Inactive Topic World Map- Ancient Greece

DeletedUser

Why should grepolis be realistic? 90% of the fun of grepolis is that it's not realistic. If grepolis was realistic, we would have no myth. units, no actual benefits from the gods, heroes would die forever the first time they lost a battle, and we would have an extremely stupid and generic map. Most games like grepolis are based mainly on landmasses, and one of the best things about grepolis is that it's different. The current grepolis is a very unique and fun game, and tis would make it extremely generic and boring.

DeletedUser

I disagree you would still have a navy which would be useful it would just change strategy and the way a world goes a lot. I don't care about realism but this is a good idea for those who like stratergy and it would not impact the game to much on a tactical level.

DeletedUser

it would completely change the game. Landlocked players would have no use for navy, and costal players would have to make a lot more land units so they don't get easily conquered by landlocked players. Also, because landlocked players are landlocked, their LAU/LDU would have no way of reaching other islands.

DeletedUser

yes there would be but they would have more access to other players as if you can be landlocked surely there would have to be over 40 slots where you are so you would get to fight more on land and you would be safe from others off islands also what about flyers.

DeletedUser

yes there would be but they would have more access to other players as if you can be landlocked surely there would have to be over 40 slots where you are so you would get to fight more on land and you would be safe from others off islands also what about flyers.

there aren't many flyers, and you're saying that if I start with a landlocked island my only real option is to convert it to a flyer nuke city right after I conquer a costal city. that's just dumb

also, as I mentioned before this would make grepolis extremely generic, there are hundreds of other games that have this system, so why not play one of them and keep grepolis original.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46838

there aren't many flyers, and you're saying that if I start with a landlocked island my only real option is to convert it to a flyer nuke city right after I conquer a costal city. that's just dumb

also, as I mentioned before this would make grepolis extremely generic, there are hundreds of other games that have this system, so why not play one of them and grepolis original.

You can always add rivers to the islands...lol and lakes

DeletedUser

You can always add rivers to the islands...lol and lakes

So you're saying that every single landlocked city would be built close to a harbor. That's impossible and would make the entire island covered in rivers. Rivers that are large enough to carry ships. Also, when defending the idea, can you PLEASE use what the idea at the beginning of the thread says. It says that the landlocked cities would not be able to use ships.

DeletedUser46838

The only problem is that how does in lock players conquer other players? I read it again and found that you have to be very lucky to be on the coast .....

DeletedUser

also, as I mentioned before this would make grepolis extremely generic, there are hundreds of other games that have this system, so why not play one of them and keep grepolis original.

Also, can you answer that question?

DeletedUser

what does that have to do with anything? I agree with that though

DeletedUser

there are advantages of being landlocked like being untouchable from sea attackers. also don't call me dumb because I said flyers will help ease the land lock problem. Landlocked cities will be able to fight more people on land as well so troops will become more important yes true but ships will still be important. the game will still be original it will just be original in a different way.

DeletedUser

no it won't, it would be the most generic game ever, and I don't like that type of game. And navy will only be used after you and your alliance conquer every single city on the island that isn't ghosted or inactive. Like I said, this would make grepolis a different game. I like the current greplois, and why do you think many people have stayed for years, they like the game. This would make many experienced players quit.

DeletedUser

this is in my opinion for every 2nd world and yes that is true but assuming though correct me if I am wrong that although there will be big land masses there won't be anything to big therefore the navy may be used later on it is will still need to be used.