance has declared supremacy and knocked the major teams out then world wonders will come out to finish the game up.

Awards: Like the hero world in order to advance you'll need a badge. Each playoff win you get gives you a different badge. Each badge would get better and better as you got farther and farther into the playoffs. (I'll leave the designs up to those with creativity haha). You each badge to enter the next world. The championship badge would be for show only.

The World Winning Crown: As a side suggestion and to make it a little more flashy the crown you get on your profile upon winning a world also gets better decorated. Maybe more jewels and a little bigger. ;D

Forum Recognition:
1. At the top of every generation in the forums would be a championship section. This thread would include the ultimate champion alliance name, the names of their founders and leaders, as well as the finishing active roster. There would also be a section for the runner ups in the same format. Beneath that would be all the playoff contenders alliance names finishing in their areas of achievement. So if they finished in semi finals they would be listed under a semi finals, and qualifier section for recognition.

Visual Aids:

1.Forum recognition format:

Champion
Alliance A
Leaders
Nodcrush
Forseti
Hassan Al-Sabbah
Players
Finton, Paddir, Murtius, Grewindow, Creghan, (Add more here)

Runner- Up
Alliance B
Leaders
Annabell
Volsung
Exploro
Players
Sassy-Thang, Robynn44, Nandil, Chrss2128, Phoenix Xavior (Add more here)

Semi Finalists
Alliance C
Alliance D

Playoff Qualifiers
Alliance E-Z + 14 others roughly

(Names were used just off what I could think of and mean nothing)

Will ask for people to design possible image ideas for the badges and crown and link them.

Balance:
Obviously this will change the game and the badges will need to be added as well as new world types. Outside of that there should be no real changes in terms of game play aside from the badges.

Abuse Prevention:
The 250 alliance cap prevents mass merging to win a world. The badges can only be given to the world winners to prevent any outsiders from getting in.

Summary:
So in short this is to add a new thing to look forward to in the game. Also add hopefully more competition to the game. Plus if Inno is going to flood each generation with a ridiculous amount of new worlds we may as well get something fun out of it. :)

If anyone wants to suggest how to make this idea better feel free to do so. Specifically the minimum point marker for being considered a world power.

Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So your idea of the best players in the world are the ones who built the wonders first? (i.e. the best simmers)

DeletedUser

Some problems to list:
1) Informal pacts.
2) 'Do not attack' lists for players that cannot be invited.
3) I've already listed the issues with alliances that cannot let players leave. Have one bad member (newb/spy/terrible player or leader) and it's all over.
4) Considering many premades I've seen tend to stuff up what time and day to start a server, restarting would be useful for these members to get back to their respective oceans. Also, why not have the regular spawning method where they start in the core; based on a direction?
5) 5 days to start the world and then it's closed? I can understand that you don't want outsiders complicating this idea, but this might also make purchasing premium less feasible if the game will ultimately be too short.

As for the rest; it seems interesting, but I'm neutral on this.

DeletedUser

This idea has potential. I think it should be more like a knockout tournament... 16 alliances enter, each pair is given a world. (For example, Alliance A, and Alliance B, get put in Winners World, Sub-world 1, Alliance C and D go in Winner World, Sub-world 2 etc etc. When one alliance has 3 times the points of the other (time limit to starting the counter, like with the world wonders but a shorter time), then the winning alliance moves on. When the winner from the other pair is announced, for example team A wins its world, and team C wins its world, they then generate a third world and begin the second round. Of course, the more teams you have the more complicated it gets.

If there's 8, you'd have this:

--Round One--

-Alliance Battle World-

~Sub-world One~
Alliance A [Wins]
Alliance B

~Sub-world Two~
Alliance C [Wins]
Alliance D

~Sub-world Three~
Alliance E [Wins]
Alliance F

~Sub-world Four~
Alliance G [Wins]
Alliance H

--Round Two--

~Sub-world Five~
Alliance A [Wins]
Alliance C

~Sub-world Six~
Alliance E [Wins]
Alliance G

--Round Three--

~Sub-world Seven [Final]~
Alliance A [Wins]
Alliance E

Alliance A is crowned victorious, the Winners World is archived, the sub-worlds deleted.

I'm not saying I completely agree with this idea, but like I said, it has potential for other things.

DeletedUser8396

honestly, I thought I wouldnt like this.

I would only do a 1 v 1 match between 2 alliances (make sure the alliance cap is around the same)

+rep you for idea

DeletedUser5554

@chrsss the worlds were made to be won right? so i think im missing the point and as an overall alliance id say the best alliance with the best plan wins hence evo who will probably win omicron they came in there with a plan and executed perfectly therefore they should win and having been there they definently dont sim.

@horus
1.informal pacts i guess would slow it down but overall they would have to be broken at somepoint in a qaud meet. Duel meets wont have this problem.
2. good point
3. good point though i doubt a player in the winning alliance that has no chance of defecting would do that
4. they would have normal directions, they just can't respawn so the fight can end...its like how if you get knocked out in a MMA/boxing fight you can't just wake up and resume your bout :)
5. thats why i want increased speeds so premium might not be needed as much.

@kanga thats how i was thinking it too though there may be a few more or less than 16 :) also it would be a ranking/bracket system so if alliance "A" was ranked 1st and alliance "E" was ranked 2nd they would be on opposite ends of the bracket to produce the best and fairest final fight.

@ a pebble there wouldn't be a cap unless everyone wanted one for some reason then i could live with lets say a "Varsity" team in the winner world of 60-80 max :)

also horus if you're reading this care to share some possible solutions to your potential problems? I'd love to get some feedback to make the idea better :)

DeletedUser8396

@ a pebble there wouldn't be a cap unless everyone wanted one for some reason then i could live with lets say a "Varsity" team in the winner world of 60-80 max :)

No, what I meant was:

Sigma has a 88 alliance cap. And I know this is wrong, but I dont care; and Mu has a 150 player alliance cap.

Lets say the winner alliances were full. Given your "whoever is conquered first loses" type of win, Mu has a HUGE advantage.

What I meant is, Lets have an alliance cap of sigma (88) go against an alliance cap of something similar (80-95)

DeletedUser5554

thats what i ment by varsity...but mu would be at a disadvantge with communication problems and a maxed out alliance. its generally a rule of thumb in grepolis that 20-90 is acceptable for a good alliance this depends on morale aswell.

DeletedUser8396

thats what i ment by varsity...but mu would be at a disadvantge with communication problems and a maxed out alliance. its generally a rule of thumb in grepolis that 20-90 is acceptable for a good alliance this depends on morale aswell.

Im sorry, but I am most certain people would agree that the alliance with 150 players would inevitably win against 88, considering the players skill is the same. The inbalance with the two worlds would cause a distorted outcome.

Please explain your "Varsity Plan" more because I am not sure I understand it.

DeletedUser

@chrsss the worlds were made to be won right? so i think im missing the point and as an overall alliance id say the best alliance with the best plan wins hence evo who will probably win omicron they came in there with a plan and executed perfectly therefore they should win and having been there they definently dont sim.
They may have "won" the world by building 4 out of 7 wonders, but my point with my last post was building a few structures isn't really a display of competence in itself. Personally I think the criteria to "win" should have involved holding the four wonders at level 10 for a few months. But there are many other competent players and alliances, and some who may even be better than the winners.

As for your example, you can't take one instance and claim its applicable across every world.

DeletedUser5554

True but the winners of a world i feel earn more than a badge they can earn in a few weeks to a month and a half of playing that allows them to enter a world that everyone can enter. this is why i suggested rankings and bracket seedings if a team you feel shouldn't be there gets in it can be put in a bad seed and forced to fight #1 in round 1 making it prove itself or die. bad teams get shots at greatness sometimes i mean lets be honest how many superbowls have you seen with a underdog team? or if you don't watch american football how many different sports championships have you seen with an underdog team? :)

so yes your right a bad team might get in...but at the end of the day they still earned a playoff shot after months/years of work to survive and construct wonders. imo i do agree with holding them too but that would drag the world out i guess.

DeletedUser

so yes your right a bad team might get in...but at the end of the day they still earned a playoff shot after months/years of work to survive and construct wonders. imo i do agree with holding them too but that would drag the world out i guess.

It will drag it out, but consider people were playing this game even when there was no "endgame." So I feel dragging out the world is a non-issue. And it would help insure the "winners" are truly worthy of the title. Not that they are just good at simming, but good at attacking and defending as well.

DeletedUser5554

i noticed gamma took a year to fall out of the high thousands/10000's :) and like i said whatever happens happens i mean a few fighting alliances will go to the tournament a few decent ones will get in and a few horrible ones will get it...like an NFL playoff :) i mean you can't lie how much would you love the sim teams being made fools out of in a real fight? ;D

DeletedUser5554

so when can this be voted on? or will it not be voted on?

DeletedUser8396

It doesnt have the minimum requirements

Phoenixavier said:
Minimum Requirements
The idea needs to have at least 2 of the following.
Needs to have at least 150 views.
Needs to have at least 40 posts.
The original poster has to maintain their idea and make sure suggestion to improve it are reflected in the OP.
The thread rating must have 4 stars or more, and 25 people or more.

DeletedUser14492

I think this idea has some merit. It is in actual fact closer to what I expected Hero worlds to be like... i.e the best of different worlds facing off against each other (sadly they didnt quite work out like that).

So if there was an official way to have alliances face off in a world I would be interested to see this.

The issue of different alliance caps would have to be dealt with, but I suppose at a basic level one solution is you set the alliance cap low, and a bigger alliance just has to chose who they invite, founders can take this responsibility.

Anyhoo, just dropping past to lend my support to the basic premis of the idea, if not the actual execution. There is merit in something like this, I hope Inno will see this.

Ev

DeletedUser5554

thanks for the info :)

and the cap has now been adjusted in the main post :)

DeletedUser5554

thank you but its still about them lions and suhsqaud (;

Status
Not open for further replies.