Top 12 Wondering about the Wonders: let the wonderment commence

DeletedUser

The forums are (yet again) seeming a little quiet as of late. So I thought it wise to bring in a new topic for us all to talk, argue and banter about: the Wonders.

So, which alliances building wonders do you think have the right techniques?

Who do you think are going to build the first wonder?

Who is going to be the alliance that opens the gate to the gamma hero world?

Here is how the rankings currently look:

1 TheSithWhoStoleChristmas
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 8
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 8
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus 8
The Tomb of King Mausolus II at Halicarnassus 8
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 8

2 Fusion
The Tomb of King Mausolus II at Halicarnassus 1
The lighthouse on the island of Pharos at Alexandria 6
The Colossus of Rhodes 4
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus 7
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 5
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 6
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 7

3 The Borg
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 6
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 3
The Colossus of Rhodes 4
The lighthouse on the island of Pharos at Alexandria 4
The Tomb of King Mausolus II at Halicarnassus 3
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus 4
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 6

4 The Covenant
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 2
The Tomb of King Mausolus II at Halicarnassus 2
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 4
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 3
The Colossus of Rhodes 6

5 Praetorian Elite
The Tomb of King Mausolus II at Halicarnassus 3
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus 2
The lighthouse on the island of Pharos at Alexandria 8
The Colossus of Rhodes 7

6 The Illuminati
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 5
The Colossus of Rhodes 7
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 4

7 Killer Bunnies
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 3
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 2
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus 2
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 3

8 Satans Reindeer
The Colossus of Rhodes 2

9 Legion of Darkness
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 1
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 5

10 Knights of Honor
The lighthouse on the island of Pharos at Alexandria 3
The Colossus of Rhodes 2

11 BRAVO COMPANY
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 2
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 3

12 Dragon Force
The Statue of Zeus by Phidias in Olympia 1
The Hanging Gardens of Semiramis in Babylon 2
The Pyramids of Giza in Egypt 2

Let the discussions begin

DeletedUser

I guess I will start with my opinions.

Firstly, of the top 12 of alliance wonder progression, only five alliances look to be doing well. And this seems purely because of their size, Praetorian Elite, Covenant, Borg, Fusion and the Hugs all have four or more wonders with at least two level 6 or higher. However I do not see this being a close race at all.

Which alliance will build the first wonder? Now, before christmas I only saw two alliances in the running for this, Fusion and the Hugs. Both alliances were levelling up their Hanging Gardens of Babylon way ahead of all the contenders. And both got their wonders to level 7 just before the christmas protection kicked in. But when protection ended the hugs put a stop to their competition and took a city on Fusions wonder island making for some very lucrative BP. The only other alliance apart from hugs that look to be in the running to build a wonder first is Praetorian Elite. The only other alliance that currently has a level 8 wonder.

As for which alliance will finish the requirement to open the hero world first? It has to be the Hugs. No other alliance is even close.5 level 8 wonders, they are waaay ahead of the field and no one is even close to catching them now.

The Hugs may be ahead for three reasons, one their planning and organisation of the wonder construction? Two their size? or three (they have been accused of harbouring simmers and city builders in the past) the fact that simmers now have a key role to play!? But which is it?

What does everyone else think?

DeletedUser

Well i'd say hugs are winning cause they have a 20mil gap from the next alliance. The amount of cities hugs control (9067) and the next alliance fusion has (7602) cities. Those extra 1465cities really do give a giant boost to the hugs wonder creation and as such give them a huge advantage in this res race.

DeletedUser7213

Woah, Knights of Honour? Really. There is only 4 of us actually building.

DeletedUser

Damn it! these forum rules. I want to plus rep daz and tommy :( booooo
will give you some rep soon guys

ps will miss you daz

DeletedUser2140

The hugs are leading for two obvious reasons.

One which everyone has totally forgotten about.
It's an advantage they have had for a long time and only now is it more evident.

DISTANCE - They have always had the shortest distance for their support to travel other than their newest members from Deja Vu.
Now with the wonders they can ship resources faster than anyone else.

SIZE - Due to their newest members they have a 12 % advantage in size over Fusion. Now I'm no maths genius but that's big.

I do have to give them credit for getting 15k biremes into one wonder island city.

Congrats on that. That was well done.

But it's not over. It's like a boxing match they won round one on points.
I look forward to round two.

I have to give my admiration to my alliance for achieving all they have with none of the advantages that GHs have.

Further congrats to Innogames for turning a WARGAME into SIM CITY.

Excellent job.

Looking forward to 2012.

DeletedUser7213

I have to give my admiration to my alliance for achieving all they have with none of the advantages that GHs have.

Further congrats to Innogames for turning a WARGAME into SIM CITY.

That's why they shouldn't have updated the older worlds. It works better where development isn't so advanced.

DeletedUser6691

That's why they shouldn't have updated the older worlds. It works better where development isn't so advanced.

That's the truth. So many people are leaving the game and the ones that stay have problems trying to play and are getting discouraged FAST..

Good luck to you DAZZY!!..You'll be missed.

DeletedUser

The competion is really about the Hugs and Fusion - the only ones big enough to take this up

The others (like pe and illu) are just running to secure one or two wonders - its pretty pointless to compete with fusion or the hugs, so it resumes on getting the wonders that they haven't done

DeletedUser

Wonder island is totally against the grepolis concept. It is suppose to war game and not sim city. We were also get swept in world wonders but when I started sending resources to wonder island I realize this is not the reason I play this game.

Best of luck to GH, they are organized and determined bunch of players.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

Finally, a thread that's on-topic instead of reactionary...

The hugs are leading for two obvious reasons...DISTANCE - They have always had the shortest distance for their support to travel...SIZE - Due to their newest members they have a 12 % advantage in size over Fusion. Now I'm no maths genius but that's big...
oh well, we tried to make it seem to be a detriment to be surrounded on all sides for at least 6 months and surrounded on the other 3 sides for another 12-16 months by enemy alliances all in the top 5, but I guess now our simming in the end has finally paid off...

again, c'est la vie...maybe the next fading alliance can shine in the shadow...
Rackhir

p.s. Yogesh, we offer excellent retirement packages....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The competion is really about the Hugs and Fusion - the only ones big enough to take this up

The others (like pe and illu) are just running to secure one or two wonders - its pretty pointless to compete with fusion or the hugs, so it resumes on getting the wonders that they haven't done

yeah that is true
but you have to keep in mind that if 4 alliances have each 1 wonder a 5th alliance can only have 3 wonders
but they will need 4 to win
so if the medium sized and big alliances share all wonders it will make it almost impossible for anyone to win
the only thing to do now is to stop the huggers on some wonders and we will have our old game with a few wonders spread all over the world that don't help anyone
at least I would think that would be the best way to stop this game on it's way to become Simcity 2.0

DeletedUser

I like the ideas ute, but can you actually organise this or is this merely a fantasy?

DeletedUser7213

Too far gone for that now. But it would have been a nice idea.

DeletedUser

Too far gone for that now. But it would have been a nice idea.

Thats why I said is pointless to compete - although since day one fusion and GH got the high ground on the wonders they have choosen

DeletedUser7213

Thats why I said is pointless to compete - although since day one fusion and GH got the high ground on the wonders they have choosen

Not really. For a while Hugs were under a lot of pressure.