Development Winners world

• Thread starter DeletedUser5554
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27700

Well, I have honestly not read the previous comments, so please excuse my ignorance. Here are my two cents;

Firstly, the alliance cap. Its too high. For the best of the best you don't need 250 people. I think between 75 to 150 would be more appropriate.

Secondly would be Speed 4. I know its faster than what we normally do, but if you are doing 8 worlds back to back it is too slow. It would take several months to finish each one, and I think people would get bored with doing it 8 times in succession.

Third is a common problem with grepo, but it is magnified through this. The fact that after every world you loose every bit of progress (and Gold) that you have spent for the previous world. People will spend gobs of money on this (yay for Inno) but it is unsustainable to spend that much to get built up to the point you no longer need it, then loose it all only to repeat the process.

Fourth and finally, the loosers of each round.
In most tournaments, especially this size, the people who loose stick around to find out who wins instead. Grepo is the exact opposite of a spectator sport, but I think there should be some way to reliably keep track of who is ahead.

So there is my Opinion, but I really would like to see this work. Its a great Idea, just has kinks to work through. Good luck Nodcrush :D

DeletedUser5554

All past comments are based on a very old idea for this and are out dated anyways haha just FYI the old idea probably was less well put together.

1.I put 250 for the sake of the possible MRA that slips in. Some people can make an MRA work surprisingly. The other reason being because activity is key for the long haul so a merger may happen to keep an active roster in a set of declining options. But yes the cap is obviously high and negotiable I could agree to 125-150 personally.

2. The reason it's slower is so there's something to do in between remember were talking 3 or 4 initial playoff worlds. If it's a very fast game then more people will quit because of waiting for others to finish up. However once the first round completes I would be for increasing the speed to a suggested one. Personally I think 5 would have been a good original idea but I didn't know if anyone would go for it or if the world would finish too quickly.

3. What if you held the badge for these worlds the gold would transfer to the next world? Is it possible for Inno to allow something like this?

4. Any idea's what this would be? Perhaps an external forum slot and grepostats? Or possibly a better idea? :)

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it a lot. :D

DeletedUser

I can see this working in threeways:

A) You can have 8 alliances; two for each direction. Instead of filling out from the core, the cores will be center of that direction. For example: Alliance A & B go NW. They will spawn from O22.

B) Allowing accounts to move hands, for example if someone goes inactive. System can offer accounts to reserve players.

C) Having some already built large cities in place.

DeletedUser5554

A) I can see that working out but kind of in a seeding system for instance the 1st seed and the 8th seed end up in o-65, the 2nd seed and the 7th seed end up in o-45, the 3rd and 6th in o-54, and 4th and 5th in o-56. But the problem being that O-55 is vacant which I don't think people would go for.

B) This can be done through friends on other worlds if need be but I don't think a reservation system is great either you advanced or didn't.

C) This could solve the 55 problem but with everyone starting with 3 cities it wouldn't take long for them to build up.

DeletedUser

Id be keen to give something like this a go once a final draft is done.

DeletedUser

CHRIS your a spy, why would anyone listen to anything you have to say? Good, bad or indifferent...

DeletedUser5554

Thanks guys glad to hear it. :D as for the final draft answer the key issues Icedragon brought up! What would a fair alliance cap be? Keep in mind while someone works with 40 another works with 100 and both can be successful also keep long term activity in mind. :)

Is 150 fair?

Is 5 speed better?

(Tyrion only) will gold be transferable for the playoffs?

DeletedUser

Ummm what about the speed one worlds? Quite a few players in the top speed 1 world alliances will not nessesarily have time for a speed 4, which is why they joined a speed 1 in the first place. Why should they suffer for the active faster world players??

Other than that i think it sounds great :)

DeletedUser5554

Overall I think they'd still try for it mostly. If not the higher cap allows for one of the 8 to still break down early on and join another team. But I think more players prefer higher speed worlds than lower speed worlds then join lower speed worlds as a back up for the most part. Considering Delos alone dropped from 20k to about 10k remarkably fast after a new 2 speed world came out.

However over all I don't see the playoff contenders wanting to spend a total of just under 6 years playing for the championship regardless of world preference.

DeletedUser

I really like this idea. The Hero Wolds have indeed failed their purpose, imo. This would probably work out a lot better.

About the alliances having different sizes and about where to place these alliances, you might want to put an alliance with 150 members in the middle of the world and alliances with, for example 88, on the sides of the world. A bigger alliance will be surrounded, but can take blows easier.

Another idea might be to give players in smaller alliances more cities when the world starts.

DeletedUser

But what do you do if an alliance exceeding 150 members wins the world? Take the top 150 players? Or split the alliance in two and run the extra risk of informal allies?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

We are trying to find a fair alliance cap here. So there is no way a bigger alliance could win, because you cant form a bigger alliance.

DeletedUser14492

Alliance cap of 150 seems good.

Re what happens when a larger alliance has to fit into the 150 cap... I think that the founders should receive 150 invites to distribute as they wish, its then up to them to decide who from their large alliance gets into the 150 cap. I also think not everyone from the orginal alliance is likely to move over so it should work fine.

World speed should be whatever the Inno medium setting is, those who play faster would have to slow down a bit and those who play slower would have to speed up a bit, this seems fairest.

Ev

DeletedUser5554

150 it is and the alliance may chose its roster if its over 150.

DeletedUser

Hey Guys ~

Just letting everyone know...I understand that this is a world setting(s) type of idea; however, I will be giving this thread to phoenix to decide on. For now it will remain open.

Let's keep it on-topic and within the rules as we are doing now! Thank you all! :)

~ Ideas Team

DeletedUser5554

Thanks Lane <3 if its outside of the rules is it possible for Pheonix to message me before closing it to discuss about possible changes needed to keep it open?

DeletedUser

If I'm reading the first and last page correctly it's all in order nod lol. Seriously though I would like to jump in here and say I would give something like this a go.

I'm still a noob to grep compared to almost all of you guys but it already seems to me like the idea of Hero worlds is kind of broken. Almost anyone can get into them it seems to me and other people.

A "World Cup" kind of world would be pretty cool imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.