Development Winners world

• Thread starter DeletedUser5554
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well, like someone else (dimi2000) already mentioned, you can of course give smaller alliances more city slots to start with.

DeletedUser

Antoher suggestion.... What if you made it with no premiums. I know this sounds crazy but this will show who has the skill and intellect and who is just hiding behind the gold.

DeletedUser19042

Antoher suggestion.... What if you made it with no premiums. I know this sounds crazy but this will show who has the skill and intellect and who is just hiding behind the gold.

Repped you for that. Good point

DeletedUser

I think it would be fun that way. We all know who the "greats" of the game are but how many of those "greats" are so used to gold that if you took it away would they be that great?

DeletedUser

ok here are my 2 cents . . .

although new world ideas are on the DNS list, we have let this one run its course and see how it turned out. i dont think that a world such as this would ever be made, for the following reasons:

1) hero worlds are a simpler form of this idea, and they are hardly as popular as they were expected to be. you could argue that its because they arent that much different from the regular worlds, and everyone is pretty much able to enter. however with this new world idea, there are some other things added, which takes me to...

2) creating a new world with new features like this "tournament" you are talking about, is going to be difficult. it also brings into question, what happens if someone plays an account on 2 diff worlds that both go to this new world, what alliance do they play as.

3) also since the regular worlds are only decided by those that build the world wonders the fastest, who is to say that an actual "battle" will happen ? it could just be again decided on who builds the WWs the fastest again.

with all that said, its not a realle bad idea. i think it has potential to being something that could realle do good for the players in terms of battle skill, but it needs to be a little more specific. some players might have excellent defensive skill and just be turtling till 8 months have gone by to sim up the WW. it can still go to vote, but i want it to be polished just a little more.

moved to developments

DeletedUser31931

A good idea. The problem is that so few members of winning alliances remain playing grepolis.

DeletedUser31931

Another suggestion.... What if you made it with no premiums. I know this sounds crazy but this will show who has the skill and intellect and who is just hiding behind the gold.
And hope that InnoGames goes along with this and agrees to pay crazy amounts of money keeping the world going in exchange for no payout? Great idea (major sarcasm)

DeletedUser5554

@ Josh i'd love to see everyone put on the same level be without premiums or inno giving everyone at least the admin, commander, captain, priestess, and the merchant to everyone. However we do have to be fair and understand that Innogames is a business there go it probably can't afford to just make a world and not get a return out of it.

although new world ideas are on the DNS list, we have let this one run its course and see how it turned out. i dont think that a world such as this would ever be made, for the following reasons:

1) hero worlds are a simpler form of this idea, and they are hardly as popular as they were expected to be. you could argue that its because they arent that much different from the regular worlds, and everyone is pretty much able to enter. however with this new world idea, there are some other things added, which takes me to...

2) creating a new world with new features like this "tournament" you are talking about, is going to be difficult. it also brings into question, what happens if someone plays an account on 2 diff worlds that both go to this new world, what alliance do they play as.

3) also since the regular worlds are only decided by those that build the world wonders the fastest, who is to say that an actual "battle" will happen ? it could just be again decided on who builds the WWs the fastest again.

with all that said, its not a realle bad idea. i think it has potential to being something that could realle do good for the players in terms of battle skill, but it needs to be a little more specific. some players might have excellent defensive skill and just be turtling till 8 months have gone by to sim up the WW. it can still go to vote, but i want it to be polished just a little more.

moved to developments

You're questions are all good points and here's my replies.

1. Having played on hero worlds I can say that the reason why hero worlds were total busts is because there wasn't a competitive edge. Everyone thought it was going to be the world winning alliances pitted against each other...After all that was the point of totally changing the game mechanics to include wonders was it not? Then HTBs (Heroic Tactician Badges) came out making this available to everyone. Well why compete in a "elite world" that's not so elite?

2. I think despite it being difficult could spice up grepolis and make it more competitive long term. I mean does everyone watch every game of baseball? Probably there's 162 of those things. Will everyone watch the playoffs and World Series? Absolutely. As for the person on multiple worlds I think the chances of having a guy stay with two alliances for the long run in two worlds wouldn't happen very often if at all. I don't think someone's done it in a single generation even. However I assume if someone has or does pull it off then it should obviously come down to the player's choice. They can't have both and we can't just restrict him or her because of their success. I see nothing wrong with a player making it that far and being able to choose which team to play for at that point. I would also say that worst case scenario you could always put the two teams on the opposite sides of the bracket so they wouldn't play each other until the finals. This would seriously cut the player's chances of being forced to make such a choice.

3. Is a seriously interesting point but can you think of any other endgame? The reason I didn't really touch the endgame and try to make some grand change to it is because ultimately there really isn't anything we could do that wouldn't stalemate the teams I suppose. So at the end of the day WW would be the best option for such an event. Fighting would have to take place in order to grow and shut down other teams from making the WW.

@tusc2010: I understand your concern about the players staying around. Hence why I thought of this. If you give them something to play for even if it is long term then you can keep them longer. I've kept some people playing with the promise of championships, the hero world, etc.

Phoenix how do these sound? Is there anything I can touch up on?

DeletedUser18132

moved to developments
although new world ideas are on the DNS list, we have let this one run its course and see how it turned out.

^

DeletedUser33530

Benefit of the doubt? This should have been closed but Phoenix liked the idea. He even said "although new world ideas are on the DNS list, we have let this one run its course and see how it turned out." That's admitting it should be closed.

Anyway I think the idea has potienal but given that hero worlds failed I don't think inno will try this out even though hero worlds only failed cause of inno's stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

Both for DNS and the above post's acurate hero world point, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.