WoE What's going on?

DeletedUser

Given they were getting hit a lot and then they gave up and quit but its not the only reason. Im sorry if I'm getting confused but if quitting and closing their account arent the same thing I will correct that but as far as I know its the same thing.

The distinction I make is that leaving because of real life issues is one thing. Quitting because you fear you are targeted for systematic elimination is another.

I'm not speaking for War Machine, or any other alliance. My views only reflect what I saw and heard from ocean 54. Those guys that joined WoE were refugees and should have been kicked. Many players in O54 (including war machine) had claims on those guys. And, they kept pushing it. They were breaking sieges (intentionally), spreading in the direction you said they would not, and sending disrespectful messages (to war machine included). They were begging for what came to them. Basically, they said... if you don't like it them come get my whole alliance (I believe the exact wording is "I have friends that would be more than happy to target you").

If they were kicked and finished off as refugees there wouldn't have been any issue. I think the mistrust was due to the perception that they were being harbored (which they perpetuated as well).

I'm not sure how it turned into all-out war. Those players in their fashion, start wars and jump ship. Legion*, for example has done that 3 times already. With The Gathering, .W.T.F.R., and with WoE.

I really don't see any bad guys here. I believe Derek when he says there were no plans to go into 54. I also do not believe War Machine was the dastardly villain that saw an opportunity and took it. I think it was just these few crappy players stirring the same old pot then running away as usual, and 2 alliances got caught up into it. But, then again, what do I know...

DeletedUser

Legion/Belona I know were busy with RL, they completely quit and in a pretty abrupt fashion too, that left us no time to organise any takers so it was basically free for all. I was quite busy with RL too but I told the grepo mods about it and I gave the account away with passwords changed and all so I couldn't access it, but now I'm back to my old level of activity, Legion/Belona and the few others could've given their account away legally like I did but unfortunately they didn't, and as they had grudges with Dushans in the past, and the Dushans were lucky enough to discover them being inactive, that helped to make Dushan look as if they had the edge against our players.

As for War Machine, I don't blame its members, in the past we've had diplomatic talks with them, however, due to either language barriers between the leaders/other communications inefficiencies, each of WM's leaders had their own ideas and solutions towards the pact with WoE. and yes it was mainly the few players who stirred things up, namely Dentheman, who has been demanding Keani to give him cities ever since he joined WoE. There was a key issue that WM has missed, that being the accusation of refugees. Before The Gathering and W.T.F.R broke down, WM was one of the several potential forces in O54, after TG and W.T.F.R broke down, WM recruited a huge portion of both alliances' members, the left over TG's and W.T.F.R's who didn't join either Kitten Smashers or War Machine therefore became refugees. I was quite puzzled by their way of thinking -> 2 refugees, if 1 of them joined WM they weren't a refugee anymore but if they joined WoE they became a refugee who must be eliminated.

That was the main argument that sparked the whole conflict in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Refugees are always difficult. To me, it's easy. If they are good enough for you to take into your alliance, then they are good enough for anyone to take. Amnesty is an important part of ending a war. There's only a select few true villains (like the leaders that shoot their mouth off) that really can never be granted amnesty. I believe (my personal opinion, again) that you only become a refugee if one of these are true:

1) You want to go down with the ship.
2) You are one of the ones (like legion) that shoot your mouth off and make it very hard for anyone to forgive your disrespect.
3) You started the whole war by being a jerk.
4) You refuse to let the baggage die with your old alliance.

It's funny. I had this same conversation with Legion regarding refugees. The same point you are making is one that I was trying to make to him. It makes sense to me. But, as I mentioned earlier, you have to understand that he wasn't speaking the same language to people in ocean 54 that you are. You couldn't have a civilized conversation with the guy. It degraded to insults and threats with smiley faces.

He started the war with .W.T.F.R. and a big part of the TG problem before that. That's what got them on the list. I think they were legitimate refugees. If a diplomat of an alliances says "we're at war come get me", makes personal enemies, then runs isn't he a refugee? He ran before the first shot even had a chance to get off. All the while in your alliance he was thumbing his nose at his pact buddies.

It kind of reminds me of that scene in the hangover when they are in the police dept and that fat kid takes a pic of Alan, who kicks the phone out of the kids hand then sticks his tongue out at him. Then, later gets tazed. It's karma.

I don't believe all the guys that joined WoE were thought of as refugees specifically. When Legion rounded up a posse and headed over to WoE, I think all of those guys kind of got lumped together. It looked like they were all in cahoots to pull a fast one as is Legion's idiom. There were maybe 4 I would say fell into the list of refugees. The rest were in the car that robbed the bank.

The best analogy I can give you is that assume that you had Black Watch in your ocean and you are at war (perhaps one you are winning substantially). One day a few of leaders (especially ones you knew from Epsilon, or real trouble-makers) left and joined a pacted alliance, and took with them some others you didn't know. They continued to cause you trouble, break the rules, and make you feel like you are being played. You contact the pacted alliance, and they just shrug. So, then you get into a war with your pacted alliance, and those players quit. That's what it feels like. This could totally have been avoided.

DeletedUser

This could totally have been avoided.

We don't mind to be honest. The only thing we minded was WM not voicing these concerns at the time. I mean we were upfront about everything, we told them we wanted to help, we told them our intension of recruiting a select few players.

Then 2 weeks later WM use that reason as the reason for the war to start lol. They asked every alliance surrounding them including kitten smashers to join in on this war.

But come on kitten smashers. A 24 hour cs now? Lol

I mean we don't mind, it's not like a 24 hour cs has ever worked so what are you guys doing?

DeletedUser

We don't mind to be honest. The only thing we minded was WM not voicing these concerns at the time. I mean we were upfront about everything, we told them we wanted to help, we told them our intension of recruiting a select few players.

Then 2 weeks later WM use that reason as the reason for the war to start lol. They asked every alliance surrounding them including kitten smashers to join in on this war.

I mean we don't mind, it's not like a 24 hour cs has ever worked so what are you guys doing?

As far as i remember this, we came very late in this young war. I had been on vacation when we declared war against you, but i do think, that Bucking Frutal, Dushan, and Kitten Smashers declared the wat before us. I may be wrong, don't accuse if it is so. But please, do correct me if i am wrong.

DeletedUser

As far as i remember this, we came very late in this young war. I had been on vacation when we declared war against you, but i do think, that Bucking Frutal, Dushan, and Kitten Smashers declared the wat before us. I may be wrong, don't accuse if it is so. But please, do correct me if i am wrong.

For Bucking Frutal, they'll fight whoever has Keani lol, the Dushans are just up themselves, apart from their 2 leaders who are extremely active, their other members can't even attack properly.

with War Machine, I believe you're not part of the leadership, which means you would have had no idea about the whole situation til when your leaders ordered you guys to send us your first CS, leadership and the rest of the alliance seem to be completed separated in WM

DeletedUser

As i said, i was on Vacation that time, so i really am not sure how things were evolving. When i came back, you guys were red. But hey, that suits me, more cities to grab!

DeletedUser

Do we have a Dushan represent here? Just wanna tell them while their leaders are doing well because of timezone differences, their other big players are pretty pathetic. A cs attack on me without ls strikes before it, really? I lost 218 bp, gained 2200 bp, up your game please.

As for wm after you guys lost 2.5k ls on our siege yesterday it's as if you guys just pressed the mute button, if you can't wait to gain more cities better work for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do we have a Dushan represent here? Just wanna tell them while their leaders are doing well because of timezone differences, their other big players are pretty pathetic. A cs attack on me without ls strikes before it, really? I lost 218 bp, gained 2200 bp, up your game please.

I am Dushan, and honestly, I have not attacked much. Have mostly been supporting my alliance members. Almost all WoE players are 10 hours away by ls, and even farther for cs or transport. So really you can not pass judgement on all players. I am also extremely active as well. Like I said though, most of my time and resources have been going to defensive means as support. :)

People help in different ways my friend.

DeletedUser

Yea I can see that, all of llalicc and ljuba's cities are stacked so they're pretty much using all of Dushan's resources for their own gains. The cs by guizmoo that failed hardly had any support, just 400 something biremes and a few hundred land troops. For a 170k player that was either a poor effort or his troops were tied up on your leaders. Dunno if he seriously thought I'd leave a city deep in O54 unguarded

DeletedUser

o_O war......
just going to ask....... why are you going to make woe stronger........why???

DeletedUser

cause its stupid...... why do i want people to have more slots then me!!!
lol about that post about the 206bp for that 2k points..... thats what i mean....... not fair lol

DeletedUser

lol I just have good luck that the Dushans hitting me are noobs :p

Here is some questions for you WoE players.

1. If we are using advantages of time zones why do you not do it? Maybe you have no time zone, only twilight zone?
2. If our alliance has only two active players isn't it a shame for you to loose so many cities from those two players?
3. If we were lucky to take cities of inactive players, does it means that keani, blackrob and others are also inactive?
4. Are you playing this world without supporting their front line?

DeletedUser4672

Here is some questions for you WoE players.

1. If we are using advantages of time zones why do you not do it? Maybe you have no time zone, only twilight zone?
2. If our alliance has only two active players isn't it a shame for you to loose so many cities from those two players?
3. If we were lucky to take cities of inactive players, does it means that keani, blackrob and others are also inactive?
4. Are you playing this world without supporting their front line?

1. we are using the advantages yet your players clearly wont admit it
2.do you forget you aint playing 1 vs 1 its like 900 vs 100
3.idiot you sent what 9 cs at him(keani) and we lost maybe 2(dont quote me on this cause its a rough guess btw)
4.front lines hello they are supported
5.tell your damn player to stop sending slingers and ls as defence your hurting our eyes with your idiocracy

DeletedUser

Inight. There is a thing called real life which llalicc and ljuba clearly lack being online 20 hours a day. we're playing a game, whereas your leaders are living their lives on grepo, there is a difference. I admit I'm a bit of an addict too, do you see me losing any cities? No. And No I'm not being supported by my alliance even though I'm on the frontline. We have 6 major alliances fighting us and I don't like other people supporting me other than for conquests. You guys don't have 6 of the top 10 fighting you guys do you? So stop comparing WoE and Dushans like we're equals. As I said my lonely o54 city has been in your territory for almost a month, with the last CS on it being just purely pathetic. My respect for players and alliances are purely linked to how well they fight, right now I have none for you. Take a city from me first if you can

DeletedUser4577

Thats what a lot of players/alliances are forgetting here in this situation. WoE is fighting some top ranked alliances and were doing well.
How many others could be in the same situation and come out as well as we are? If you want to say your a great alliances please remember how many others have joined up with you or what the exact situation is.

I will comment more later when I have time - RL calls. ;)

DeletedUser

Have no clue who that was, but bless his little soul for trying. Hah.

As far as our participation is concerned (KS) We were not asked to join by anyone. As Angelok has appropriately outlined in previous statements, a taunting message and unwilling to adhere to the requests to not Conquest in 54 (Of course unless moving South) does not appear innocent by any means. For us to sit idle while our Allies/Friends are Attacked under false guise (Or for any matter) would be an absolute poor representation of what an Ally truly is. We will fight for them tooth and nail, as they have for us.