World Hoppers

DeletedUser

What are your views on them? I can relate to the feeling of excitement upon joining a new world but that shouldn't be their main source of enjoyment for Grepolis. There is so much more if you focus in one world; making long term friends, slowly becoming powerful, learning new things as each day passes. I have learned so many things in the world that I currently reside in and it brings me joy reminiscing on that. And what I enjoy the most is that it teaches: if you put in a lot of time and dedication into something you will succeed regardless of who you are.

I pity world hoppers as they are missing the very foundation of grepolis, of all the joy it comes with. They just join the world for a a couple of weeks, a month or two at max and then leave. Do you agree with me? If not then explain why, I value any responses as long as they are genuine.

DeletedUser32488

Maybe because it becomes such a chore to manage 30+ cities? Personally I start to get annoyed after 20, ideal number for me is from 5 to 15

DeletedUser

If you set out a well thought out plan on each of your cities then there shouldn't be an issue. Time will not be wasted nor will it be neglected if all is done right.

DeletedUser

Managing many cities is such a boring and annoying pain in the rear. It takes way too much time to do all the little things, unless u are simming like a champ and just clicking 'run city festivals everywhere'.

DeletedUser42407

I join a world and then leave 5 minutes later because I don't like it and than I am too lazy to quit on it so I have like 8 worlds that I don't play.

DeletedUser25249

Best part of playing a server to the end is the ability to destroy things with absolute ease, but i suspect the world hopping became popular during gen 2, when the vets were searching for the old style grepo and the noobs were just getting owned, now we just have a server active for 6 months if we are lucky.

DeletedUser14397

every one has the right to play for as long as they want so what if they leave after a short time

Why dont you put an idea in about if a player starts a world they must finish it :p

DeletedUser

Managing many cities is such a boring and annoying pain in the rear. It takes way too much time to do all the little things, unless u are simming like a champ and just clicking 'run city festivals everywhere'.

This.

I quit 2 worlds after 20 cities and I'm literally hanging by a thread in thebes.

I just bust out the big guns, conquer some noobs and run away when things get too hard

DeletedUser

every one has the right to play for as long as they want so what if they leave after a short time

Agreed, games are for fun. If they're not fun any more, I don't see the point in continuing. :p

DeletedUser

no they cannot quit, if they do we will punish them..... by taking their cities.

DeletedUser18366

Agreed, games are for fun. If they're not fun any more, I don't see the point in continuing. :p

So hopefully nobody will eat me when I reach my final decision to leave Cythera, so basically grepolis in-game forever...

DeletedUser

Im manging ~100 cities quite fine at the moment, takes me about 30minutes twice a day to place build orders/organize festivals and victory celebrations and that's pretty much it as far as how much I have to spend my time on the game. I farm only in cities that are rebuilding troops, gave up regular farming a long time ago (when I had about 30 cities).

The rest of the time I spend with the game is the fun part of attacking/defending and conquering which I don't mind one bit and which I can do at a time most convenient for me.

I think the problem for "world hopping" or players leaving way too fast is easily solved by reducing the amount of new worlds appearing, a max of 1 new world a month would be more than enough to keep players occupied with a world for a longer period of time.

DeletedUser

hoppers syndrome started happening when inno opened tons of worlds in a short time period giving everyone a chance for a new start which is fine, but what's behind it? those who continue playing on meet less resistance and less fun to play as world goes on. if there would be no new servers opened for months then i'd personally think twice before pulling the plug on a server if it comes to whatever reason i have to quit. less servers opened in as less time as possible keeps the competitiveness

got all your units killed while sleeping or being afk in your only city at the server start? no worries, join a new server if you feel defeated

DeletedUser

New worlds bring in lots of gold buys for Inno so i cant see them slowing down much on that front. as for world hoppers, i guess they are looking for a world where they think they can win........ maybe

DeletedUser5819

The farm all at once button would give a whole new lease of life to the game.
It is really so obvious. The only reason I can think it is being withheld is to bias the game against the big guns towards the little guy, which I think it does very effectively.
Oh, and to keep it different from TW :|

DeletedUser

Well, I would assume most people pretty much stop farming all-together once they reach a certain size. Farming all the cities when You have 30+ of them even with the commander activated takes an insane amount of time and is near-impossible without it activated.
Trying my hardest to farm most cities atleast once a day during the wonder-race, having ~100 cities took alot of effort, perhaps some system could be implemented when the farm-all-at-once kicks in some stage of the server development, early game it's pointless, but later on people just dont use the function anymore.

DeletedUser42857

or just add a 24 hour option, so at least big players only have to farm once a day, yes they get less resources, but they can still farm. Ive only got 12-13 cities, but i still dont bother farming more than twice a day using the 8 hour option even if im online for a long spell.

DeletedUser35431

What are your views on them? I can relate to the feeling of excitement upon joining a new world but that shouldn't be their main source of enjoyment for Grepolis. There is so much more if you focus in one world; making long term friends, slowly becoming powerful, learning new things as each day passes. I have learned so many things in the world that I currently reside in and it brings me joy reminiscing on that. And what I enjoy the most is that it teaches: if you put in a lot of time and dedication into something you will succeed regardless of who you are.

I pity world hoppers as they are missing the very foundation of grepolis, of all the joy it comes with. They just join the world for a a couple of weeks, a month or two at max and then leave. Do you agree with me? If not then explain why, I value any responses as long as they are genuine.
World hoppers are people who go onto a world, ruin them, and leave. Some ladies have done that to me! *Sniff* They love me, then ruin me, then leave me!!!