Winter Grepolympia 2021 Feedback Thread

DeletedUser41523

I actually use the ships tbh. Especially birs if LS breaks happen.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Update on the defensive buff and whether it applies to sieges. We've received reports it is showing up as an active buff during sieges so at the moment the buff is effecting sieges. I will find out in the morning if this is the intent or if it is a bug.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Update on the defensive buff and whether it applies to sieges. We've received reports it is showing up as an active buff during sieges so at the moment the buff is effecting sieges. I will find out in the morning if this is the intent or if it is a bug.

well its tuesday, you might as well keep it active for this event and fix it in the meantime for the next year.

Darth Akula

Lochagos

Get rid of the grepolympia events and replace them with an event that's useful to where players don't have to weaken themselves (and the alliance either) in order to play the event(s) by sacrificing units in order to play it. Keep events simple and worth playing in it's design and the rewards/awards given. Sparta vs Hades, the Advent Wheel (that you guys took away for whatever seriously poor reason), the clay jar breaking, and the "shoot the invading troops" events are ALL amazing events that yield great rewards/awards, easy to play and understand, and don't weaken anyone. Those are worth playing

Shuri2060

Strategos

Get rid of the grepolympia events and replace them with an event that's useful to where players don't have to weaken themselves (and the alliance either) in order to play the event(s) by sacrificing units in order to play it. Keep events simple and worth playing in it's design and the rewards/awards given. Sparta vs Hades, the Advent Wheel (that you guys took away for whatever seriously poor reason), the clay jar breaking, and the "shoot the invading troops" events are ALL amazing events that yield great rewards/awards, easy to play and understand, and don't weaken anyone. Those are worth playing
Think I disagree. The shooting/wheel ones are very boring, no skill, just rng. At least Olympia has some skill requirement.

And don't agree with 'weakening' sentiment - if anything, a balance is a good thing, although this specific implementation hurts smaller player more.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41523

I don’t think it really weakens you or your alliance. You could sacrifice dlu, slings, or myths off the event to raise your athlete level and boost your alliance. If you’re not competing for a top 3 spot then you can just keep the units and stop training once you hit max laurels. The buffs strengthen your alliance. And if your alliance can’t compete then you can hoard personal rewards.

Only gripe I’d have is that the merchant should be replaced for something like faster training times.