Inactive Topic World Data Deletion Button

• Thread starter devilimpstudios
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Proposal:
A button that allows you to delete your data on a world in an instant.

Description:
In the wonderful game of Grepolis, there is one huge problem. You cannot delete your data in a world. Lets say you were just sacked 'till you had nothing from an alliance you want to restart right away. But no, you can't you have to wait the 7 days for your city or cities to become a ghost towns. (Don't go off if I don't have the time correct.) And then you have to wait another 5 days for the sever to delete you. Ok that's a drag. By the time the world is deleted you can already have like 2000-3000 points in another world. But you are no longer with your alliance and all your In-Game friends or Real friends. You are all alone (might meet a couple new friends but they're nothing like your old ones.) Now with this option to erase your data form any world would allow you to get destroyed and then you didn't want to continue powerless. You would click on your city and Next to the Other buttons there would be a data delete button. You click it and poof! Everything is gone. Moments later you log back in click your old world you got killed in and Tah-Dah! You're with all your friends and alliance playing together again. Instead of being in turmoil and trying to revive your old cities. You are re-creating a new city/cities learning from your mistakes and creating the "Perfect City."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im not sure Id agree with this as it would encourage more people to restart instantly, you can always go to another server and do this...
The way it is you just reset then you are ghost instantly and you can restart in your choice of places be it random or a chosen location, an alliance link, a player invite link and or island link. At least you get to keep some stats, if not hit delete and wait 7 days and do it again like above to get with your mates again.

I just disagree in a instant system, as too many players hit reset as it is anyway let alone if they could do it instantly!
:pro:

DeletedUser

Your idea is like missing half the format...aaanyways as for the idea I would have no objections to it, I can see how that would really appeal to some people, although I usually never reset of delete a world....I just let it sit, unused..probably not the best but eh..

DeletedUser

seems to me to have too much abuse potential for "hackers"
-> no

wait the few days

DeletedUser

Ok the only reason I brought it up because my friend joined in an ocean across the map and I invited him to my island but now I have to wait.

DeletedUser

You can invite people if there is an empty spot on your island i think... Then they just appear in that spot.

DeletedUser

seems to me to have too much abuse potential for "hackers"
-> no

wait the few days

Please don't cite reasons like this that don't have any factual backing.

I believe theonlythomas hit the nail on the head.

DeletedUser

Yeah I did that but he joined before I sent it so we can't be in the same alliance, and we have to wait for his data to be erased.

DeletedUser

Please don't cite reasons like this that don't have any factual backing.

I believe theonlythomas hit the nail on the head.

It's factual backing. Just think you're Account got hacked or you let other persons know you password (of course this is forbidden!).
so this hackers and untrustful persons are not nice and want to delete your account.
normally they would need to wait around a week until the data is erased. and with this "World data deletion button" it would happen too quickly.

DeletedUser

It's factual backing. Just think you're Account got hacked or you let other persons know you password (of course this is forbidden!).
so this hackers and untrustful persons are not nice and want to delete your account.
normally they would need to wait around a week until the data is erased. and with this "World data deletion button" it would happen too quickly.

I've only ever met one guy who's every been 'legitly' hacked. This is not a reason to block this idea, as the number affected by hacking is so minute that it shouldn't even be held into consideration.

I am still against this idea for the reasons theonlythomas cited.

DeletedUser14492

NO.

I really cannot see a reason for this idea. The times this could be useful are few and far between, its not worth it for the minority of people who happen to want to delete their account and start again. There are already ways to do that as has been explained.

Also, hacking happens more often than you think Wavebreaker. Happened in my alliance, our enemy used the account for an extended period to spy while the real account holder was ill in hospital (hang your head in shame TheQuickandDirty and the others that participated). We regained control when our friend was better and able to play again... then we used the account as a double agent lol. Anyhoo totally off topic but just saying :)

Ev