World Epsilon - what do you want to see?

What setting do you want for Epsilon?

• Speed 2

Votes: 110 61.8%
  • Night Bonus

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Alliance cap

Votes: 52 29.2%
  • Ten days beginner protection

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am just wondering what you, the players, would like to see in World Epsilon. I noticed some complaints about the settings for Delta, especially the speed. So here is your chance to let the Community Manager know what you really want to see! This vote stays open for five days.

Please keep discussions here short and to the point.

DeletedUser

Night bonus?

That's not possible in international versions like this... There are players from all over the world... Therefore, some players would only be online during the night bonus which is not fair at all for them...

DeletedUser

Night bonus?

That's not possible in international versions like this... There are players from all over the world... Therefore, some players would only be online during the night bonus which is not fair at all for them...

First of all, I agree with ancestal. Secondly, I believe that the epsilon world should be at least x2.. this game is reaaaly slow and if you do not buy gold you will not enhance your city fast.. However i'm really interested to know the opinions of the other players too.. :)

DeletedUser

Can't we have all these things? About the night bonus I think it could be implemented as a random feature - let's say 8 hours of "night" per 24 hours.

DeletedUser2795

Well, because we can only choose one of those, then Speedx2, but if we could have voted multiple times, I might have also said Alliance Cap and BP, but not night bonus. I am 9 hours behind server time, I would never be able to attack at a good time except on the weekends if night bonus was activated

DeletedUser

Speed 2 is the only beneficial one really.

Speed 2 - Only real benefit but still nothing different to Gamma
Night Bonus - Hard to implement on an international game, but not a huge benefit as i see it
Alliance cap - Pointless as alliance just ally with others and you can mass recruiting groups
Ten days beginner protection - Yawn

Epsilon should be different from the other servers, not slow like A, B and D, or double like Gamma.

How about double speed and no beginners protection? That'd liven things up :)

DeletedUser2795

Maybe double (or triple) speed, usual Beginner protection and double unit speed, none of the other worlds have a different unit speed yet

DeletedUser

Speed 2 is the only beneficial one really.

Speed 2 - Only real benefit but still nothing different to Gamma
Night Bonus - Hard to implement on an international game, but not a huge benefit as i see it
Alliance cap - Pointless as alliance just ally with others and you can mass recruiting groups
Ten days beginner protection - Yawn

Epsilon should be different from the other servers, not slow like A, B and D, or double like Gamma.

How about double speed and no beginners protection? That'd liven things up :)
very nice post mike. +rep ;)

DeletedUser

i think speed is definitely something necesary. plus this whole BS about buying gold? WTF! lol gold should be mineable like silver, and more easily procured than it is. after all, its a very basic game why should people have to BUY stuff with real money to be able to achieve anything? more speed, more gold, less "give me your money" crap!!

DeletedUser

Speed 2 is still too slow. You need to bring out a speed 3 world.

Also an alliance cap would be awesome. Say perhaps only 20 members? (Those worlds are always interesting)

DeletedUser

I wonder what kind of Family Alliances would form in Grepolis.

DeletedUser

There's not a whole lot of point to a member cap, other than the fact that your Diplomats would have to work harder and Recruiters less so. Alliances would just ally / gang up with each other for mutual protection and there's no way that can be prevented.

The one advantage to a member cap (50 would be about right IMO) is that the alliance rankings would then have real meaning. Right now they mean nothing except in a very few cases (which, ironically, are the 'limited' member alliances in Gamma such as Serpents and Grepo).

Speed is the main issue. I started in Gamma (not even realising it was "x2") and it felt about right to me. Nothing seemed to take too long - although higher level buildings are now making me hover longingly over that spend-gold button! Then I joined Delta. Even though I have a much better idea of what I'm doing this time round, it still feels like I'm slogging through mud to get anywhere. Everything is taking too long. Resources are coming in too slow, and the cost of building increasingly higher levels just doesn't seem worth it (each level taking many days just to pay for itself). Village Mood merely creeps up, slowing down resource gathering by that means, etc. I could go on.

All of this has a cumulative effect, making the whole experience far less interesting / entertaining (and far more frustrating!) than Gamma. Just a few days into Delta and I would have dropped out by now if it wasn't for the fact that I lucked into a decent alliance with a good bunch of people at its core. For that reason alone I'll see how it goes for a while, but I won't be joining another "x1" speed world - that's a definite.

DeletedUser

i agree

Night bonus?

its true, not that much people actually play at night, and it is unfair to them a lot.

DeletedUser

There's not a whole lot of point to a member cap, other than the fact that .................ood bunch of people at its core. For that reason alone I'll see how it goes for a while, but I won't be joining another "x1" speed world - that's a definite.

Amen to that!

DeletedUser

I think the alliance cap makes a huge difference. It prevents the MRA's from being ranked higher than the true, proper alliances. Also works in favor of creating many diverse alliances, lead to more diplomatic strategies and tactics in game play. Alliance caps would also serve to reduce the issue of bolting/earthquaking, as individual alliances, no matter allied or not, always have their own personal agendas, so allies are not likely to team up to bolt others.

To address speed, x1 speed is absolutely ridiculous, unless you use premium, x1 speed is slower than a turtle. x2 speed should be the standard x1 speed, while x4 speed should be the standard x2 speed.

DeletedUser

yeah! There would also be a lot more diversity in alliance choice!

DeletedUser

Please note

i think speed is definitely something necesary. plus this whole BS about buying gold? WTF! lol gold should be mineable like silver, and more easily procured than it is. after all, its a very basic game why should people have to BUY stuff with real money to be able to achieve anything? more speed, more gold, less "give me your money" crap!!

hey all so I've bought gold, not so much to get ahead (but hey it helps) but to help the game out. some times i think people forget that games cost money to make and keep up and the fact that this great game is free is the best but don't yell at the creators for putting and option to buy in and letting them make some money.

Also i liked the idea of a speed 3 world

DeletedUser

Like most others on this board, I would like to have server speed of at least 3x. If Alliance cap is implemented then it should probably be 100. However game speed is of utmost importance to most of my friends including myself (3x and upwards).

Thanks for creating the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.