World map

DeletedUser

I verified the coordinates: there are no cities/islands outside this map. This is not possible because the island coordinates have been defined at the start of this world. Making the map smaller would not reveal more dots.

DeletedUser

There actually are some "ghost" oceans. 102, 103, 104, 105, even a 410. You can't access them by the in game maps though you can view members there. Clearly some sort of seeding bug, but they are hundreds of players in them, if not thousands.

DeletedUser

Could you pls give me some names or towns in/on those ghost islands? I am curious if they show up in the data files...

DeletedUser

Skatcat is in 104, arceus00 also in 104, caldedales in 102, einheart in 103, bigbija in 410

DeletedUser

Thanks for showing me this.

It seems that towns in ghost oceans have island coordinates of islands that are not present in the islands data file, i.e. these islands do not officially exist. In the towns data file they have x-coordinate=999 so they will show up as a white city on the right side of my map. However you have to be in the allies top ten to get a color.

I do not know how Innogames handles these towns in-game. The x=999 is obviously not the exact x-position of these towns, so I guess the programmers did quite some work to cope with towns that are situated outside the playing area. Its like playing chess with more than 64 fields :)

DeletedUser

Is it possible to publish the map with known Alliance Alliances.... ie Orthia are bum chums with TWS. Could they be shown in one colour?

DeletedUser

All known alliances? Sure but there would be no room for a key!

DeletedUser

@matt: From a technical point of view it is possible, but I would need to know the alliances between the alliances of all worlds and thats something i would not remember after a week lol.

It might be a solution to have you guys make a config map that contains instructions for the map, so each alliance gets the color you want it to have. I'll think about that one.

@scholar: Its made in python. If you go over here you'll find my source code and there's also instructions for setting up python.

DeletedUser

Xarandir still hasn't been on the forums in a while, but here's an update. Credit for the map program I used goes to Xarandir. The program is here, and the instructions for getting python working are here.
alpha1411640.png
Larger version here: http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2922/alpha14111000.png

DeletedUser

Yes indeed. Having seen maps of each of the worlds, this is the only one in which the top alliances are this spread out.

DeletedUser

Howdy guys! It's me again; I spent some time fooling around with the program today, so it should be a bit easier for me to mass produce 13 Top 12 maps.

Also, I'm glad to see some people taking this up, since it looks less and less likely that Xarandir is coming back. Milonius of Beta, sparkz104 of Epsilon, MetalCore of Zeta, GDi ReTrO of Eta, Uber Lord of Theta, and Hyrune of Kappa all deserve rep and thanks for taking the initiative and helping keep their respective world map threads alive.

The version of Xarandir's program that I'm using, which requires some willingness to troubleshoot and figure things out yourself, can be found here. You'll also need to download and install python and pygame, Xarandir's instructions for which can be found here. This one is good for people who want to mess around with the program, and who already know python, or are at least familiar with programming syntax. For the rest, a compiled version can be found here. Just download 4.1 and run grepomaps.exe. If you are looking for smaller maps with more detail, www.grepolismaps.org is always awesome. I'll try to answer questions about either version if I can figure out the answer.

Regarding personal map requests, I may make them, if they are politely phrased, easy to comprehend exactly what you want, and come on a day when I have some time to kill. It can't hurt to ask.

Also, as I've been writing this post, I just discovered that these threads may all soon become obsolete.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say for now. I do believe I'll just copypaste this one into each world. Questions, comments, etc. can go below or on my profile, or in PM. If this works, you should be able to click the image to go to the bigger one.

DeletedUser

I have stickied this, and I am happy to update the original post unless and until the OP returns.

Please PM me if you would like to take responsibility for a new thread, so that I don't have to do this... then I will copy and paste all the old data into your post.

Cheers

Leggy