World Athens Settings vote

Athens World setting poll

• World Speed: 1 - Unit Speed - 1 (classic)

Votes: 80 10.6%
  • World Speed: 1 - Unit Speed - 2

Votes: 48 6.4%
  • World Speed: 2 - Unit Speed - 1

Votes: 51 6.8%
  • World Speed: 2 - Unit Speed - 2 (fast)

Votes: 420 55.9%
  • World Speed: 3 - Unit Speed - 1 (fast)

Votes: 242 32.2%
  • Conquer system: Conquest (classic)

Votes: 505 67.2%
  • Conquer system: Revolt

Votes: 248 33.0%
  • Alliance Size: 40 (small)

Votes: 164 21.8%
  • Alliance Size: 70

Votes: 114 15.2%
  • Alliance Size: 100

Votes: 179 23.8%
  • Alliance Size: 150

Votes: 63 8.4%
  • Alliance Size: 200 (huge)

Votes: 265 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Not sure Arul, it will just take longer.

World Speed: 2
Unit Speed:2
Alliance Cap:40
World type: Conquest (Revolt is entirely too boring for me :D)

My alliance in gamma has been making do with less than 40 for awhile now. You don't need more than this :)

If u find revolt system boring then tell your alliance to vote for conquest.and if possible then tell your pact alliances to do the same.i have voted for conquest.:cool:

DeletedUser

if you like conquest then you should really be voting for revolt until a non-morale world comes out :p

DeletedUser

The Alliance size is still up for grabs: 40 or 100. Looking forward to see who pulls ahead. :)

DeletedUser

We have a lot of worlds that have a small member cap. I think we need to open a new one up with a large edition instead of another small one.

Difference is what makes this game keep its edge...not the whole "Lets do it again" attitude...lol
if you like conquest then you should really be voting for revolt until a non-morale world comes out :p
Wait a second this world will have morale? Where is the vote for that? Morale is for the weak :) Plus why punish people for growing big. More points = more gold spent for you guys. Wonder who runs your marketing department :D Maybe I have misunderstood something about morale since I have only experienced it briefly before it made me dislike the server I was on.

I think 40 cap would be new(10 higher than 30, and yes I can do math hurray!). Especially for Conquest and 2 unit/2 city unless I am mistaken.

Those are the setting I chose being as I have played Grepolis for over a year now and that sounds like the Goldilocks server to me.

To me having 200+ just makes it easier for the non casual player to coast by and help to contribute deterioration to the player base. Iv seen people leave grepo due to alliances unwilling to "Cut" the fat. If you have a small cap, the fat is forcibly cut due to limited available space and we lose the players that don't support the game with premiums or contribute to alliances.

It is my experience that people leave when they feel over whelmed(running a big alliance or being attacked by one) or when they get pushed way behind enemy lines and things get boring. That is what I see happening with big alliances. No one is at alliance cap on Epsilon and are pretty far from it. So why have it set so high? Pointless and it takes away a interesting dynamic that we are presented with in grepolis. Who wants something to be insignificant after a short period of time? Not me

Small groups = more wars. Wars between large alliances are boring. Just my opinion here :) Hope it is well received

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was thinking about this today.

This would make for some awesome battles, and it could become extremely tribal, the speed would keep it interesting as the alliance cap would require players to grow really big.

World speed 5
Unit speed 3 (or 1 if it has to be calculated relative to world speed)
Alliance cap 20
Revolt, so you balance out the speeds slightly and get more BP
No morale as the whole point is to encourage conflict and destruction

would be hilarious and the closest most of us get to the speed world, but with a longer term progression to it, would also make the strategies behind 2.0 worlds play out at a pace that means more people can actually see a world wonder.

J.

DeletedUser6029

I have to agree with devils. Smaller alliances make for a more diverse world I think.

DeletedUser

Speed 2
Revolt
Alliance cap 150

Has to be revolt though. Conquest is to much timing

DeletedUser

I think 40 cap would be new(10 higher than 30, and yes I can do math hurray!). Especially for Conquest and 2 unit/2 city unless I am mistaken.

Small groups = more wars. Wars between large alliances are boring. Just my opinion here :) Hope it is well received

Speed 2
Revolt
Alliance cap 150

Has to be revolt though. Conquest is to much timing

Im with Devils here but against alpha119 revolt increases the enemys ability to revolt your alliance from bp because longer to revolt:)

DeletedUser

i like world speed 3 and units speed 1
it make our city grow faster :p

DeletedUser

There are only 4 variables
World Speed:1,2,3
Unit Speed:1,2
Alliance Size:40,70,100,150,200
Conquer Method:Revolt,Conquest

If we don't look at alliance size that is only 12 possibilities of worlds.
We have seen almost every combination of unit speed/world speed/Conquer Method.

We need something new and different.
Like maybe apart from all the above we can have a Cap on number of cities you can conquer in a Month. or a weekly point cap. equalizing gap between stronger and weaker players
Just a thought

DeletedUser

Gea

Queridos Amigos de Grepolis .
Pido disculpas por no escribir en Ingles , pero mi ingles es muy malo , espero que tengan una persona en su equipo que entienda lo que aqui escribo :) deseo que el juego tenga a la Diosa Gea como participe del mismo , seria interazante pues Gea podria ayudar en la construccion de ladrillos , crecimiento de las cosechas , terremotos en tierra al enemigo , destruccion de las cosechas del enemigo :Angry: , no deseo que se interprete que es mi deseo solamente pero en el juego no hay un Dios o Diosa que ayude a incrementar las construccion de ladrillos , muchas gracias por leerme , Luis ;)

Dear Friends of Grepolis.
I apologize for not writing in English, but my English is very bad, I hope you have a person on your team who understands what I write here I want the game to have the Goddess Gaia as part of it, it would interazante [include] Gaia helping with brick [stone] growth, crop growth [increase farm pop limit ], earthquakes on land to the enemy, destruction of crops [farm levels] of the enemy, do not want the interpretation that is my wish only the game but there is a God or Goddess to help increase the construction of bricks, thank you very much for reading

Hello players and Forum Goers,

The Greek alphabet is through and from now on we will use the world-names that were chosen by the community. The next world will be "Athens", world 25! To celebrate the progress of our server we would like to ask you what settings you would like to see in the new era of Grepolis.

Please choose the Athens settings in the poll above and leave your comments below. We are glad you enjoy and play our game, and are anxious to see what settings you choose. Morale is mandatory and will therefore not be an option for this world. Athens will be a 2.0 world.

Voting info:
- You may choose multiple options when you vote. (speed, conquer system, alliance cap)
- You will only be allowed to vote once.

Thank you for voting. This poll will close shortly before "Athens" is launched.

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

Under special circumstances the world settings may not reflect the poll results. But this is highly unlikly

DeletedUser

We need something new and different.
Like maybe apart from all the above we can have a Cap on number of cities you can conquer in a Month. or a weekly point cap. equalizing gap between stronger and weaker players
Just a thought

Thanks for the suggestion. You mean like creating "training" worlds. Not a bad idea on itself. Though interesting I do not think this would draw a lot of players from the community.

We will try to mix up the settings more in the future.

DeletedUser

I don't really like the 2.0 world, when i read the first thread about the new world Athens, it said that a new era of grepolis will commence, but now, by the looks of things, it's just as same as the old 2.0 worlds BUT it has a greec city name, not an alphabet name...

I really like the old version of grepolis, but then not too long after the first 7-8 worlds opened, they announced that a new world will be released, but this time it will be a modified one, it will be 2.0!

when i first joined the first 2.0 world, i found it incredibly cool, but then, i started recognizing the difference between the two versions, i found that the old one is better than the new one in many ways (i don't know why i found that the older version interesting, but i may have figured it out, i think because i got used to the older version?), but still the 2.0 worlds has many better options and modifications than the old version (like it has a new god added which you can worship, and the graphics are way better than the old version i assure you... as so many other countless modifications), but what i really did hate about the 2.0 world was the farming system, and i must ask: Why you need to conquer a village which you need to loot otherwise, or when you request troops from it it gets mad at you, AND YOU ARE IT'S LORD?! and another thing: How can more than a player own a single village? And why doesn't it take time for the resources you demand from the village to reach your city? I think if you combine the old farming system and the new one, it would be terrific!

Now, i think if you want to attract both new and old players to join the new world, you should first make a vote on what do players like in the old, and new version of grepolis, then take the highest percentage of votes and combine them to create a new world Athens that would be a 3.0 world, the coolest world grepo members have seen!

And i agree with "Luis", you really should get more gods for members to pick from, now he mentioned the goddess Gaia, i think it would be great it you can add her to the list, and maybe all the other greec gods, then it would be so cool!

Please Gordopolis, share your thoughts about what i said, and try to make such world released soon...

DeletedUser20797

i agree with Elie 1995, create a 3.0 world :)

p.s. also if you do decide to make a 3.0 world plz add new buildings, mythical units and troops on the next world,

(just an idea) :)

DeletedUser19042

I don't really like the 2.0 world, when i read the first thread about the new world Athens, it said that a new era of grepolis will commence, but now, by the looks of things, it's just as same as the old 2.0 worlds BUT it has a greec city name, not an alphabet name...

I really like the old version of grepolis, but then not too long after the first 7-8 worlds opened, they announced that a new world will be released, but this time it will be a modified one, it will be 2.0!

when i first joined the first 2.0 world, i found it incredibly cool, but then, i started recognizing the difference between the two versions, i found that the old one is better than the new one in many ways (i don't know why i found that the older version interesting, but i may have figured it out, i think because i got used to the older version?), but still the 2.0 worlds has many better options and modifications than the old version (like it has a new god added which you can worship, and the graphics are way better than the old version i assure you... as so many other countless modifications), but what i really did hate about the 2.0 world was the farming system, and i must ask: Why you need to conquer a village which you need to loot otherwise, or when you request troops from it it gets mad at you, AND YOU ARE IT'S LORD?! and another thing: How can more than a player own a single village? And why doesn't it take time for the resources you demand from the village to reach your city? I think if you combine the old farming system and the new one, it would be terrific!

Now, i think if you want to attract both new and old players to join the new world, you should first make a vote on what do players like in the old, and new version of grepolis, then take the highest percentage of votes and combine them to create a new world Athens that would be a 3.0 world, the coolest world grepo members have seen!

And i agree with "Luis", you really should get more gods for members to pick from, now he mentioned the goddess Gaia, i think it would be great it you can add her to the list, and maybe all the other greec gods, then it would be so cool!

Please Gordopolis, share your thoughts about what i said, and try to make such world released soon...

Agree...Well said...:cool:

DeletedUser

can somebody explain to me why the majority of the world that have been coming out have been morale worlds, yet most players do not like this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.