World map

DeletedUser

I made a map showing the city-takeovers from the last 12 days.

There are some clusters identifiable but the overall impression is that the grepolis world is one big warzone :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

notice the nice little botches around the main warring oceans, thats a very interesting map, thanks Xara :D

DeletedUser

Is there a way to overlay that onto a map of Gamma's oceans?

DeletedUser

its not that hard to tell which oceans are which, but that would be good.

DeletedUser

Into Jars said:
I just would like to see the exact locations of the fighting

Tomorrow I will draw some gridlines and ocean numbers into the map, shouldnt be too difficult.

DeletedUser

I overlay conquest cities map over alliance map. Conquest cities are shown as white with golden white glow.

I hope it is ok with Xarandir and Chrss.

overlay2.jpg

DeletedUser

Looks very nice. I guess we could add that to our list of constantly growing possible additions :D

DeletedUser

Excellent work guys.
Interesting to see the quiet zones as well as the active frontiers.
An unusual amount of activity in the centre of Fusion territory (I'm in Fusion), which will presumably be our takedown of Blynda recently.
Perhaps also reveals how safe zones allow the deployment of support to frontiers. Perhaps a counter strategy would be to invade an enemies heartland with a bunch of new cities, or inactive captures to force them to recall forces from stacked frontier outposts.
:)

DeletedUser

WOW im impressed :)

I know currently my maps are a bit rough but with some nice polishing skills they greatly improve. Somehow I have the feeling this map making thing will grow big, I already spend more time with programming than i do with farming :)

I will look into options to share my program with the python programming community so I dont have to do it all by myself and have some time to conquer a city once in a while.

I hope it is ok with Xarandir and Chrss.
Sure no problem. You convinced me that it is worthwhile to have the two maps merge :)

DeletedUser

OK i have a new map that looks like this:

the old map:

I added gridlines for oceans and I changed the algorithm for assigning a color to an island. In the new map the color is based on the city that has most points of all cities on an island. Oh and I added two more alliances in the list. The bad news is im not on the map no more :(

DeletedUser

I added gridlines for oceans and I changed the algorithm for assigning a color to an island. In the new map the color is based on the city that has most points of all cities on an island. Oh and I added two more alliances in the list. The bad news is im not on the map no more :(

I think better algorithm will be to:
On an island, sum city points of each alliances city on that island and the alliance who has most city points after adding all city points (not the biggest city) should get the color for that island

Yogesh

DeletedUser

I think better algorithm will be to:
On an island, sum city points of each alliances city on that island and the alliance who has most city points after adding all city points (not the biggest city) should get the color for that island

Yogesh

Yep try that.
Also add rdlm.
And good work, keep it up ;)

DeletedUser2663

that new map just looks awsome since it stands out more. keep up the great work.