World Beta Garbage

DeletedUser

Troops > Points - We know, and players who say this normally have neither.

Mass recruiting fails - With no player history worth mentioning and no account sit to verify development then everyone is recruiting blind, or has 20 members each with their own island. That's not even accounting for the fact players can be dismissed after you recruit them, once you do know if they're good.

High point players are pointwhores - Not really, we all know it takes troops as well to grow fast so you can assume they've either got loads of troops or barely any. The same as any other player, if you think about it.

The top ranked tribes will collapse in a month - This is said every world on any browser game and it's always true of at least one of them, that doesn't mean your tribe is better because it's smaller. No-one notices when small tribes disband, that's all.

It because you've got premium - Firstly, it's probably not. Secondly, if you're jealous of people with premium either log in more or get a job. This is a game and it doesn't contain options which aren't available to everyone, the fact I haven't bought premium yet is just a reflection on me not knowing if I'll enjoy the game or not. I never play tribalwars without premium.

Please add your other tired cliches here and keep them here, no-one cares.

DeletedUser

ah yes, the monetary issue isnt really an issue. as i have plenty of money. However i have yet to decide many things about this game before i give them any of my money. Giving them my money means i support the direction and how the game playes. So far so good. Well see how it is next week. so far unimpressed with how stubborn swordsmen are to kill yet they slay the attacking swordsmen with ease.

DeletedUser

Troops > Points - We know, and players who say this normally have neither.

Mass recruiting fails - With no player history worth mentioning and no account sit to verify development then everyone is recruiting blind, or has 20 members each with their own island. That's not even accounting for the fact players can be dismissed after you recruit them, once you do know if they're good.

High point players are pointwhores - Not really, we all know it takes troops as well to grow fast so you can assume they've either got loads of troops or barely any. The same as any other player, if you think about it.

The top ranked tribes will collapse in a month - This is said every world on any browser game and it's always true of at least one of them, that doesn't mean your tribe is better because it's smaller. No-one notices when small tribes disband, that's all.

It because you've got premium - Firstly, it's probably not. Secondly, if you're jealous of people with premium either log in more or get a job. This is a game and it doesn't contain options which aren't available to everyone, the fact I haven't bought premium yet is just a reflection on me not knowing if I'll enjoy the game or not. I never play tribalwars without premium.

Please add your other tired cliches here and keep them here, no-one cares.

I take it this was mainly aimed at me, amongst a few others and quite honestly I see no point of this. Anyway, most of what you have said is total and utter rubbish which should be left where it belongs, in the bin - or in your case, your Alliances forums.

DeletedUser

I take it this was mainly aimed at me, amongst a few others and quite honestly I see no point of this. Anyway, most of what you have said is total and utter rubbish which should be left where it belongs, in the bin - or in your case, your Alliances forums.

yeah dobby why you gotta be pissin the mega huge alliances off. you knows they can squish you with a thought.

DeletedUser

Ok... This made me LoL. Don't get a job... Get a life. Wasting money on a game is not a great feat. Sure spend some every occasion that's no problem, but spending 1000's of mulah, is a terrible way to spending your life and money.

DeletedUser

$5 a month for administrator, lol. It takes a real sad person to spend *that* much on a game, you could buy a beer for that!!! :eek:

DeletedUser

k

$5 a month for administrator, lol. It takes a real sad person to spend *that* much on a game, you could buy a beer for that!!! :eek:

LOL I think this is funny; however, you gota think that not everyone can pay it

DeletedUser

Don't worry some guy mailed me if I was using premium. I said no, and he said he spent 100 in a week.

DeletedUser

Actually I think that's a good point >.<. I need more beer :eek:.

DeletedUser

Premium:
The Administrator is currently running at less than the price of a pint (of the warm beer type) per month. Eventually (in about 16 days time) it will exceed or match that, depending on where you live.

Is it worth it? Are any of the Premium features worth it? Personal choice. If you have the time (through choice or lifestyle) to queue builds repeatedly, to micromanage then many of the Premium features may not be necessary.

Are Premium users unskilled? Does using Premium equate to a lazy approach? Not necessarily. The bonuses that come with the Commander for example will not protect a player if he picks a fight with another Player who is prepared to respond appropriately using the right troops and his Alliance to bolster his Defence and retaliation.

Based on TW, I don't think a big Points score and rapid growth really says anything frankly. It can reflect over investment in buildings as opposed to troops or an over reliance on troop counts with poor development.

I figure it this way; if you have great troop counts but attack the wrong villages and lose those troops, how do you replace them with poor mines and a low barrack level? Alternatively, with only a few troops ... how do you defend yourself adequately (Beware the Ides of erm ... Friday!) or farm?

Balance is surely the key?

With no Sitting allowed ... how will an Alliance look at a player's score and ascertain what a big points total really reflects?

Mass Recruiting:
No idea if this will work but my guess is "not". Large Alliances will need really good leaders with lots of delegation and a willingness to use the internal forums and Skype/MSN far more than TW demanded.

Personally, I'd hate to be in a big Alliance and realise that 50% of the players were inactive/uncommitted/selfish or otherwise such that, they were not prepared to work for the Alliance rather than their own Account.

My hunch is that a smaller Alliance will do better because of coordination and that the large Alliances present now will eventually split and drop players. The latter is probably a "no-brainer", sorry.

DeletedUser

all sensible stuff Woundweaver....as always
The little voices in my head are sorta thinking that the Alliances are not,at this stage, as important as we are all used to thinking. It will of course gain weight when we gain island hopping facility. I've been reading of islands with 7 or 8 Alliance members. This does not make a lot of sense to me. I think I would prefer one or two tribemates or personal NAP to band together and knock lumps out of the others first. There again I'm no great thinker...........

DeletedUser

Premium:
The Administrator is currently running at less than the price of a pint (of the warm beer type) per month. Eventually (in about 16 days time) it will exceed or match that, depending on where you live.

Is it worth it? Are any of the Premium features worth it? Personal choice. If you have the time (through choice or lifestyle) to queue builds repeatedly, to micromanage then many of the Premium features may not be necessary.

Are Premium users unskilled? Does using Premium equate to a lazy approach? Not necessarily. The bonuses that come with the Commander for example will not protect a player if he picks a fight with another Player who is prepared to respond appropriately using the right troops and his Alliance to bolster his Defence and retaliation.

Based on TW, I don't think a big Points score and rapid growth really says anything frankly. It can reflect over investment in buildings as opposed to troops or an over reliance on troop counts with poor development.

I figure it this way; if you have great troop counts but attack the wrong villages and lose those troops, how do you replace them with poor mines and a low barrack level? Alternatively, with only a few troops ... how do you defend yourself adequately (Beware the Ides of erm ... Friday!) or farm?

Balance is surely the key?

With no Sitting allowed ... how will an Alliance look at a player's score and ascertain what a big points total really reflects?

Mass Recruiting:
No idea if this will work but my guess is "not". Large Alliances will need really good leaders with lots of delegation and a willingness to use the internal forums and Skype/MSN far more than TW demanded.

Personally, I'd hate to be in a big Alliance and realise that 50% of the players were inactive/uncommitted/selfish or otherwise such that, they were not prepared to work for the Alliance rather than their own Account.

My hunch is that a smaller Alliance will do better because of coordination and that the large Alliances present now will eventually split and drop players. The latter is probably a "no-brainer", sorry.

Very well said. With the players dropping out in Mass-Recruiting, if they had any sense. The alliance since they recruited in islands, than all the should do is forget the whole alliance thing and work with the island and communicate, that way you have trust with your locals and can still communicate with other islands through internal forums. Just my little point of view, but I highly doubt people think the same way as I do.

DeletedUser

Farm villages derr... ;), but if I was one of those nubs caught in that situation that's how I would think.

DeletedUser

if all there is to do is farm villages, i will be bored fast.

DeletedUser

that will be the problem with too many of one alliance to an island....run out of targets

Last edited by a moderator: