Rejected Workers-[Improve building speeds]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This is a good idea and it goes along with Ancient Greece because in ancient greece people captured each other for slaves. However it would not make Innogames looks good to have a game the promotes slavery

DeletedUser29066

Yes, indeed. Killing, looting and worshiping pagan gods is one thing, slavery quite another:D

DeletedUser30490

The only thing i'd like to have changed is that you shouldn't gain BP's from capturing slaves. Other than that, fantastic idea.
Think abut it awesome only 25BP is lost from every attack:p so no harm done actually

Should slaves be tradeable in the marketplace? After all, a big part of slavery was the slave trade.
I didnt really think about that.....whats others opinion on this?

And for the slave uprising sorry dont really like that part....but if this gets implemented you could always suggest it right?

Edit:-Thanks to all those who like it :)

DeletedUser8396

Think abut it awesome only 25BP is lost from every attack:p so no harm done actually

I didnt really think about that.....whats others opinion on this?

And for the slave uprising sorry dont really like that part....but if this gets implemented you could always suggest it right?

Edit:-Thanks to all those who like it :)

I think adding in a market may take it a tad too far. Both in respect to morality (making it a PR issue) and in respect to complexity. I'd still vote yes, as it isnt THAT big a deal, but I personally think its better off without it.

DeletedUser

I think adding in a market may take it a tad too far. Both in respect to morality (making it a PR issue) and in respect to complexity. I'd still vote yes, as it isnt THAT big a deal, but I personally think its better off without it.

Even though Grepolis is a wargame, it must be remembered that in war merchants are more powerful than standing armies.

DeletedUser8396

Even though Grepolis is a wargame, it must be remembered that in war merchants are more powerful than standing armies.

Cause that completely debases my entire argument...

How is that even relevant?

DeletedUser

This is a good idea and it goes along with Ancient Greece because in ancient greece people captured each other for slaves. However it would not make Innogames looks good to have a game the promotes slavery

Yes, indeed. Killing, looting and worshiping pagan gods is one thing, slavery quite another:D

and for that matter is slavery always wrong? (not racism slavery, there's a difference children)
sorry to move towards debate.

the market thing, meh i don't really care, but simpler without it.

DeletedUser

and for that matter is slavery always wrong? (not racism slavery, there's a difference children)
sorry to move towards debate.

the market thing, meh i don't really care, but simpler without it.

In real life slavery is always wrong. Think about it. Someone being captured from their home and forced to do work under brutal conditions with no pay, and treated like animals.
This is why I doubt this idea will go pass. Games that promote slavery get bad rep and even could get sued if someone takes it the wrong way.

DeletedUser29066

I don't think anyone will disagree with you that slavery is wrong, but so are killing and looting. Yet those are elements of this game. Does that mean that Inno is promoting killing and looting? No, I don't think so. They are game features that help make the game fun and more realistic. I think including slavery would add to this realism.

DeletedUser

but think about the killing in Grepolis. This is through war and the people die in war. This is different from slavery where the people are forced to do bad things when there is no fighting happenning so they are not really dying for their country, and the fact the soldiers are being killed in battle is different than slavery

DeletedUser8396

In real life slavery is always wrong. Think about it. Someone being captured from their home and forced to do work under brutal conditions with no pay, and treated like animals.
This is why I doubt this idea will go pass. Games that promote slavery get bad rep and even could get sued if someone takes it the wrong way.

You obviously have a narrow grasp on the full history of slavery. Also, these are prisoners of war, not citizens. PoWs are put to work ALL the time...this is hardly a moral issue.

DeletedUser

yeh, sued for what emotional damages because zeus can kill people with his thunder clouds, but i can't capture them and feed them?
slavery under war is not wrong stop being silly, and tbh it would be better than sticking people in jails for common crime, which is just as bad except instead of being useful they waste money. however i don't think this discussion is really pertinent to the idea.
if you wish to continue the debate i'd be glad to do it in the D&D section otherwise let's not stray into ethics.

DeletedUser25660

everybody slammed my slave uprising suggestion but I suggested it for balance reasons

to elaborate: a very random event can occur, like island quests you have 2 options,
1. fight slaves, their numbers would be half the amount of slaves in the city, you kill them, they would be very weak, maybe militia
2. let them go, you lose half of your slave population?

With the upcoming heroes which you need to purchase using coins of war/wisdom earned in quests, I think this addition is not such a bad idea!

Yes, I agree this puts 'balance', I mean, imagine if you have "permanent slaves" with "permanent boost". With this quest, it tempers the boost. Earn coins by freeing/killing slaves but you lose the boost, or dismiss the quest.

DeletedUser

Everything is really good here. The slave uprisings could be a later addition if it is needed or wanted, but right off the bat it would make the whole addition a little less. Also on the "debates" on slavery, yes it is wrong. This is a somewhat historical game though and at that period taking prisoners to use as slaves was perfectly acceptable. So for the game it would be perfectly acceptable. Some people will take offense though (people always do) because they see it as promoting slavery instead of making a somewhat historical game more accurate.

Rant and Transmission over... Captain's log, Stardate 4525.6

DeletedUser25660

Can the OP change the terminology? Instead of "Capture Slaves", use "Capture Prisoners of War" -- like the other posters said. And the options for PoW would be: "Assign PoW to Work-Choose building"

Idea is still the same, only the terms changed. :D

DeletedUser30490

^^Dont see a difference

And about the slaves even im against it.But we're not talking about racial slavery,or just getting slaves to work for us.These "Prisoners of war" will work for us and boost our building times and that makes them look good.Also Grepolis(if implemented wont be the only game that promotes slavery!!
Not saying that we're promoting slavery but with the ancient greek theme and wars slaves played a major role in history.
So I dont see the problem in this getting implemented.

DeletedUser

i say we say that slavery is always good just because it will make people angry :pro:

Status
Not open for further replies.