World data

DeletedUser

I am wondering if I am allowed to use the world data to form a page of players last point increase hourly - Like an activity tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Activity tool

I am wondering if I am allowed to use the world data to form a page of players last point increase hourly - Like an activity tool.

Thank you for your interest. I would have to get some more info on this, but we normally encourage community activity. If it is similar to Grepostats, I do not see an issue with it, however like I mentioned before, I would need more information. I will await your answer,

Sincerely,

Gordon

DeletedUser

Hello Gordon,

My idea was to simply take the world data files to create an activity based tool, how this would work is quite simple and can't see it violating any rules.

I use program called crons activate my script every hour to download certain parts of the world data in my database, I then search a players name on my site and it will run a query and bring me the following information:

Code:
Hour 	Player 	        Points
Hour 1 	Phararapid 	1233
Hour 2 	Phararapid 	1229
Hour 3 	Phararapid 	1155
Hour 4 	Phararapid 	1146
Hour 5 	Phararapid 	1146

As you can see the account above is active as it has grown in the last hour from 1229 points to 1233 points.

I am also working on adding defense battle points / Attack battle points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, I see how this would be handy. This is allowed. However please remember that the data should not be uploaded in increments smaller then an hour. An update every hour is fine.

Thanks for bumping me on this thread. Drop me a line about your progess on this project.

I enjoy seeing community projects like this and wish you success with your idea.

DeletedUser

its a brilliant idea if it works. is it flawless?

Works great so far. Though there is some issues which I can't help and that's players building several buildings in under an hour which allows for a slightly higher point increase thus not making it as easy to assume what they built but the activity part works a charm.

It's actually upset few players on Omega - I'm sure they probably reported me.