World cup review - have your say

DeletedUser

In ancient rome they had the olympics - well during June and July we have another huge sport specticle in the world cup.

Is the world cup an unwanted distraction and impact on your game play?

Who is your team - and are they doing their loyal passionate fans justice?

Did you see an excellent game and want to congratulate a team on a good performance?

For my sins I am an England supporter - and if I had to sum up the first two performances in a single word I would choose 'disgrace' - they are not fit to wear the 3 lions.

I see Germany had a harsh sending off yesterday (18 June) - for me it was never a second yellow card.

Lets get the football banter flowing ... will be tasty in later stages when respective countries play each other so lets hear your opinions.

Doughbot

DeletedUser

Well i like Germany and Holland , although ger had lost yesterday the refereeing was a disaster , he gave to many yellow cards ( i dont like referees whom want to be on center stage all the time ) .

TO sum it up it's a pretty bad Wc , most of the games are booring to watch :( sadly

And that constant background noise keeps us from hearing the supporters singing

DeletedUser

first ODI starts on tuesday... I guess anyone in my family wanting to watch the football on that day will be disappointed XD

DeletedUser

Then it is time for England to win The Ashes.

Wait till australia's younger teams get a bit older. Then the ashes will be ours again :)

DeletedUser

It already is ours :p nothing Messers Ponting and co can do about it :p

DeletedUser

no you won't... we is going to come to aussie soil and beat u in your home city :)

DeletedUser

Lol yeah you will kad :(

But in maybs 2-4 years we'll kick some pommie but.

DeletedUser

we even managed to beat you in the rugby yesterday/2 days ago, you is on the slide XD

DeletedUser

what I want to know is who is actually in line to take over from ponting when he runs out of steam, they don't rotate captaincy like we do... he can't last for ever...

DeletedUser

what I want to know is who is actually in line to take over from ponting when he runs out of steam, they don't rotate captaincy like we do... he can't last for ever...

They'll probably give it to Hayden or someone. But they may as well just give up on cricket all together once they get slaughtered by the English. ;)

DeletedUser

This thread was moved to Off-Topic -> Sports as it was nothing to do with World Beta.