World full and 1447 players with 0 points?

DeletedUser

Serously anyone knows an estimate of when these inactives will be booted and some room made? Been trying to join the world for quite some time and can't do squat. I'm bored of speed 1-2 worlds even if i do have a busy schedule would like to play on a (rather) fresh 3x one :<

DeletedUser

I heard someone say that it will be about 5 days, I don't know if that is true

DeletedUser

Yesterday I asked Support about this, I got a standard response.

Q:
Why are the ghost towns and cities of inactive players still present?

Also, the rankings not cleaned up, lots of players with 0 points remain occupying places.

A:
Players can take up to 30 days to ghost from a world. We have no control over when this happens.

Again:
Q:
Still remains the question why players with 0 points are not removed so new players can sign up for this world.

A:
Players with 0 points are still considered active players because they have played before. Being rimmed does not kick you from the server. Even though they retain no cities, they still have the option to restart there to continue play.

You have to wait for them to ghost out as normal, no matter their point value.

DeletedUser

So assuming there were a few players that stopped playing from the very first day, on the 24-25-26th we might be able to join this world? Can't believe I stopped watching the forums these months and lost a huge headstart :(

Thanks for the reply!

DeletedUser21770

This is a bit of a pain. I was considering trying this world out as well. It would be my first Speed 3 world.

DeletedUser

Yup same for me on en. servers. I tried it before on a localized version but there were far too few players after 2 weeks - about 5-600 active players and the community sucked.

I hopped on en58 atm since it's the only 3x i can join atm that is rather new, but the top players are around 50 vills already which is a huge let down for me. If you the wrong guys you will surely be rimmed again in less than 24hrs with that attack force or farmed until you quit.

The only method for me to test out the new features they added in the game while I wait for Rinzia to open up again or Thebes to launch with 3x (if it's 2x, i'll skip it and keep Rinzia probably, depending on a bunch of factors) is to play on en58. So far I enjoy the quests, inventory and more consumables. Game was rather simple before 2.0 and I didn't had the time to stick to the 1st world wonders phase, I think i stopped 1 month before en21 was WW ready?. And now we already have 63 worlds in total launched LOL.

Anyway, lurking around in the meantime.

DeletedUser

Yesterday I asked Support about this, I got a standard response.

Q:
Why are the ghost towns and cities of inactive players still present?

Also, the rankings not cleaned up, lots of players with 0 points remain occupying places.

A:
Players can take up to 30 days to ghost from a world. We have no control over when this happens.

Again:
Q:
Still remains the question why players with 0 points are not removed so new players can sign up for this world.

A:
Players with 0 points are still considered active players because they have played before. Being rimmed does not kick you from the server. Even though they retain no cities, they still have the option to restart there to continue play.

You have to wait for them to ghost out as normal, no matter their point value.

I fail to see how the response to your question was a "standard response" o_O You asked a specific question twice, and had it answered twice (albeit a little more in-depth the second time).

DeletedUser25133

Have to admit the answer is straight forward just might not be the answer you was hoping for

DeletedUser40642

The bigger question is why the hell did they limit a speed 3 server which has a very popular settings to 20k players?

I personally am a gold user, and i believe that InnoGames have lost quite the amount of money due to this limit since gold is spilled a lot faster in a speed 3 server, and i can't be the only one which have tried to join this server and got that annoying red notification popping up.

To sum this up in one word: Disappointment.

DeletedUser

I fail to see how the response to your question was a "standard response" o_O You asked a specific question twice, and had it answered twice (albeit a little more in-depth the second time).

First I placed it here because I wasn't the only one with this question, 1 reply spoke from 5 days and I understood by the answer from Support that this was not the case.

Two different questions are dismissed with 1 answer about ghosts of the inactive.

Players with 0 points are not ghosts, they have no city. And after for example 14 days they still have no city but make it impossible for new players to get on this world.

When the second answer was given the first time I had not asked a second time. Specifically the last sentence makes it clear why they still are around.

DeletedUser

The bigger question is why the hell did they limit a speed 3 server which has a very popular settings to 20k players?

I personally am a gold user, and i believe that InnoGames have lost quite the amount of money due to this limit since gold is spilled a lot faster in a speed 3 server, and i can't be the only one which have tried to join this server and got that annoying red notification popping up.

To sum this up in one word: Disappointment.

The simplest explanation that I know of for population caps are server stability. Hardware can only cope with so many connections at once before things become unstable, and server crashes due to overloading become an issue.

Edit: Please be aware that this may not be the case for Grepolis, but is my experience as an IT support tech for a few other MMO's that Ive been a part of.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40642

Well i guess that someone has listened to us, since about 100 spots were opened due to some 0 point players being removed.

See you there :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I managed to join now, but there are only 10 spots left. My guts tell me there will still be open spots later on even if they fill up today.

DeletedUser

Aye, if theyre starting to clear out, slots should be opening up slowly in the next few days. It was just a matter or time.