Wonder Building Strategies

DeletedUser4013

Ok, so I know that not everyone is pleased about the 2.0 Update, but since it was accepted by a majority of the players in the 1.26 Worlds, I wanted to see whether any players had begun to devise strategies for getting their Wonders built before the other alliances?

Are you going to build defensive cities on the Wonder Islands? Will you create resource powerhouses to devote to the building of them? Will you create more armies to prevent your enemies from building their Wonders? How would you go about becoming the Master of your World?

A lot of the information is still not finalized, but based on what is available, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Please keep it to this topic and not about why you hate the idea of the 2.0 Update. Thanks. :)

DeletedUser12512

my plan is to join every world and recruit players in the hopes of destroying world wonders so that this never takes place ;-p

whos with me ? ;-p

DeletedUser18132

Ummm... Good luck!

But then Inno would ban you from the game. :p

DeletedUser12512

Ummm... Good luck!

But then Inno would ban you from the game. :p

Don't be ridiculous, why would Inno ban me from the game for destroying world wonders? It is part of the game itself. I could play as the leader of a marauding band thats sole purpose is to 'protect the old way'.

Not that I would actually bother doing it, but it's a perfectly legitimate strategy.

DeletedUser

Hmmm I have been thinking to conquer other cities on islands that have WWs so i can ruin the hopes of alliances!

DeletedUser

A marauding band of vandals! That will liven things up a bit. Nice to see you have found a positive side to the change.

I envisage that all the cities on the wonder island should have a turtle strat. Surrounding islands would need to be mostly defensive cities with some attack cities in case any cities are lost. All cities in the ocean should be sending resources at least once a day. Further out cities would need to increase their markets to send as many resources as possible.

DeletedUser4013

So with this need for large amounts of resources being sent, can you see the need to build the Merchant Shop increasing? I think most would agree that it's not one of the more popular buildings since the Tower and Statue are more beneficial, and even the Oracle has more use than it.

DeletedUser17088

The best strategy would clearly not be to try to get world wonders. that would take too long and carry too many risks. The best strategy would be to annihilate everyone's Wonder island until they lose heart, then steal their women.

Then your monkey butlers could do the work.

Failing all that you could just Sim it big style, turtle up and spend res on a wonder. Repeat x4

DeletedUser12512

actually the best strategy is to let some other mook alliance do all the work after you have made the requirements for heroic tactician. Then all you have to do is sit back and watch them work for months to basically serve your benefit.

In the meantime you could hedge your bets by getting teh HT award on a few other older servers just for fun while you work on your campaign to get the hero world you will have the resource benefit from be the major destination spot for players from other worlds

DeletedUser

actually the best strategy is to let some other mook alliance do all the work after you have made the requirements for heroic tactician. Then all you have to do is sit back and watch them work for months to basically serve your benefit.

In the meantime you could hedge your bets by getting teh HT award on a few other older servers just for fun while you work on your campaign to get the hero world you will have the resource benefit from be the major destination spot for players from other worlds

Brilliant! :D

DeletedUser

I think that is the best idea ever!