Women in Nu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Since March is "Women's History Month" I think the women of Nu should come out of the closet and post something about who they are and why they are playing. I know there are a few

We could also discuss gender differences in the appeal and play of on line strategy games.

Why are there so few women (my guess is less than 10%) who play. Does Grepolis need to engage in affirmative action?

Is there some correlation with general interest of women (even in 2011) in the physical sciences?

Do women generally have a different strategy in their approach?

For starters I'm female, married old enough to have kids in college. In real life I'm and MD and I do medical research.

I joined out of curiosity thinking there was no way the game would sustain my interest. I continue to play because it's a great diversion from the demands of my real life job. The interpersonal interactions in my alliance are fun. Also I like to multi-task so I can do this while watching the depressing world new or listening to even more depressing talking head analysis of the real world.

Cheers.

DeletedUser

Sapphire Sorrows, and the whole of Sugar and Spice, ladasha, XxMaidenxX, Betsy, Priscilla etc...

DeletedUser

Gals in Grepo

I am a 39yr old female Grepo player from Australia. I have been playing neaarly 12 months & am surviving in Alpha. I am not an aggressive player, but like the challenge of defending myself and helping others. I enjoy the game and hope I'm still playing in another 12 months! ;)

No sig is sad I know...but I don't post...I'm a sandbagger sitting on the side!:p

DeletedUser

I am a 39yr old female Grepo player from Australia. I have been playing neaarly 12 months & am surviving in Alpha. I am not an aggressive player, but like the challenge of defending myself and helping others. I enjoy the game and hope I'm still playing in another 12 months! ;)

No sig is sad I know...but I don't post...I'm a sandbagger sitting on the side!:p

thanks for posting. there are a couple of women in Nu, not very many. If i had to guess I'd say less than 10% of players are women.

DeletedUser

I play on Nu. I've come across a few other female players on Nu, but they aren't very obvious.

DeletedUser

I am 39 years old as well. I have two girls who are 19 and 9 years old.

Professionally, I worked in forensic accounting until I decided I'd rather poke my eyes out with a dull rusty fork then to continue in that field. I loved ferreting out who hid how much money where and when, proving they weren't as smart as they thought they were, but the auditing would bore a corpse.

Now I work with dogs doing training for law enforcement & detection work as well as running my own dog related business and I am much happier for it.

Nothing beats getting to play cops & robbers in urban or rural training environments with dogs, shooting at pretend bad guys and sending a dog for a bite on the decoy. It's hard to have a bad day when there are half a dozen or so furry bodies who think you are the best thing in the world when you say, "Let's go".

I was drawn to Grepolis because I like war & strategy games, I am also a history geek. Then again, I am a military brat so I've been playing war games since I was in diapers if you listen to my father.

Grepolis has held my interest since December, which is rare for me, but then again, I don't really care for on-line games. I'm usually playing tactical paint ball, hunting with my dog, shooting some kind of weapon or doing historical reenactment events.

What intrigues me is that there are quite a number of women playing, but they don't say they are women or avoid the subject.

I've had interactions via message for months with players who did not equate my player name as a female so they were very surprised when I corrected them when they called me dude, man, boy or some other male title.

Or better yet, those who realized that I am a female after I've attacked them and send me messages that start with "R U rly a gurl" or better yet, "gurls shuddnt B meen."

DeletedUser16679

This is type of game it doesn't matter if you are male or female, and for the most part unless its obvious by a name no one knows the difference

DeletedUser

Hi Everyone

I have been playing since Dec as well. I just turned 24 and I like the strategy and tactics as well. I run the alliance Inclinata Resurgit. I actually have a few other girls in our alliance. A few quit when they were attacked and defeated. It has been a learning experience running an alliance. Not sure if I will ever do it again but it is a lot of fun. Is good to hear from y'all. :)

Tanya

DeletedUser

Hello Mara. I see another Death Legion member has started to use the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.