World Discussion

DeletedUser

I have a quick question. BP ends tomorrow and lets say I get attacked and I loose...then what? Do I have to rebuild an entire city or something?

DeletedUser29329

Hello CW, BP ends and then the struggle for BP begins. :) If you lose all your troops, you train some more troops. Buildings generally remain untouched except for attacks with Catapults and Divine Powers like Lightning Bolt. Apo11o

DeletedUser

Octadaniel1..... Same here.... Nice to be able to go out and not have to worry to much... :)

DeletedUser

These settings allow players to have a life. You don't need to check on your city every 30 mins because you're at war with the guy on the next island.

This is why I am still here. I went through the ordeal of not being able to do anything but live on the game last year, so I quit. With this one being slower, I can do other things than worry about my polis(eis), like live in the real world.

I like it in Olympia, and hope to find a decent alliance that will have me, and soon, at that.

AA

DeletedUser

I love the speed of this world also :) Just the fact the world is kind of new is also a draw for me as I hate joining old servers and not knowing all the 'history' between alliances and players!

DeletedUser

This world is good for really busy people who cant play much for the whole week and can play only in weekends a couple of hours. Its too slow for a good player and boring also. No happenings, no risk. No dangerous players. Everything is predictable and very easy.

DeletedUser

Sorry Tan but ive had to reply to your comment, because it is such a load of rubbish you are spouting.
Admittedly the pace is slower and that can seem boring to very active players. That though is as far as your comments hold worth.
any player that just plays at the weekend is going to fail epicly and as for there being no dangerous players how could you possible know that when only a handfull of players even have conquest.

DeletedUser25074

Its ok F1rst let him keep imagining this world is safe from dangerous players rofl. When the time comes he will learn how very wrong he is

DeletedUser29371

Its ok F1rst let him keep imagining this world is safe from dangerous players rofl. When the time comes he will learn how very wrong he is

If anything really this day is in favor of the hardcores imo.

I mean anyone who can log in every 2h is practically invincible for now... dodge enlist militia and /laugh

You hit the offliners clear their army and laugh or they are online for a change and they rinse and repeat process ... spend resources, send army to vaication on another greek island /laugh

F1RST is right... being active is good in both worlds, actually its even better in slow worlds... cos in fast worlds many players can catch you easier, here its more or less ''impossible'' unless spending tons of gold.

DeletedUser

If anything really this day is in favor of the hardcores imo.

I mean anyone who can log in every 2h is practically invincible for now... dodge enlist militia and /laugh

You hit the offliners clear their army and laugh or they are online for a change and they rinse and repeat process ... spend resources, send army to vaication on another greek island /laugh

F1RST is right... being active is good in both worlds, actually its even better in slow worlds... cos in fast worlds many players can catch you easier, here its more or less ''impossible'' unless spending tons of gold.

That is true. Get ahead, and the casual players will have a hard time catching up unless they spend tons of gold. It is going to be interesting seeing how the slower speed works in this regard.

AA

DeletedUser

In the beginning, the casual players will fall behind. In time, though, if some of the casual players develop their skills, they can compete pretty well without using gold. Without using gold, the key to growth is how efficiently a player can collect BP. More BP = more cities.

I once played against a very strong player who used gold only for the five advisors. He never used gold to upgrade buildings, speed up unit production, or olympic games. But he was ranked #1 in total points, and #1 in ABP. Gold made things easier for him to manage his empire, but his skills on the battlefield earned him the #1 rank.

DeletedUser29371

In the beginning, the casual players will fall behind. In time, though, if some of the casual players develop their skills, they can compete pretty well without using gold. Without using gold, the key to growth is how efficiently a player can collect BP. More BP = more cities.

I once played against a very strong player who used gold only for the five advisors. He never used gold to upgrade buildings, speed up unit production, or olympic games. But he was ranked #1 in total points, and #1 in ABP. Gold made things easier for him to manage his empire, but his skills on the battlefield earned him the #1 rank.

While I agree, I am yet to find a 1000 pointer (so slow but active palyer) who knows how to play... atleast on olympia, the players of which you write are huge minority and while correct does not change fact that slow world is hardocre friendly... more so than fast worlds.

I really want to see the casual champ who will beat orestes and F1RST in expansions and ABP//DBP untill they play actively as they were untill today. Ill pay/finance him/her a sixpack of their preffered beer!

DeletedUser

I am a slow starter but active that doesn't use gold although i will use captain later on not saying i will beat them because i probably won't but now there is a six pack at stake who knows :p

DeletedUser

I wasn't sure where to put this so here seemed a general thread that would be appropriate.

I am now the boss of The Unknowns as ssw2012 needs to spend more time in real life due to a new job. Consequently, I am now the main contact for all the usual Founder things.

Also, when previously a Founder in Omicron I restricted my participation on this Forum to very rare occasions. I intend to now do the same in this Olympia Forum. I have no problems with others in The Unknowns commenting and encourage them to do so whenever they have the desire to do so.

DeletedUser

I wasn't sure where to put this so here seemed a general thread that would be appropriate.

I am now the boss of The Unknowns as ssw2012 needs to spend more time in real life due to a new job. Consequently, I am now the main contact for all the usual Founder things.

Also, when previously a Founder in Omicron I restricted my participation on this Forum to very rare occasions. I intend to now do the same in this Olympia Forum. I have no problems with others in The Unknowns commenting and encourage them to do so whenever they have the desire to do so.

Good luck.

DeletedUser29371

I cannot shake off the feeling that this is all an alibi for IF The Unknowns FAIL to defend ssw2012 for the 2nd time... then you or someone else will simply point to this post....

It might be true though it's just how i see it.

On the other hand Congratulations to someone kicking The Unknowns !

And that attack on Snitchuation is again a fail.

Ps; Transient Thanks for getting resources to almost 40 for me or someone else who claims you ;) That army inside is pitiful!

DeletedUser

Also, when previously a Founder in Omicron I restricted my participation on this Forum to very rare occasions.

How did that work out for you? I take it that since you are trying to lead an alliance in Olympia that your previous leadership experience didn't fare too well. I wish you better luck this time around.