World Cup 2010

DeletedUser

Excuse me who is the goalghetter of the tournament with 5 goals in 5 matches??? DAVID VILLA!!! Fernando Torres has yet to show his brilliance in this tournament and this match is the right one. Who won the 2008 Euro Cup vs Germany? WHO??? SPAIN!! And their team isn't much different from the 08 winners. Germany doesn't have Neihman to save them. Casillas is the best remaining goaltender in the tournament, and he was probably the best in the whole tournament from the start. Where was Buffon??? As I have observed, SPain has started slow in pretty much every game, but haven't allowed their opponent to score. In the second half, they heat up. Spain will do this but they need help from Torres

DeletedUser

The Spanish deserved to win today. Germany had absolutely no offense in the second half, until the last 10 minutes. I am very disappointed in my DFB.

DeletedUser

Sorry to break it to you Spaniards but Robben will tear Capdevilla apart, Xavi and Iniesta might have more creativity and skill on the ball than Van Bommel and DeJong but the will be no match for the physicality of them so they will be muscled of the ball time and time again. This will leave space for sneijder and i'm sure you all know what he can do when he has space, also with Kuyt, Ramos will not get the freedom he usually gets from other teams, also our attacking full-backs are much better on the offense than yours

I rest my case

DeletedUser

The Netherlands are going to beat spain 3 to 1, with 2 goals from sneijder. Spain winning tactic is based on ball possession. After the first half against the germans, they had 57% of ball possession. That means they win by not letting their opponents get a lot of opportunities. However, the Netherlands have been the most opportunnistic team in the world cup. You don't need to go far, look at the match against uruguay. If I'm not mistaken, they had 3 goals in 7 shots. It's been like that all tournament long. That's the reason they haven't lost a game in the last 25 matches or something like that.

StokieScott

Phrourach
Casillas is the best remaining goaltender in the tournament, and he was probably the best in the whole tournament from the start. Where was Buffon???

Casillas has been playing his worst football for several years, i mean come on even his girlfriend has had a dig at him, also Buffon injured his back in first half against Paraguay and looks like will miss first month of the season. Have to say if he was playing against slovakia they wouldnt of conceded the three goals.

Have to say this world cup just proves that there are not as many 'world class' players as people say, with Rooney (arrogant so n so) Lampard (can only play 4-5-1) John (over the hill) Terry, just the whole french and Italian Squads (would of still taken Totti, Derik Piero and Toni myself and where was Benzema :eek:).
Have to say the Germans were a pleasent surprise to watch but come on we should never rule the germans out i mean 11 semi's (or quarter's not sure) finals our of 14. David Villa proved he is the best striker in the world (also helps i got villa top scorer and spain win ;) lol) And to you all whites have to say Smeltz is a legend because for some reason im not sure i had a tenner on him score first goal against the Italians (still trying understand why)

Anyway thats my world cup rant over (For now :))

DeletedUser

Am I Wrong or The Oracle Has Again Spoken : Spain to win the finals!?

He was wrong in Euro 2008 finals about spain and he will be proven wrong again, this time in the world cup final

DeletedUser

If Casillas is playing bad, why does he have only 2 goals against in 6 games!!!!!!??? And to respond to kANJAI, does it matter if Robben will rip up Capdevila?? This isn't just gonna be midfield vs midfield, forward vs. forward, etc. It doesn't matter!!! Villa > Sneijder. That doesn't matter wither!!! It's not a matchup of the same positions!! Its not whether VAn Brockhorst is a better leader than Casillas. All that matters in this final is to get the ball in the net more than your opponent. You don't think about it...YOU JUSTDO IT!!! Just because Van Bommel and DeJong have better whatchammacallit doesnt in general, doesnt mean that they will have better whatchammacallit in the game. Spain is too desperate to lose. 1-0 FINAL SCORE!!! FOR ESPANA!!!!

StokieScott

Phrourach
Poseidon i do think it has helped Casillas with the teams Spain have played, in the whole tournament only Chile and Germany have bothered to put the spanish defence under a bit of trouble. Against chile they were the better team until their keeper went kamikaze and decided to gift villa a goal and the germans didnt have the time on the ball in midfield like other games. With Casillas i used to say he was by far the best keeper in the world and most of Madrids (and spains) success was because of him, however when you watch him play now he seems to be making the wrong decisions and flapping at balls more then David James.
However i do hope you win 1-0 aslong a Villa scores it because it means i win £140 and thats all that matters to me :)

DeletedUser

You didnt motivate me to see hw Casillas is so bad but I still think of him as the best goaltender in the world, better than Gigi Buffon - but he was pretty good to but now he's old so he sucks

StokieScott

Phrourach
Gigi is only a few years older the Casillas. And why i think Casillas isn't as good as he used to be for example is take the swiss goal the Casillas of old would of dived at the players feet and taken the ball the swiss player and his own player but goes in like a fanny with his feet resulting goal. There have been crosses that he has come get but missed, i mean you know its bad when a female reporter gives you a bad review on your performance (especially when said reporter is your girlfriend). On who is the best keeper in the world i would still say he is up there, but there is not a lot too choose from atm. There just him gigi and julio ceaser who played well untill the clanger against the dutch. Other then that there not any world class keepers to choose from, some good young keepers but not world class.

DeletedUser

If Casillas is playing bad, why does he have only 2 goals against in 6 games!!!!!!??? And to respond to kANJAI, does it matter if Robben will rip up Capdevila?? This isn't just gonna be midfield vs midfield, forward vs. forward, etc. It doesn't matter!!! Villa > Sneijder. That doesn't matter wither!!! It's not a matchup of the same positions!! Its not whether VAn Brockhorst is a better leader than Casillas. All that matters in this final is to get the ball in the net more than your opponent. You don't think about it...YOU JUSTDO IT!!! Just because Van Bommel and DeJong have better whatchammacallit doesnt in general, doesnt mean that they will have better whatchammacallit in the game. Spain is too desperate to lose. 1-0 FINAL SCORE!!! FOR ESPANA!!!!

I see your point but it will be capdevilla robben will be running at the most of the time, and were you being serious:eek: when you said De Jong and Van Bommel will not be able to outmuscle xavi and iniesta you must have been dreaming, the have been the most hard-hitting midfield in the WHOLE world cup!!!!

DeletedUser

congratulations to spain on achieving victory! wouldve loved to see more goals but it was a good game nonetheless

DeletedUser

I love Holland but......... How did robben miss:eek: all he had to do was chip it:(

DeletedUser

My prediction was that either Argentina, Germany, Spain, or Brazil would win.

I was hoping for a German victory. :(