dec 04, 2010
nov 20, 2010
nov 13, 2010
nov 06, 2010
nov 01, 2010
oct 27, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

After looking more closely, wow, my mental image of the south has changed alot :D

DeletedUser2663

lol all that stands between Fusion and CJ being neighbours is 420's. i can see out that will turn out lol.

DeletedUser

Did you guys notice that small base of Incognito player middle of no where. What they are doing there?

DeletedUser

Great map! What did you use to create it?

I'm using python to create the map. I started looking at python like half a year ago so i'm no python wizzard, but its a nice programming language, and best of all its completely free.

If there's people out there who want to know the details and help me develop it further its probably best to make a new topic for it. I think most people here prefer to use PHP/SQL tools.

DeletedUser

I'm using python to create the map. I started looking at python like half a year ago so i'm no python wizzard, but its a nice programming language, and best of all its completely free.

If there's people out there who want to know the details and help me develop it further its probably best to make a new topic for it. I think most people here prefer to use PHP/SQL tools.

I'm up for helping with it. I only know a little python atm but I do know VB, C#, and some C++. It shouldn't be too hard to learn another ;)

DeletedUser2663

Xarandir, how much time dose it take you to make these maps? if possible you should update these as much as possible eg every 2 weeks or month if it isnt to time consuming. if you can do that i am sure a mod will sticky this. I must say these maps are something that grepolis has always needed. we have never had a good view of all of gamma and your maps are briliant.

DeletedUser

Xarandir, how much time dose it take you to make these maps? if possible you should update these as much as possible eg every 2 weeks or month if it isnt to time consuming. if you can do that i am sure a mod will sticky this. I must say these maps are something that grepolis has always needed. we have never had a good view of all of gamma and your maps are briliant.

I hope he doesn't mind me speaking for him but we have been collaborating and are each making our own versions in different languages (a competition in a sense)

He said it took 5-10 minutes for the top 10 map.

DeletedUser

Thats right, i created the top ten map in like 5 minutes, selecting the alliances took most of the time.

Since the alliance is included in the data it should not be too difficult to adapt the program to plot the top ten alliance with the push of a button, but I have the feeling that it is not really worthwile to publish a map every two weeks for there are no major changes every two weeks.

Maybe we can use this forum to work out some ideas of what would be good to have, I am thinking of a world map that shows conquering activities to have an overview were war is going on.

Currently i am working on making ocean maps, but it is too early to publish one.

So post your ideas.