World Configurations

kingpg28

Phrourach
@Baudin Toolan @Hydna every other market does speed of world divided by 24 hours to determine cq time... meaning speed 3 is 8 hours, speed 4 is 6 and speed 6 is 4, can i ask why in the world we are the only one that doesnt despite us being the biggest market... it is terrible having 12 hour sieges on speed 4 and 3

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We do try to have the higher speed worlds have shorter revolt and conquest times but making every world with shorter takeover times is a bit more difficult on our server than other country specific servers. The main reason for this is the night bonus or lack there of. The EN server is a 24/7 pretty much continuous action server due to how many different countries around the world our players are from. So while a world speed 5, conquest duration 4 hours and some change seems fun and exciting it would mean you'd have no real chance to sleep with how quickly a city could be lost. Now this might not seem like a massive problem for players who are happy to be online as often as they need to be as many nights in a row as necessary to defend their cities but that's not the case for all of our players. The concern is that in making take over times faster across the board we would push out players who can't be around all day every day.

Now we can certainly try to mix it up a bit more with take over times as it's not a hard and fast rule per say just something we try to keep in mind with the balancing act that settings are for our server.

jack9r9

Hipparchus
We do try to have the higher speed worlds have shorter revolt and conquest times but making every world with shorter takeover times is a bit more difficult on our server than other country specific servers. The main reason for this is the night bonus or lack there of. The EN server is a 24/7 pretty much continuous action server due to how many different countries around the world our players are from. So while a world speed 5, conquest duration 4 hours and some change seems fun and exciting it would mean you'd have no real chance to sleep with how quickly a city could be lost. Now this might not seem like a massive problem for players who are happy to be online as often as they need to be as many nights in a row as necessary to defend their cities but that's not the case for all of our players. The concern is that in making take over times faster across the board we would push out players who can't be around all day every day.

Now we can certainly try to mix it up a bit more with take over times as it's not a hard and fast rule per say just something we try to keep in mind with the balancing act that settings are for our server.

Thanks for the explanation Baudin, we appreciate you. Do you have any knowledge on about settings like Heph's Blessing or just crazier / funner settings in general (speed 6, etc.) not being implemented here? Other markets seem to get them much more often than we do. I think the entire player base would agree Heph's Blessing especially should be implemented a LOT more. I know it's technically a special bonus but the last time we got it was en141... it's balanced and if anything helps those who don't gold out fast.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Hephaestus's Blessing is still considered a special setting so we can't get them for normal worlds. I do keep mentioning that our community would love to see it more often but no change as of yet.

kingpg28

Phrourach
i mean atleast make 3-6 speed 8 hours that is in the middle im okay with 8 hours and not 4 or whatever..