Inactive Topic World Map- Ancient Greece

DeletedUser

it will not be used nearly as much though. Also, think about the difference in the players benefits. Players who join a world and get a costal city have can be attacked from other islands and there current island. Players who start in a landlocked city can only be attacked from their current island.

Also, even if this gets voted to the devs, look at it from the devs point of view. They would have to code in a completely different type of map, new units, new researches, and new types of cities, it would make many experienced players quit, and the game would barely benefit from it.

DeletedUser

I fail to see why experienced players would quit since many like and those who don't don't have to play the world. From a dev point of view it will be difficult but we don't know how difficult.

yes but those on the coast can also attack so disadvantages and advantages on both sides. Navy will not be used as much but will still be used.

DeletedUser47121

You could also add Greece colonies at the time in the Mediteranian,Adriatic and Black sea on to the map.

DeletedUser

I fail to see why experienced players would quit since many like and those who don't don't have to play the world. From a dev point of view it will be difficult but we don't know how difficult.

yes but those on the coast can also attack so disadvantages and advantages on both sides. Navy will not be used as much but will still be used.

naval cities being able to attack other islands in no way balances it out, and experienced players would leave because devs are adding stupid updates that make the game much much much worse. If I missed out on a world with perfect conditions (conquest speed 1 unit speed 1 morale inactive) because it had this stupid map, I would be angry

DeletedUser

5 mins ago you said landlocked cities were stupid. It kind of does since you get to attack them they get to attack you where as with land players they can't attack you while you can't attack them.

DeletedUser

they are stupid. They make navy useless until months after a world would start, and after that they are COMPLETELY useless

DeletedUser

no because you still have to transit between islands it just means that islands will be different sizes . what are you referring to as stupid?

DeletedUser

the landlocked cities, I was responding to your post above mine.

DeletedUser

oh right sorry. they are not they are just different to what we currently have.

DeletedUser

If I was forced to play on a world like this, I would restart every time I got a landlocked city, lead my alliance and forbid my members conquering landlocked cities, their only way of getting to other island is flyers, making them useless

DeletedUser

well don't play on theses worlds since no one is forcing you. though you have a point landlocked cities need some sort of bonus

DeletedUser

also, do you think the devs would want to go through the trouble of coding this only to use it every other world? If they implemented this it would probably be on every world

DeletedUser

don't know have not heard from a dev I think we should leave the coding out of this until a dev comments

DeletedUser46838

Reform The Current Issue

I believe we should tweak this a little.

• Add Rivers
  • The islands will be the same shape as the Greek Islands in Real Life

DeletedUser46838

I believe we should tweak this a little.

• Add Rivers
  • The islands will be the same shape as the Greek Islands in Real Life

Add WaterFalls and rapids to increase boat speed a little more so they can reach the ocean a lot faster

DeletedUser

either way it would be fun and add a lot to the game, I would not want it on every world though. I agree with the rivers and lakes but it should definatley have land locked cities
can we get a mod to approve or decline this as I am very interested in it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

This idea is eligible for a revote, please continue discussion.