World Beta-s Official News Thread - Issue 10

DeletedUser

World Beta-s Official News Thread - Issue 10

17th April 2010

Wow, we have now officially reached double figures with the news thread as this is officially the tenth issue. I must also now announce that this will be the last for sometime. This is due to lack of news I am recieving and also due to actual in game stuff taking away my time. Alongside this we also have the World Zeta Draft that I am running. But anyway, on with this weeks news!

An Interview With Cobblemix

1.) What do you think of the world so far and how do you think it is shaping up?

Well... This world i personally think is doing better than Alpha. Right now, i do believe the inactivity is taking a toll on all alliances. With Aliens suggesting that he won't be here forever, i think that there will be a struggle for power. Really in this world, it comes down to loyalty. As long as you are loyal to your tribe, and build and recruit wisely, you'll do just fine.

2.) Which/what alliance(s) do you like the look of at the moment (excluding your own)?

Excluding my own, I'd have to say Army of Aliens. Not because they are #1, but because they appear to have good standards, strong active players, and that they stick to their word. Aliens is a good leader, although i don't know him ingame or personally. It will be interesting to see how these alliances play out. In Tribal Wars, tribes did not last longer than usually 3 months. We'll see how that plays out in Grepolis.

3.) Do you plan to stick around on this world, or are you going to leave? E.G. Is it exciting enough?

I hope that i stick around, I love the graphics in this game, and it is very exciting. I also love to see my wall, and how many troops have died at my gates :D. Its possible that it could become less exciting, as my island is quite quiet. Only 4 users are active on it, and Only 1 talks to me. Haha, yes, i hope to continue in this excitement.

4.) What are your aims at the moment on this world? For both you and your alliance.

Well, after my elite alliance, The Vandals, merged with UAE, I am not sure that i could speak for my alliance. However, I wish for my alliance to dominate O43. I hope that someday, i will have quite a few more cities, as my numbers are kinda low, only 1 ;). But what is the point of having another city if your first one is not good enough? So i plan on keeping it in shape.

5.) Is there anything else you would like to say?

I'd like to thank Dobby for the interview... Also, if any users have the time and lack the knowledge, you should check out my guides on the grepolis forum in the Questions and Discussions section. I currently have a land unit comparison, naval units, and mythical. I hope that you all benefit from this, and use them wisely. Mail me in game if you have any questions, or I'll see you on the forums :D Thanks.

Past Vs. Future?

That could be the headline about the latest war we have gained news of in World Beta. This is the news that Time Warp and Clan Wheel are at war. Who would have thought it though? A group of players known as Clan Wheel, seemingly from the ages of dinosaurs and cavemen when players formed clans to protect one another. And then we have Time Warp an alliance who can time travel! They even have DrWho? with his special tardis.

past-future-signposts.jpg

So it seems like an unfair squabble. How can an alliance from the dark ages stand up to an alliance who has the ability to time travel? Well on the battlefield it looks fairly equal. Even the leader had to state this about the respect he had for Clan Wheel...

Might seem a very slow war, but mainly to do with both alliances being even.
Both are fairly orginised

However, of course he also stated this...

however, Time Warp, just has the slight advantage, and more skill than Clan Wheel.

(Hence the more conquers against Clan Wheel)

So basically this war doesn't look to be moving anywhere fast, If anywhere at all. Who knows what either alliance is going through on the inside. Maybe they are scared to death at the thought that maybe tomorrow they will become conquered, or maybe they are not bothered at all. One thing is for sure, this war has definitely livened up the currently quite normal happenings in World Beta.

An Interview With DrWho?

1.) What do you think of the world so far and how do you think it is shaping up?

The world is shapeing up quite well, many people are still leaving beta due to the slowness, which makes this world even more interesting, as less people are inactive, and more are active. Also there are a few wars going on now, between certain alliances, expecially in O64.

2.) Which/what alliance(s) do you like the look of at the moment (excluding your own)?

At the moment, im likeing two alliances, as they obviously are active, and have a very good leader. They are Saints of Tartarus, and Praetorian Guardians.

3.) Do you plan to stick around on this world, or are you going to leave? E.G. Is it exciting enough?

For me, this is the most exciting world ;) I plan to stay here, as long as possible.
People are leaving due to the Speed of this world, but this doesn't bother me, as you arn't forced to be on 24/7, as everyone has there normal daily jobs to do.

4.) What are your aims at the moment on this world? For both you and your alliance.

Without giving too much away, we wish, as an alliance, to expand in our weaker Oceans, such as O53, O55 and O44. My aims, are just to be a remembered Founder of Time Warp :D

5.) Is there anything else you would like to say?

Yes, i wouldn't be here without my right hand man Levadian ;) (In a non gay way XD)
(I was forced to say that over our IRC :p)
Thanks to dobby for all the fantastic Beta News Thread's, not just our players, but the entire forum loves them!! ;)
Thanks to Myrmidons for inviting us to the IRC Chat, where we have a GREAT time ;)
And like above, i would like to say thank you for EVERYTHING to my little helpers (Lol...) Levadian & Muckson.

Thanks for listening... well reading world Beta ;)

Quote Of The Week : "Oh, so so cool! The coolest of all the mods!! :cool" As posted by none other than our new mod tmesis :D.

Thats all folks, until I gain news of a big event and have to come back and start up my column once again. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good read :)

Just want to point out though that the Time Warp vs Clan Wheel thing has been "raging" for quite a while now :p

DeletedUser

Rofl, Thanks Dobby, good read.

EDIT: Oh, im going to dye my Tardis, Blue is old, it's going to be a could from the future, it's called Gwobblestobble. :)D)

DeletedUser

Who's Cobblemix? >.O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cobblemix is one of my dudes... wrote some sick unit comparisons, and a bright fellow.

DeletedUser

hmmmmmmm interesting this weeks read as always but more so as this was the first real war i have heard about and seen proof of so things are starting to shape up nicely now and thay said it would be boring well there the ones who are loosing out now haha well done again dobs and dont be away from this too long will ya we might start missing you lol

DeletedUser

Who's Cobblemix? >.O

Seriously.. i would LOVE TO know this guy.. What worlds is he on? What alliance is he in? Isn't he that guy that does guides that Darksunx doesn't like?

Gee.. WHO IS HE????!?!?!?!

DeletedUser

Seriously.. i would LOVE TO know this guy.. What worlds is he on? What alliance is he in? Isn't he that guy that does guides that Darksunx doesn't like?

Gee.. WHO IS HE????!?!?!?!

And the one DrWho? Loves?
:D

DeletedUser

Nice work Dobby, i might have to take the torch. Were on earth would we get our great news updates from otherwise?

DeletedUser

love the column dobby. hope you get what you need to keep it going. This is one of the few things i actually look at the forum for

DeletedUser

Almost everyone Spammed on this page :/

Rofl. Dobby, when will the next one come out? :)

DeletedUser

Well, we've been doing a fine job making our own news, biased though it is!