World Discussion

DeletedUser

How did that work out for you? I take it that since you are trying to lead an alliance in Olympia that your previous leadership experience didn't fare too well. I wish you better luck this time around.

It worked very well but I had to leave as my wife was ill. Somewhere in the Omicron Forum is my one and only post on the matter under my current name.

DeletedUser

I do hope that your wife is feeling better. I once played in Omicron, along the same time as you, and I was not told the details of your departure.

DF was a indeed great power in Omicron, though I didn't agree on forming 3 branches. I always imagined the same fate for DF as Black Sea and all its academy/sister/brother alliances. But part of the reason DF was so successful was due to the great players and their cooperation with each other, not their vast numbers. Having so many members, especially semi-inactive ones, is a liability.

DeletedUser

Few knew why I left at the time so I did not expect anyone here to know. It is difficult to see that DF has deteriorated significantly in the last year but these things happen. Now that I'm in charge (somewhat reluctantly as I know the time it takes) I will take care to see that The Unknowns fare well.

DeletedUser29371

The Unknowns are crazy defenders.... they just had another successful defense against Paragon when they only lost 1 3.8k pointer... oh wait we only attacked 1 player so not so epic then i guess...

She had epic defense of 33 hoplites and 4 swordsmen and 1min after we took the city Transient was kind enough to send 27 biremes to protect us :)

Wonder how they got so much DBP with such epic responses of troops....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can't blame them for being drained. I've taken down 367 biremes just by myself. Those are almost exclusively property of The Unknowns and The Union.

DeletedUser

The Union have lost a few members.. Lots of their high pointers have formed a new alliance called Enigma.. Must be why you have dropped a couple of places :O

DeletedUser

They're #26 now, with only 17 members. They could get into top 12 if they kept recruiting like that.

DeletedUser

No chance there aren't enough decent pointers around there all been snapped up

DeletedUser

I suppose you're right, although if more The Union players quit and join them they might stand a chance

DeletedUser30524

I don't like the slowness, but I love the alliance limit.

DeletedUser

Personally think its a pretty bad limit think i would prefer 50 players max

DeletedUser25607

I'm surprised to see that Paragons are better in BP averages than "mokneys" (2809.52 points/person against 2229.97 points/person "mokneys" have). From other side there are only 26 "paragons" left. It will be difficult dominate world with such number of players and 200 persons cap. :)

Also word of caution to both alliances. You'd better occupy some (nearest to your core?) area on the edge of world and expand from there. If you'll stay only in your core oceans for a while -you'll finish like "biremes" in Ithaka. Being the best alliance but only in core oceans (mostly in O55) and surrounded by another large alliances in endless fights and probably inevitable fall and disruption. I think "CHCAGO" from "monkeys" still plays in "biremes" there - ask him how easy is that...

But considering your city/BP averages - good work! :)

DeletedUser29371

I'm surprised to see that Paragons are better in BP averages than "mokneys" (2809.52 points/person against 2229.97 points/person "mokneys" have). From other side there are only 26 "paragons" left. It will be difficult dominate world with such number of players and 200 persons cap. :)

Also word of caution to both alliances. You'd better occupy some (nearest to your core?) area on the edge of world and expand from there. If you'll stay only in your core oceans for a while -you'll finish like "biremes" in Ithaka. Being the best alliance but only in core oceans (mostly in O55) and surrounded by another large alliances in endless fights and probably inevitable fall and disruption. I think "CHCAGO" from "monkeys" still plays in "biremes" there - ask him how easy is that...

But considering your city/BP averages - good work! :)

It might be different this time though... however thanks for advice...

A small alliance can only get as many cities in such ''short'' time until it hits solid ''cap'' and needs many BP to advance. Many will not use 50 gold for 1 olympics aka CP, so we will be slowed down considerably after 5th or 6th city.

DeletedUser

hi I'm new to the game and this is my first world. But I founded an alliance and was wondering if we are in or close to a "core ocean" we are on east part of 76. and if not does it have potential to be a hot spot.

DeletedUser29371

hi I'm new to the game and this is my first world. But I founded an alliance and was wondering if we are in or close to a "core ocean" we are on east part of 76. and if not does it have potential to be a hot spot.

44 45 54 55 is the core

DeletedUser

Since you are in O76, you basically have to contend with my alliance. Besides from that you don't have any competition :cool:

DeletedUser29371

Awesome attacks of Unknowns brought Paragon to its knees...

Oh wait thats the wish for christmas this year.

Truth is poor 60 LS and a couple of triremes together with countless transports crashed on walls of Paragon members! And only 5 supported btw...