World Athens Settings vote

Athens World setting poll

• World Speed: 1 - Unit Speed - 1 (classic)

Votes: 80 10.6%
  • World Speed: 1 - Unit Speed - 2

Votes: 48 6.4%
  • World Speed: 2 - Unit Speed - 1

Votes: 51 6.8%
  • World Speed: 2 - Unit Speed - 2 (fast)

Votes: 420 55.9%
  • World Speed: 3 - Unit Speed - 1 (fast)

Votes: 242 32.2%
  • Conquer system: Conquest (classic)

Votes: 505 67.2%
  • Conquer system: Revolt

Votes: 248 33.0%
  • Alliance Size: 40 (small)

Votes: 164 21.8%
  • Alliance Size: 70

Votes: 114 15.2%
  • Alliance Size: 100

Votes: 179 23.8%
  • Alliance Size: 150

Votes: 63 8.4%
  • Alliance Size: 200 (huge)

Votes: 265 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4013

can somebody explain to me why the majority of the world that have been coming out have been morale worlds, yet most players do not like this setting?

Morale is a setting which has been put in the game since the launch of Alpha. However, the devs never activated it until Theta. This was a setting which was always meant to be active in the game, but it was first seen whether it was needed (I assume). Since then, it has been agreed that it protects the newer players from the more experienced players when starting a new world. The number of players on the forums pales in comparison to the players in the whole of Grepolis, and while you will read that players feel that morale is not needed, the majority of the players appreciate morale in the game. The setting has become mandatory for all new worlds. There have been a few exceptions in the past where we have been able to get worlds without morale, but whether that will happen any more in the future is uncertain.

DeletedUser20797

Since then, it has been agreed that it protects the newer players from the more experienced players when starting a new world. The number of players on the forums pales in comparison to the players in the whole of Grepolis, and while you will read that players feel that morale is not needed, the majority of the players appreciate morale in the game..

although i do agree with this, it would be nice to see a conquest world without morale

DeletedUser

The number of players on the forums pales in comparison to the players in the whole of Grepolis, and while you will read that players feel that morale is not needed, the majority of the players appreciate morale in the game. The setting has become mandatory for all new worlds. There have been a few exceptions in the past where we have been able to get worlds without morale, but whether that will happen any more in the future is uncertain.

I wouldn't be so sure about this assumption that most players enjoy morale, seems like this assumption is based off of little evidence (maybe a survey or something). I bet many of these new players didn't quite see how this setting can grow to be a nuissance. The fact that you guys can say there will probly be no more non-morale worlds is a rather bold statement looking at the attitude of the community over this..

although i do agree with this, it would be nice to see a conquest world without morale

Very much agreed, the last was on tau and we could use another fresh one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since then, it has been agreed that it protects the newer players from the more experienced players when starting a new world. The number of players on the forums pales in comparison to the players in the whole of Grepolis, and while you will read that players feel that morale is not needed, the majority of the players appreciate morale in the game.

Why is it fair to punish players who grow quicker then those around them? Don't know many players who grow to conquer new players on the outskirts of the world. That is the only reason for it IMO.

Now that there are morale worlds, it would be wise for people who don't plan to grow to join those worlds so they have a leg up on months old players :) Just being a idiot here is all. Love the game, hate morale :D

So I guess Epsilon and Psi is all I will play since no new worlds without morale will be released. awww Shucks

As far as public forum participation to player ratio I think that is because the ones who care about the game go as far to come here :)

Sorry if this is considered spam just wanted to put my last two cents into the equation

DeletedUser14937

I love how this has become a debate between whether morale should be activated or not when it's supposed to be choosing the world settings (Yes I was also hoping for the chance to vote for morale deactivated but I'm not going to complain much about it, it just means there will be another server coming up with morale deactivated).

I must agree with Tyrion, morale protects those new players and noobs in general from attacks from the closer, bigger and better players so why should they hate morale? Not to mention that the majority of Grepolis are those noobs who so happen to benefit from morale. The active forum community who dislike morale are the very experienced players who happen to lose more troops from attacking the tiny players. But when someone thinks about it in another way like this: morale is for everyone on the server, and eventually the top spots need active players who kind of attack and who morale mostly affect, this means that while you are getting less battle points over time, the very people you are competing with are in the exact same situation. The noobs you are attacking would be able to attack you with full morale and lose less but they have much fewer cities and therefore much less troops, and are probably less active so their ability to rebuild is nowhere near as good.

Morale was introduced into the game long before I started but from what I understand it was a vote similar to this or something and the majority wanted morale? That was those little noobs that wanted to be protected from the big bad wolves of big players. Morale encourages the big bad wolves to start fighting themselves rather then hunt down an injured deer or something. With morale the real top dog emerges ;).

This is just a little from me :p, personally I don't like morale because I prefer having to fight against the deer rather then the other big bad wolf :p
If I'd change anything about morale it would just be to change the way it's calculated a bit, a 1k player vs a 200 point player should not be equal to when a 1m point player attacks a 200k player, it's not as easy attacking large players even with a significant size advantage.
The 2nd thing would be the name :p, the name morale makes no sense in the way it's used, surely the morale of the troops from a small player will be ridiculously low when going to attack a much larger player because they will most likely die :p Vice versa the troops of the big player will be happy and morale will be high when attacking a weak little player because chance of death is much lower :p!

That's all folks :D!

DeletedUser4013

If you guys wish to debate the pros and cons of morale, please create a thread for it and keep this one about the settings available to choose for World Athens.

EDIT: This can be done in The Acropolis as it pertains to the game.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
While I don't want to drag this off topic anymore.........DnD is for non game related subjects where as the acropolis is for game related subjects. So as Tyrion said, feel free to discuss morale in the Acropolis. That being said I'm happy everything I voted for seems to be what the majority also wants. This could be a fun server to play on

DeletedUser

can somebody explain to me why the majority of the world that have been coming out have been morale worlds, yet most players do not like this setting?

Despite what the mod say. It's because of money. :rolleyes:

Those that use premium (gold) use it more at that start of a world then near the end.

InnoGames gives the mods propaganda to use to promote morale but, never offer proof to back it up. :eek:

summary, if you want to play a morale world (and your a good player). Wait a few months then start and head straight to the core oceans.

DeletedUser

yes I know this idea whateverr, I just think that the fact that there are a majority of morale worlds seems to give plenty of chances for this "take over mid game strategy", and the fact that the big gold users are not morale-friendly should lead to a more decent amount of non-morale worlds

DeletedUser20429

I hope it does or I am going to be hey guys are you going to found your second city or will you wait and conquer your second city?

DeletedUser

we'll see.
I plan to found it, and get everything else good in my 1st city before I start conquering

DeletedUser

Must they always open it on a weekday -.- Just hope they open it around 5pm UTC+1. Conquer, founding is a pain in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.